Photo

Do you think Nintendo are developing another Mario 3d game?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

I actually thought Mario 3d World looked really fun and can't wait to play it but many were expecting a brand new flagship Mario title like Mario 64 or Galaxy that redefined open world platforming.

Considering 3d World is scheduled for December this year there MUST be a brand new Mario U possibly to come end of 2014 or later that is designed around the Gamepad and the consoles capabilities, no?

Mario 128, Sunshine 2 or Galaxy 3 would be great but knowing Nintendo they would want to tilt the gaming industry on it's head and give us a brand new world.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Forza Juventus, 13 June 2013 - 03:30 AM.

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

Probably not, they haven't been on there A game for years now. I doubt the will create a new mario with a brand new world anytime soon :(

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

Probably, probably not.

Sunshine was the only Mario on the gamecube.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

Not another one lol, lets see some new ideas please.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

They're probably worried as to how they can beat Mario Galaxy. It's gonna be a tough sell.

3D World, in retrospect, was gonna happen. I mean, Land is a Gameboy game and world is a SNES game.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

Super Mario 3D World is your flagship 3D Mario for Wii U.

I don't understand the doubts, it looks and plays like 3D Mario, but with 4 playable characters/players, each with their own unique abilities.

The level layout is just like Galaxy. You go from one area within a level to another, reaching a pole instead if a star.

And we still don't know if it has an expansive and free roaming HUB world (for the 64 fans). We don't know how we find, unlock, and enter each level.

#7 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Unless their development team grew by 50%, I'm 99% confident that they are focusing on one Mario 3D game at a time. Patience is always key. Galaxy will (hopefully) come back during the Wii U's life cycle.

kisame.png

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Am certain there not, 3D world seems like a game with a lot of development put into it. (You know, making over 100 worlds and such rather than the normal 8-25 worlds) and can everyone SHUT UP About Sunshine 2 Galaxy 3 THEY'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT! Only reason galaxy 2 was made was because they still was unfinished with the series and wanted to add the extra planes they had with galaxy one, and Sunshine got a lot of hate out of all their 3D games thus why they haven't even mentioned Fludd never mind seeing him back.

Also we already own Mario 128, it was redesigned to Pikmin instead. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#9 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

I cant lie, I am not overly enthusiastic for this game, but at the same time I wasnt jumping for joy when I saw Wind Waker for the first time, and now its my second favorite Zelda game.  I kind of see this like New Super Mario Bros U, its not exactly revolutionary, but its going to be well done and very polished. 

#10 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

They might have some ideas for the next 3D game, but already working on it? Naaahh

IMO we can expect the next 3D mario in earliest 2016

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

Probably before the Wii U's life cycle is over but not anytime soon.

Signature_DK.png

#12 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

My guess is no.

They tend to go with one per home console. Galaxy was na exception because the team had a lot of unused ideas and made sense to make a sequel.

Think of Mario 3D Worlds as the other part of 3D Land.

I hope the next Mario is more like Mario 64.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

I really liked 3dland, the 2d game mechanics working flawlessly in 3d made for a fantastic platformer.

But a platformer will never scratch the itchy need of an adventure game. Thats why people who are fans of 64/galaxy style are dissapointed. Even if they dont realize its the reason.

Graphically, the game is completely flawless.

The models are perfectly smooth, the level geometry is perfectlh round, very obviously tesselation, the textures are uncompromisably crisp, even with the 'mario 64' behind the back camera. The lighting is flawless for the art style, and the effects are gorgeous.

But for someone looking for an adventure, its dissapointing, and that dissapointment effects judgement of every other part of the game, its called the halo effect.

As an adventure gamer, hers the framework of my mario:

Game starts at the castle, peach kidnapped, mario magicked, all his skills, taken away, double jump, triple jump, wall jump, superhuman pole climbing abilities, butt stomp etc- all taken away and given to bosses/spread throughout the gameworld.

The player would be left with the most basics of platforming moves, a jump, and would start off metroidvania style exploring where they can go, regaining platforming abilities, using new abilities like double jump to platform to previously inaccessable areas and recover more and new platforming abilities.

Edited by 3Dude, 13 June 2013 - 07:08 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

I really don't expect them to be working on a Super Mario 64-esque adventure right now, and even if they were I'm sure it wouldn't release for a few years or more. Right now I'm perfect happy with Super Mario 3D World.

Edited by Phanto, 13 June 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#15 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Apparently the EAD team that created Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Mario Galaxy are not the team that are creating Mario 3D World.  So there is a very talented team working on an unannounced project right now. 

#16 ugguy

ugguy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • NNID:uglyguy

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

They might have some ideas for the next 3D game, but already working on it? Naaahh

IMO we can expect the next 3D mario in earliest 2016

2016!! you got to be kidding :blink:

#17 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Oh well hopefully Nintendo will surprise us in years to come, thanks for the input guys.

Just want to say that the more I watch Wii U's upcoming exclusives the more I think they look better than PS4/Xbone's. Guys go watch 3d World footage again and it grows on you, lovely graphics and the gameplay looks fun as hell.

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Oh well hopefully Nintendo will surprise us in years to come, thanks for the input guys.

Just want to say that the more I watch Wii U's upcoming exclusives the more I think they look better than PS4/Xbone's. Guys go watch 3d World footage again and it grows on you, lovely graphics and the gameplay looks fun as hell.

I agree, i think it's a game that needs to be played or seen more gameplay of to appreciate it. I watched more gameplay of it yesterday and it increased my excitement drastically.

Edited by Sorceror12, 13 June 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!