20 replies to this topic

#1 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

That..

Original story came from this guy  https://twitter.com/JazRignall  So dont compare xbox one trailers with wii U or ps4, because microsoft cheated. With wrong hardware as well. The info that the gpu is NVIDIA, came from Nvidia itself.

zu9f.jpg

Edited by Plutonas, 15 June 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Busted....

Signature_DK.png

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

This is news? An x86 machine emulating an x86 machine?

The Xbox 360 and PS3 did this.

Pretty sure the PS4 did it as well.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

BTW isn't that false advertising?

Signature_DK.png

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Doesn't every console do this at E3.

#6 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Apparently Sony confirmed their demos were working off PS4 devkits

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Third parties admitted this on spike tv.

They're speced to match the xbox1, since there's no actual units yet.

I don't really see an issue with it, I'd be more worried about the lack of in-game gameplay footage.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Glad i'm going PC/PS4/WiiU this gen.

794144.png?13383682

#9 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

This doesn't surprise me, them being M$ and all. Although couldn't they just use the dev kits if One isnt finalized yet??? 

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#10 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

if u watch the trailers

xbox one is filled with AA multiplier

while the ps4 demos are without AA..

so I believe sony went safe this time... Microsoft lied badly.  Also Nvidia gpus have a different feel in the game... They have a bit of a more 3d feeling..

The witcher 3

MGSV  

Edited by Plutonas, 15 June 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Third parties admitted this on spike tv.
They're speced to match the xbox1, since there's no actual units yet.

I don't really see an issue with it, I'd be more worried about the lack of in-game gameplay footage.

Yeah thats how it usually works. 360 had straight g5's instead of 360's its first show. Except, they mirrored the ballpark range of console specs, those units are packing titans or 780's. Nowhere remotely close to what the xbone will have, completely blows it out of the water.

This is going to make one ugly bottleneck when it comes time to make the move to actual xbones.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I feel like Microsoft did this because the XONE kits aren't hooked up to the XBL servers yet, so they had to use this PC to emulate the power that is possible with cloud. They prob did this bcuz everyone know s that Ps4 is more powerful, and considering the box is &499, they needed to show potential, even before the Ps4 price announcement
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#13 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I expect xboxone games to easily match what they showed at e3,either way ill be getting a ps4 anyway :) and cant wait for the nxt generation to begin

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

I feel like Microsoft did this because the XONE kits aren't hooked up to the XBL servers yet, so they had to use this PC to emulate the power that is possible with cloud. They prob did this bcuz everyone know s that Ps4 is more powerful, and considering the box is &499, they needed to show potential, even before the Ps4 price announcement

Yeah... I dont know how to break this to people.... But the power of the cloud is pure bs with current internet speed technology.

It can be utilized for very specific time insensitive applications, and thats it. Microsoft boasting 40x power increases.... Are blatant pr lies.

They probably did this because they have a bunch of ps360 optimized engines and even coders, who cant possibly adjust to the change in architecture in time, and are using the powerful pc's to brute force unoptimized code.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

And the funny thing is, XBOX ONE live service, is available only in 22 countries..  Only those who have 50mbit pure speeds.

All the rest, nothing.

There is no even infrastructures, in my country internet speed is advertised like " pay 60 per month and you get UP TO 50mbit.. but you never get even 20.

Edited by Plutonas, 15 June 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

What is it about the game industry and lies? Sometimes I hate calling myself a gamer...........

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Two problems:

Nvidia GPUs don't behave EXACTLY like AMD GPUs. The games may be fine, but they may have a few major glitches or noticeable changed.

Not everyone has access to really high speed internet. If they did, then Google would've never had to roll out Google Fiber. And Netflix won't even stream HD video here in Canada.

I cant really predict what's going to happen next. Most people are still unaware of all of this crap Microsoft pulled, and may not discover it for themselves until after the return period has ended. But it might also be fine.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

That..

Original story came from this guy  https://twitter.com/JazRignall  So dont compare xbox one trailers with wii U or ps4, because microsoft cheated. With wrong hardware as well. The info that the gpu is NVIDIA, came from Nvidia itself.

zu9f.jpg

What's your point. Developers and publishers do this all the time and Microsoft isn't the only one guilty of this. Its normal for them to use PC dev kits for demo purposes especially before the hardware actually launches.

#19 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

What's your point. Developers and publishers do this all the time and Microsoft isn't the only one guilty of this. Its normal for them to use PC dev kits for demo purposes especially before the hardware actually launches.

they dont use pc dev kit.. They use a high end pc with NVIDIA TITAN gpu. Thats why NVIDIA made sure to publish this pictures

Edited by Plutonas, 16 June 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#20 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

The problem is, not everyone will have access to high speed internet. Heck, I won't even trust my internet to be 100% reliable.

My main worry is that developers will be targeting these GTX 780 specs, leaving them with a major problem when the official hardware is released.

Yeah thats how it usually works. 360 had straight g5's instead of 360's its first show. Except, they mirrored the ballpark range of console specs, those units are packing titans or 780's. Nowhere remotely close to what the xbone will have, completely blows it out of the water.

This is going to make one ugly bottleneck when it comes time to make the move to actual xbones.

yeah. If I recall correctly the PowerMacs even had a core disabled to better emulate the 360.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!