Photo

To the Nintendo Fans Complaining About 3D Land and Tropical Freeze (Video)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Just in to say this video had the best quality of all the videos i have seen. The games look even better!

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

*Reads title of video*

*Walks away*.

(I will edit this post and change it in 19 minutes and see what I think of it lol XD)

He forgot the fact that it's linear, why do people keep saying this game is "good"?!

We don't know that its linear, as he mentioned, we have yet to actually see the overworld.

#23 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I kinda agree with YoshiWiiUGamer9, I love 3D Mario's and 2D Mario's, and I think 3D world will be a good game. My problem with it is that I was expecting a more open game with stars and huge levels from the new "3D Mario", like Galaxy, Sunshine and 64. Also hate the fact that they took the concept from 3D Land and not doing something new and it makes me worry if they are getting sloppy and rushing Mario games. I'll reserve my judgement until the game is out and I actually play it though.

I though New Super Mario Bros was to bring retro Mario back, and the 3D series to innovate/do something new. 3D Land was awesome because it was a handheld game and I think I would be more positive to 3D World if it was a sequel for the 3DS. 

Nintendo get the short 2.5d linear flagpole levels out of my Console 3d Mario!

​Mario is becoming the 2D COD.

2D:
New Super Mario Bros - 2006
New Super Mario Bros Wii - 2009

New Super Mario Bros 2 - 2012

New Super Mario Bros U - 2012

New Super Luigi U - 2013

2.5D:
Super Mario 3D Land - 2011
Super Mario 3D World - 2013

That's seven games in 7 years, and I didn't count the galaxy games either because they're real 3D games. Which came in 2007 and 2010. Nintendo WTH happened to once per System? I'm looking forward to the next 2008(No mayor Mario games) for a quick break.

​They are coming more and more frequently, I just hope we don't see 3-4 2d and/or 2.5d Mario Game's/DLC in 2014 :S 

Edited by Xef, 18 June 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

I kinda agree with YoshiWiiUGamer9, I love 3D Mario's and 2D Mario's, and I think 3D world will be a good game. My problem with it is that I was expecting a more open game with stars and huge levels from the new "3D Mario", like Galaxy, Sunshine and 64. Also hate the fact that they took the concept from 3D Land and not doing something new and it makes me worry if they are getting sloppy and rushing Mario games. I'll reserve my judgement until the game is out and I actually play it though.

I though New Super Mario Bros was to bring retro Mario back, and the 3D series to innovate/do something new. 3D Land was awesome because it was a handheld game and I think I would be more positive to 3D World if it was a sequel for the 3DS. 

2D:

New Super Luigi U - 2013

2.5D:

That's seven games in 7 years, and I didn't count the galaxy games either. Which came in 2007 and 2010. Nintendo WTH happened to once per System?

​They are coming more and more frequently, I just hope we don't see 3-4 2d and/or 2.5d Mario Game's/DLC in 2014 :S 

The star burst was the flagpole of the galaxy series.  It served the same purpose, to end the current platforming sequence and carry you to a new one.  Don't get hung up on the art style, this game looks loads better than galaxy, and it seems to be taking cues from EVERY SINGLE MARIO GAME EVER, not just 3D Land.  This isn't a bad thing.

Also, 3D World won't be 2.5D.  DKCTF is 2.5D.  Just 2D platforming with shifting camera angles.  3D World is a fully fleshed out 3D space that can be explored.

#25 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well, the game was actually a lot of fun and took the best aspects of Super Mario World and 3D Land. The co-op was amazing, there were some challenging levels, especially in co-op. It's not really fair to judge something without playing it also.

It looks fun as heck I will say that, but I just wish the levels were longer and they got rid of the the flag pole and timer and just made it a star game, then I would like it.

We don't know that its linear, as he mentioned, we have yet to actually see the overworld.

If there is a hub I would like OMG :D

2D:

New Super Luigi U - 2013

2.5D:

That's seven games in 7 years, and I didn't count the galaxy games either. Which came in 2007 and 2010. Nintendo WTH happened to once per System?

Nah the NSMB games are good, but yeah I do think they are starting to go a bit sloppy, I hope they are working on a true 3D mario game, though.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#26 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm looking forward to these games and wasn't dissapointed they picked do over metroid mainly BC I didn't care. As for the Mario game...yeah I'm a little disappointed BC I was hoping forma game like Mario sunshine. This game looks fun but I'm going to wait to judge when I play it.

On a side note I think they should remake Mario sunshine in HD like they are doing with wind waker.

#27 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

I am really excited about this game actually, it looks really good And I can't wait tiger my hands on it!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#28 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

The star burst was the flagpole of the galaxy series.  It served the same purpose, to end the current platforming sequence and carry you to a new one.  Don't get hung up on the art style, this game looks loads better than galaxy, and it seems to be taking cues from EVERY SINGLE MARIO GAME EVER, not just 3D Land.  This isn't a bad thing.

Also, 3D World won't be 2.5D.  DKCTF is 2.5D.  Just 2D platforming with shifting camera angles.  3D World is a fully fleshed out 3D space that can be explored.

Yeah as I said I'll wait until it's out before I decide if I like it or not. Looking forward to the multiplayer a lot!
It's Nintendo that's calling 3D Land for 2.5d because it's 3D Mario played like a 2D Mario, or something like that. Since 3D World looks a lot like 3D Land (Not graphics but concept) and with the gameplay I have seen until now it looks like it's 2.5D

Edited by Xef, 18 June 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#29 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Yeah as I said I'll wait until it's out before I decide if I like it or not. Looking forward to the multiplayer a lot!
It's Nintendo that's calling 3D Land for 2.5d because it's 3D Mario played like a 2D Mario, or something like that. Since 3D World looks a lot like 3D Land (Not graphics but concept) and with the gameplay I have seen until now it looks like it's 2.5D

donkey kong country is 2.5 D, Mario 3Dworld is 3Din 2.5 you can move along an x and y axis, but the environment is 3 demensional, with a z axis, like in DKCR. In 3D world you can move along the x, y, and z axis, making it a 3D game.

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#30 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

donkey kong country is 2.5 D, Mario 3Dworld is 3Din 2.5 you can move along an x and y axis, but the environment is 3 demensional, with a z axis, like in DKCR. In 3D world you can move along the x, y, and z axis, making it a 3D game.

You can move left to right (1D) Up and Down (2nd D) and in and out (3D)  You are moving along all three axis. 2.5D refers to 2D movement with simulated depth and 3 dimensional models.

#31 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

You can move left to right (1D) Up and Down (2nd D) and in and out (3D)  You are moving along all three axis. 2.5D refers to 2D movement with simulated depth and 3 dimensional models.

im pretty sure that is axactly what I said. Maybe I overcomplicated it a bit though.

#32 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

im pretty sure that is axactly what I said. Maybe I overcomplicated it a bit though.

Ahh, so you did :sheepish: It was the missing punctuation that confused me, lol.

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Sounds like he saw things I didn't, or is assuming a lot based on the name.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

I WANT METROID :angry: :angry: :angry:

#35 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

I'm excited for 3D world....but here is why, and I wonder if, if I could somehow gaze into the future and show you, it would put some of your minds at ease and you might find you could actually enjoy this game: I don't think this is the one and only 3D Mario coming to wii u. Within the consoles life I fully expect another title that follows more closely in he formula of Mario 64 - Sunshine - Galaxy/Galaxy 2. This isn't it. Its not that mondo monster 3d platformer from that lineage of Mario games your looking for. Its in the lineage of 3D land, as NSMBU is in the lineage of...NSMB. The Galaxy like game(s) will come. I have faith. But I am looking forward to 3D world as well. I really wanted to play 3D land and didn't get the chance to before selling my 3DS and I love Mario Bros. 2 with its special character abilities so I'm very excited about this.

Also....I'm just going to say it. No, hate me, its fine, I don't care....I want Mario 64 HD. We keep re-releasing ocarina of time. We got a DS remake of 64 I know but it felt barely playable to me. I want to see the (potentially) greatest 3D platformer ever made, the one that defined the design of the genre, in stunning 1080p with the glorious wii u gamepad as my controller.

#36 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

2D:
New Super Mario Bros - 2006 - DS
New Super Mario Bros Wii - 2009 - Wii

New Super Mario Bros 2 - 2012 - 3DS

New Super Mario Bros U - 2012 - Wii U

New Super Luigi U - 2013 - Expansion Pack

2.5D:
Super Mario 3D Land - 2011 - Doesn't count as a "NSMB" game at all. It is a 3D Mario game with SMB3 elements
Super Mario 3D World - 2013 - See above

Nintendo WTH happened to once per System?

Looks like it's still in place, from my perspective.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#37 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think the levels are a lot bigger than what we are seeing. I watched one video and you could see certain areas the person playing wasn't even exploring. This game is gonna be "FUN" yes fun you know some people actually still play to have fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!