GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Now that is some interesting info right there. GPU's are very efficient, and to be honest the increases in performance has advanced quicker and for less money than CPU's have. So when your primary market is consoles, and it was pretty much a given that they would have some pretty powerful GPU's with much more modest CPU's, it made sense to design their engine around the GPU.

With that said, there are a lot of processes that have remained on the CPU for years, and for good reason, the CPU is very efficient at handling certain operations. Even though some things like AI and Physics can be done on the GPU, many times it makes more sense to run those on the CPU because they can start to eat up a decent chunk of cycles on the GPU.

I am looking forward to Shin'en's next game for Wii U. They are very very good at looking at the hardware and really leveraging what the system does well, and avoiding any potential pitfalls. Jet Rocket was a Wiiware game, less than 50MB in size, and as far as 3D platformers go, was only outdone by Mario Galaxy. I can pretty much gauratee that their next game will use about every modern graphics trick that the Wii U's GPU has in its arsenal, and will be making efficient use of all three cpu cores.

Yeah I'm looking forward to theeir next game also. Let see if all their talk about how the Wii U is capable if developed the right way show and prove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!