#22 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

I for one haven't had a chance to become disenchanted with Iwata yet. I believe in you Iwata san!

(On the other hand, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have games that are projected to be released a year and a half from now. So not like he's saying a whole lot.)

zeldasig.jpg

#23 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Nice glad to hear that there are more games than that were announced.

#24 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

Please be metroid please be metroid please be metroid Please be metroid please be metroid please be metroid Please be metroid please be metroid please be metroid Please be metroid please be metroid please be metroid Please be metroid please be metroid please be metroid Please be metroid please be metroid please be metroid Please be metroid please be metroid please be metroid

#25 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

The Last Story successor 

#26 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

The Last Story successor 

Could happen. The game sold around the 500k mark.

#27 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

GTA5 ?

#28 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

I don't think he was talking about any third party game. But even if he is, GTA isn't one of them. No hope for that one
.. Yet.

GTA5 ?

Honestly, what have we heard before?

The Wii U launch wasn't bad for third parties. They had tons of support. The problem was Nintendo was unable to make deadlines for two of their games. If Wonderful 101 launched during the Jan 2013 time frame, Pikman 3 around Spring 2013, sales would be different.

But that is one let down. What are the actual misinformation, or false promises, given by Iwata himself? Can someone explain that so I can, at least, understand these comments?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#29 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

I don't think he was talking about any third party game. But even if he is, GTA isn't one of them. No hope for that one
.. Yet.

Honestly, what have we heard before?

The Wii U launch wasn't bad for third parties. They had tons of support. The problem was Nintendo was unable to make deadlines for two of their games. If Wonderful 101 launched during the Jan 2013 time frame, Pikman 3 around Spring 2013, sales would be different.

But that is one let down. What are the actual misinformation, or false promises, given by Iwata himself? Can someone explain that so I can, at least, understand these comments?

Tons of support, what with six & twelve month old ports, i have had a WiiU since launch & these are the games i have NSMBU, ZombiU (i got with the console) Cod Black Ops 2 & NFS-MW, i also have these digital games Trine 2 & Luigi for NSMBU & that's it, that's six games in eight months of owning my WiiU, the game i play most is Black Ops 2 because it's the only multiplayer game on the WiiU basically, & don't go on about Batman & AC because i have already played them to the death on my X360 & PS3, when i go into to my local Game store the X360 & PS3 have new games on the shelves but the WiiU shelf has the same games everytime in go in, there is nothing new coming out for it, it's no good saying 101 & Pikmin will be out in a few months because they simply won't save the WiiU, even UbiSoft have said they are now more focused on the PS4 & X1, people should be talking about the games that can be played NOW on the WiiU & not about the games that they will be playing on the PS4 & X1, thats the problem.

As for the false promises by Iwata, he said that the WiiU was going to have full third party support because Nintendo knew that they had problems in the past, they said they were working with all the major developers & publishers, now it takes a couple of years to make a game, so where the hell are they ?

I know this has gone off topic, but you asked.

This gen Nintendo are going to have the lowest amount of third party ever, even the 3DO & Atarti Jaguar had more third party support than the WiiU is getting !

#30 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Tons of support, what with six & twelve month old ports, i have had a WiiU since launch & these are the games i have NSMBU, ZombiU (i got with the console) Cod Black Ops 2 & NFS-MW, i also have these digital games Trine 2 & Luigi for NSMBU & that's it, that's six games in eight months of owning my WiiU, the game i play most is Black Ops 2 because it's the only multiplayer game on the WiiU basically, & don't go on about Batman & AC because i have already played them to the death on my X360 & PS3, when i go into to my local Game store the X360 & PS3 have new games on the shelves but the WiiU shelf has the same games everytime in go in, there is nothing new coming out for it, it's no good saying 101 & Pikmin will be out in a few months because they simply won't save the WiiU, even UbiSoft have said they are now more focused on the PS4 & X1, people should be talking about the games that can be played NOW on the WiiU & not about the games that they will be playing on the PS4 & X1, thats the problem.

As for the false promises by Iwata, he said that the WiiU was going to have full third party support because Nintendo knew that they had problems in the past, they said they were working with all the major developers & publishers, now it takes a couple of years to make a game, so where the hell are they ?

I know this has gone off topic, but you asked.

This gen Nintendo are going to have the lowest amount of third party ever, even the 3DO & Atarti Jaguar had more third party support than the WiiU is getting !

You can't discount the ports, like Batman, just because you have played them to death. Both of those games haven't reach 100m+ sales yet ... So not everyone has played them. I have played AC3, and I have not played Batman. AC3 I bought on Wii U.

However, the problem Nintendo had wasn't first party. They had Batman, COD, AC3, Darksiders 2, Madden, FIFA, Sega Sonic Racing, Lego City, ZombiU, Just Dance 4, Skylanders, Mickey 2, Ninja Guiden (which was improved from the original), Takken. I know I am also missing others.

The problem was there wasn't that must have game. Nintendo trust that ZombiU was going to be that one game. It was presented in that way at E3 2012. Ubisoft is good, but that game was not that must have title. From that third party list, all were pretty much multiplats. So, when people are considering a new console, why buy a new console to play games you can get on the console you have?

That's why Nintendo mistake was NOT HAVING Pikman, not having Wonderful 101 at or near launch. If they did then things would be different.

And remember, launch was good enough to get 3m+ sales in a few months. The problem didn't start until January 2013. That's when the drought killed the Wii U sales.

THAT DROUGHT HAS ENDED. Nintendo has, starting with Pikman 3 and Wonderful 101, a big list of exclusives - both first party and third - leading until 2014 with the possibility of more to come. The only reason we have no names and no dates is they aren't sure they are going to make 2013 date. This way they don't promise something they can't do.

So again, what promise has he not fulfilled?

#31 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Good post.  There's a lot of Nintendo fans who haven't taken the plunge with the Wii U.  Not just Wii owners, but also consider 30m plus 3ds.  3ds actually outsold XBone for a week or so- posted pretty good numbers from what I remember- like 200k?  

Probably not a huge compelling reason to get one now or even in a few months, but certainly by Nov., Wii U will be in a better position with games released or very close to release.  

You can't discount the ports, like Batman, just because you have played them to death. Both of those games haven't reach 100m+ sales yet ... So not everyone has played them. I have played AC3, and I have not played Batman. AC3 I bought on Wii U.

However, the problem Nintendo had wasn't first party. They had Batman, COD, AC3, Darksiders 2, Madden, FIFA, Sega Sonic Racing, Lego City, ZombiU, Just Dance 4, Skylanders, Mickey 2, Ninja Guiden (which was improved from the original), Takken. I know I am also missing others.

The problem was there wasn't that must have game. Nintendo trust that ZombiU was going to be that one game. It was presented in that way at E3 2012. Ubisoft is good, but that game was not that must have title. From that third party list, all were pretty much multiplats. So, when people are considering a new console, why buy a new console to play games you can get on the console you have?

That's why Nintendo mistake was NOT HAVING Pikman, not having Wonderful 101 at or near launch. If they did then things would be different.

And remember, launch was good enough to get 3m+ sales in a few months. The problem didn't start until January 2013. That's when the drought killed the Wii U sales.

THAT DROUGHT HAS ENDED. Nintendo has, starting with Pikman 3 and Wonderful 101, a big list of exclusives - both first party and third - leading until 2014 with the possibility of more to come. The only reason we have no names and no dates is they aren't sure they are going to make 2013 date. This way they don't promise something they can't do.

#32 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Good post. There's a lot of Nintendo fans who haven't taken the plunge with the Wii U. Not just Wii owners, but also consider 30m plus 3ds. 3ds actually outsold XBone for a week or so- posted pretty good numbers from what I remember- like 200k?

Probably not a huge compelling reason to get one now or even in a few months, but certainly by Nov., Wii U will be in a better position with games released or very close to release.

You mean in pre orders? But exactly. Nintendo goes after Wii and 3DS owners, first. Then go after hardcore when they have more of a user base.

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Big Wii U fan I love the system. I just feel like they don't have one must own title for the system yet. Mario kart 8 is that title IMO. Wonderful 101 and watchdogs are my games to own but have no choice but to get 3D world for the family. It is what it is but I don't see Wii U having breakout success until 2014 time and mario kart 8 is released.

Edited by GAMER1984, 02 July 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#34 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Big Wii U fan I love the system. I just feel like they don't have one must own title for the system yet. Mario kart 8 is that title IMO. Wonderful 101 and watchdogs are my games to own but have no choice but to get 3D world for the family. It is what it is but I don't see Wii U having breakout success until 2014 time and mario kart 8 is released.

SSB4 and Mario Kart 8 are the two heaviest hitters Nintendo has announced thus far. But they have a lot of big titles, 3D World being one, that should do well for Wii U. Alone, Mario couldn't help. Combined with everything else is what's going to push sales in positive direction.

#35 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

SSB4 and Mario Kart 8 are the two heaviest hitters Nintendo has announced thus far. But they have a lot of big titles, 3D World being one, that should do well for Wii U. Alone, Mario couldn't help. Combined with everything else is what's going to push sales in positive direction.

We shall see.

#36 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

Agreed on that point.....Not sure that the one game exits, but there mightbe several that collectively sell a system. MarioKart, Zelda, Olympics, Smash Bros., Donkey Kong etc......

Nintendo's biggest failure with the launch was to not have one of those titles (plus a few more spread out this year), plus a better NintendoLand- it has its virtues. I like the game but it's not a classic, not something that you just have to have.  

#37 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Anyone that wants a WiiU would of already got one i would of thought, the WiiU games that are coming are too close to GTA5 & the release of the PS4 & X1, thats the problem, both the PS4 & X1 will have Mario Kart'esq games, i think most people want more realistic racing games now, they offer so much more for the money, MK8 has a limited number of tracks & vehicles all things considered. 

People waiting will be thinking should i spend my money on a WiiU or go in for a PS4 ?

A multiplat magazine i read (GamesMaster) had a poll called "which new machine will you be buying?"  the result was;

41% combo of these

27% - PS4

16% - X1

13% - New gaming PC

2% - WiiU

1% None of these 

As far as people are concerned & developers the WiiU is a gen behind, it seems.

#38 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

I wonder what percentage of those who voted already have a Wii U......

Anyone that wants a WiiU would of already got one i would of thought, the WiiU games that are coming are too close to GTA5 & the release of the PS4 & X1, thats the problem, both the PS4 & X1 will have Mario Kart'esq games, i think most people want more realistic racing games now, they offer so much more for the money, MK8 has a limited number of tracks & vehicles all things considered. 

People waiting will be thinking should i spend my money on a WiiU or go in for a PS4 ?

A multiplat magazine i read (GamesMaster) had a poll called "which new machine will you be buying?"  the result was;

41% combo of these

27% - PS4

16% - X1

13% - New gaming PC

2% - WiiU

1% None of these 

As far as people are concerned & developers the WiiU is a gen behind, it seems.

#39 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

Don't forget about Rayman legends. Ubi soft has screwed Nintendo over as much as Nintendo did themselves. That game on top of 101 and pikmin would have made the Wii u pretty respectable with the knowledge of these second wave games coming. Plus Injustice and Call of duty would actually be respectable.

#40 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Don't forget about Rayman legends. Ubi soft has screwed Nintendo over as much as Nintendo did themselves. That game on top of 101 and pikmin would have made the Wii u pretty respectable with the knowledge of these second wave games coming. Plus Injustice and Call of duty would actually be respectable.

Exactly. I did forget about Rayman. Silly me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!