ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hello.

I'm sure it's been said on here before but when I searched "dlc" i got 0 results. Ironic as this is one issue I have with wiiu. When it came out I gave console a review on my channle of 9/10 give or take 0.5. However now i'd have to lower the score if I whent back. Why? DLC on the store. Some games have it but too many from various publishers do not. My guess is it has to do with how nintendo lets them host the dlc. But it's problematic. Here is why in my honest opinion.

1) Preorders : Right now Batman Arkham Orgins is rumoured/not known if or if it isn't getting the DLC.  Big mistake! I'll be buying it for wiiu as I loved the diffrence it Arkham city (gamepad as bat computer is great) but friends of mine who have wiiu and another console are getting for ps3 or 360. Why? They want to get the Deathstroke content to experience everything. So WiiU has smaller number of owners and now they make alot of those not want wiiu version ..... This is one reason third party games on wiiu are not selling more.

2) Price for content : Not preorder but there are multiple games like "mass effect 3" which is a port from a year or 2 ago and yet the dlc is not coming.  Let me ask you, what would you buy a car that costs £1000  or the same car that costs £1500 but has no radio. That's what this does. Mass effect 3 right now when looking Mass Effect 3 (ps3) £12.99 on Amazon.co.uk  , Mass effect 3 (wiiu) on same store £24.99

Now some of this could be the "war" between ea and nintendo. But it's not just ea doing this.

3) extendeding the game : Take COD BLOPS2 , Love it or hate it, you can not argue it's popular. The wiiu version = barely supported. It got patches longer , less DLC. These while been content you could say was left out on purpose to sell dlc. It extends the game. Every COD fan I know buys every map , every weapon. It's a big deal to them. Yet you can't on wiiu or at least as much. So guess which version they won't buy?

I hope this topic does not come across as "trolling" or anything like that. I love my Wiiu. But the DLC thing is a massive deal even if you don't care about dlc enough do. Hell every year I buy the WWE games + fan axxess (every upcoming dlc for one price saving you a little cash) I do it as I want every wrestler the game has to offer. We need DLC to be improved.

So I ask, What are your opinions? and is there a reason Wiiu is getting much less dlc?

#2 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

The wii u e-shop is terrible broken and glitchy

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

eShop is a nice place and I think it's built well, Wii U's eShop is very empty though.

#4 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

1. Amazon has confirmed that Deathstroke DLC will be available day one for the Wii U version of Arkham Origins.

2. Nintendo has allowed publishers to set price and availability of their content on the eShop.

3. Activision's lack of support for the Wii U version of the game was Activision's decision, not Nintendo's. Furthermore, it had nothing to do with eShop restrictions, policies, etc, which are actually very relaxed compared to both MS and Sony (see 2).

#5 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

1. Amazon has confirmed that Deathstroke DLC will be available day one for the Wii U version of Arkham Origins.

2. Nintendo has allowed publishers to set price and availability of their content on the eShop.

3. Activision's lack of support for the Wii U version of the game was Activision's decision, not Nintendo's. Furthermore, it had nothing to do with eShop restrictions, policies, etc, which are actually very relaxed compared to both MS and Sony (see 2).

1 was preorders in general using that as example. Replace it with Injustice and the point remains

2 fair enough

3 fair enough

I was just wondering why games from multiple publishers "Activision" "EA" "WB" and possibliy others are not using dlc hosting.

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

1 was preorders in general using that as example. Replace it with Injustice and the point remains

2 fair enough

3 fair enough

I was just wondering why games from multiple publishers "Activision" "EA" "WB" and possibliy others are not using dlc hosting.

I'm pretty sure there have been games that have had DLC on the Wii U, I haven't checked for myself though.

Injustice is an interesting case, they said there was an issue they were having with submitting the DLC to Nintendo, so it got pushed back to the summer.

#7 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm pretty sure there have been games that have had DLC on the Wii U, I haven't checked for myself though.

Injustice is an interesting case, they said there was an issue they were having with submitting the DLC to Nintendo, so it got pushed back to the summer.

There has been.

Is it possible that issues that is the same issue stopping more dlc?

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

There has been.

Is it possible that issues that is the same issue stopping more dlc?

Perhaps, I don't know, maybe it was just different and the publishers didn't want to deal with it initially.  The problem is that they are creating a self fulfilling prophecy with their games.  They claim they don't support it because of install base, but when the potential buyer hears that it isn't being supported properly, they look elsewhere.

#9 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Perhaps, I don't know, maybe it was just different and the publishers didn't want to deal with it initially.  The problem is that they are creating a self fulfilling prophecy with their games.  They claim they don't support it because of install base, but when the potential buyer hears that it isn't being supported properly, they look elsewhere.

Good point, Thank you :)

Again sorry if people think I'm bashing it. I was just curious

#10 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

My only gripe with the eshop is that its not really setup being able to browse through tons of different titles.  If your game isnt on the main page, your not going to sell very well.  I also dont want a bunch of retail titles taking up the space.  The eshop should mainly focus on digital/Indie games.  To me, the eshop being a good opportunity for Indies is detrimental to the Wii U's long term success. 

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

Nintendo needs to take notice. This is why many devs are skipping the Wii U.

Signature_DK.png

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Nintendo needs to take notice. This is why many devs are skipping the Wii U.

I seriously doubt that.

#13 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

The Wii U's store is just fine. I for one like it compared to the cluttered PS3 PSN shop. They just need to improve it a tad bit.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#14 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

It just needs a little bit more, um....a little better organization. I go to it, and it is all like, "Bam!, here you go!". That is fine for a front page, but I want an easily discovered sectional breakdown (publisher, new releases, sales, etc.). It is sort of like this now, when you scroll down, but, it looks like the inspiration is the 3ds Store. That is a disaster (I spend more time searching for stuff than being led to it). They need to lead you from, say, Monster Hunter 3, to other Capcom stuff, and to what people buying it also buy (after you make your purchase as to not discourage the sale).

I suspect it will get better with additional content.

#15 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

The point of this thread (which people seem to have missed, so I'm guessing I did not explain it well. Sorry) was not the store as such. It was the DLC problem. As it's either a) companies are too lazy to do it , B) Nintendo charges them a fee , c) the stores's dlc host structure and/or rules are bad.  But honestly i think it has to be B or C

For example EA leaving off dlc from store.  Hate EA or love them, there is one simple undeiable truth. They like making money. This is why they came up with online passes, this is why they repacked the hell out of mass effect. This is why they bought the ufc licence + got the star wars licence. Evil company or good. They love making money. DLC gives them ALOT of income. Leaving it off WIIu version does nothing except hurt their wiiu versions of games. Wasting the money it cost to develeop the Wiiu version , print the Wiiu version (it may only be like $1 fotr a disc + box but it's still money) So why go out your way to loose money unless something is wrong with how dlc is hosted?

Do we have a offical answer from anyone? I used EA as an example but Activision is the same as is other companies.  Ubisoft brought out the same dlc though so I'm not sure the issue.

The Wii U's store is just fine. I for one like it compared to the cluttered PS3 PSN shop. They just need to improve it a tad bit.

me too

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dlc, store

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!