Photo

Why should I buy animal crossing new leaf?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

I never played one of these games before, I checked some gameplay and reviews... from what I know you're a mayor and the game never ends... it looks like you just walk around do some little mini games, build a  house and live in your own town. What is so fun about this? How is this game worth 40$? All I play are platformers and sometimes RPGs and sometimes action like assassin's creed, would I like this game? It looks a little slow... I would really like to know since I need something to play that will last a while...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

I never played one of these games before, I checked some gameplay and reviews... from what I know you're a mayor and the game never ends... it looks like you just walk around do some little mini games, build a  house and live in your own town. What is so fun about this? How is this game worth 40$? All I play are platformers and sometimes RPGs and sometimes action like assassin's creed, would I like this game? It looks a little slow... I would really like to know since I need something to play that will last a while...

If you get tired of doing stuff one day there will be plenty more to do the next day. It never ends and has insane replay.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

POPULAR

The game is actually $35. It's truly a must-buy for the system, if you've never played before and you lack knowledge of the series. It will make the game more endearing for you because there is a lot more to discover and it feels very charming. This game pretty much is the ultimate relaxation game so if your looking for fast pace, then this may not be a game for you. It's the "perfect casual game." There is actually no "mini-games" that are like flash games. It's about fishing, digging fossils, planting trees(and so much other stuff I really couldn't list) and selling this stuff for money to build up your house and town or you can donate stuff to the museum to show off to your friends. Might not sound fun on the surface, but after a while it gets addicting! Sometimes there will be events for holidays like finding stuff or sometimes your neighbors may invite you to a game of hide and seek. The only real mini-games are the ones are on the island which are really fun to play with friends online, while those mini-games really don't represent the actual game play in terms of pacing.

This game will easily out last other games on this system, you could probably get more then 200+ hours of this game over the years. It really depends. The determining factor for you would be, if you're patient enough to play the game because building community projects, getting some characters and getting all your neighbors can take a week. About 2-3 weeks in the game really starts getting good, but I don't think that should detract you from buying this phenomenal game. 

Edited by Colinx, 14 June 2013 - 03:54 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#4 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

POPULAR

No one will ever understand the appeal of Animal Crossing by just watching gameplay trailers. You need to actually play it to truly experience it. Videos make it look boring and repetitive. The appeal (to me) is that it is a great time waster and just entirely relaxing. It's very hard to put it into words...

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

No one will ever understand the appeal of Animal Crossing by just watching gameplay trailers. You need to actually play it to truly experience it. Videos make it look boring and repetitive. The appeal (to me) is that it is a great time waster and just entirely relaxing. It's very hard to put it into words...

Time waster? Sounds awesome! XD

The game is actually $35. It's truly a must-buy for the system, if you've never played before and you lack knowledge of the series. It will make the game more endearing for you because there is a lot more to discover and it feels very charming. This game pretty much is the ultimate relaxation game so if your looking for fast pace, then this may not be a game for you. It's the "perfect casual game." There is actually no "mini-games" that are like flash games. It's about fishing, digging fossils, planting trees(and so much other stuff I really couldn't list) and selling this stuff for money to build up your house and town or you can donate stuff to the museum to show off to your friends. Might not sound fun on the surface, but after a while it gets addicting! Sometimes there will be events for holidays like finding stuff or sometimes your neighbors may invite you to a game of hide and seek. The only real mini-games are the ones are on the island which are really fun to play with friends online, while those mini-games really don't represent the actual game play in terms of pacing.

This game will easily out last other games on this system, you could probably get more then 200+ hours of this game over the years. It really depends. The determining factor for you would be, if you're patient enough to play the game because building community projects, getting some characters and getting all your neighbors can take a week. About 2-3 weeks in the game really starts getting good, but I don't think that should detract you from buying this phenomenal game. 

ughh I hate games that involve building stuff.... sounds slow and boring...

If you get tired of doing stuff one day there will be plenty more to do the next day. It never ends and has insane replay.

Sounds long...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

you play your life but only more epic.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

I never played Animal Crossing before but i started with Animal Crossing New Leaf, and trust me this game is so addicting, at first i looked at it like u did, but now it's a whole different story, it's very fun u'd play for hours and don't wanna stop

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

you play your life but only more epic.

Soo... it's like sims but with animals?

I never played Animal Crossing before but i started with Animal Crossing New Leaf, and trust me this game is so addicting, at first i looked at it like u did, but now it's a whole different story, it's very fun u'd play for hours and don't wanna stop

really? I dunno... don't wanna spend my money on something I am not too sure about...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

You don't physically build stuff, all you pretty much do is gather up money and it's all built for you the next day. And you can only build one thing at a time, so it requires some patience.

2lvmghw.png

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Started AC with New Leaf, and I admit, I was skeptical at first, but it's seriously a GREAT game. I have over 30 hours in it.

#11 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, this is one of those games where you'll be addicted right from the beginning. The trailers can and will never capture what the game is all about. Don't worry, the reviews are true, the game is A++ quality. And each day of playing, I tend to spend 5 hours every day until I run out of things to do. But like others said, there's always the next game.

My favorite part about it is probably how calming and relaxing it is just to play. The online is good too, so if you found to like any of the following things i've said, go ahead and get it. It's only $35.

794144.png?13383682

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

I played the GameCube game quite a bit and found the whole concept boring. Personally I think its a total waste of time and money. It baffles me how there are so many people who like this franchise.

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

Animal Crossing is an awesome, game, I'm utterly bummed out I can't afford the new one myself, but I am getting it as soon as I can :D

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

This game is like real life but safer. I mean in the game, you can get stung by bees. Only your character gets hurt and not you. So it's kind of like a Nintendo, talking animal version of real life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!