Photo

Monster Hunter 4 will it posible come to the Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

Hallo.

Do you think that Monster hunter 4 will come to the Wii u at some time in near furture?

I am considering MH3 Ultimate, but i wont buy it if a new one is around the cornor, its also quite expensive game.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

We'd be lucky just to get the game in NA/EU

#3 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

As Fieryguns has said. We'd be lucky to even get the 3DS one localized.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Depends on if from their standpoint its worth even porting.

2lvmghw.png

#5 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

As much as I can agree with the two above me, I have no doubt that the game will be coming to home platforms at one point. It's a direct sequel game, not a spin off title. As for Wii U I think it's very likely bcuz of the support that MH3U Wii U got
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

I hope so, I love number 3, we gotta get it localized on 3DS first though.

#7 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

I have ordered MH 3 ultimate now.

Here is the games i have ordered this weekend.

NFS Most wanted 2012 Wii U

007 Legends Wii U

Darksiders 2 Wii U

Tekken tag tournament Wii U

And now MH3 Ultimate..

gonna be busy with my Wii u for a while now  :D

#8 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

would guess eventually- I think it's ubi soft's best selling title on the Wii U.  they publicly said it was a success.  

#9 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Ultimate sold well, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get the 3DS version and a Wii U port. 

I would for sure buy it.

#10 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

would guess eventually- I think it's ubi soft's best selling title on the Wii U.  they publicly said it was a success.  

Its not Ubisoft that made the game, its CAPCOM.

#11 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

My gut is telling me no.  The Wii U version of MH3U was special because it had online while the 3DS version didn't.  MH4 already has online on the 3DS, making it less likely they'll want to port it.

Here is the games i have ordered this weekend.

NFS Most wanted 2012 Wii U

007 Legends Wii U

Darksiders 2 Wii U

Tekken tag tournament Wii U

And now MH3 Ultimate..

Yeah you'd be busy enough with MH3U alone.  I'm currently at just over 400 hours and am getting ready to start hunting a jhen mohran for 7-8 hours in about an hour.

#12 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

My gut is telling me no.  The Wii U version of MH3U was special because it had online while the 3DS version didn't.  MH4 already has online on the 3DS, making it less likely they'll want to port it.

Yeah you'd be busy enough with MH3U alone.  I'm currently at just over 400 hours and am getting ready to start hunting a jhen mohran for 7-8 hours in about an hour.

Is the game open world?

How is the multiplayer? you meet people in the game, or do you join in a lobby and then get portet to the bosses?

#13 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

Is the game open world?

How is the multiplayer? you meet people in the game, or do you join in a lobby and then get portet to the bosses?

the game isn't open world. when you select the multiplayer mode, you search through rooms (or you can make your own) after you are in a room, you wait in a lobby until you or someone makes the quest. then you all join.

Edited by Gaymer, 29 June 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#14 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Weapons and gear you get in offline play, you have got that in multiplayer?

#15 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Weapons and gear you get in offline play, you have got that in multiplayer?

Anything you get in multiplayer or singleplayer you can bring with you in the other. 

The game is not open world.  You start in one of the game's hubs (Moga Village for single, Tanzia Port for multi) and talk to the quest receptionist to take on a quest.  You then head over to the departure gate and hit "A".  he game then teleports you to the hunting grounds for that quest (be it the volcano, tundra. etc) where you must the find and kill your target.  Some quests have different objectives like gathering or capture it alive, but it's usually just bring the monster down.

For basic game info  either go to youtube and search for ProJared to see his beginner videos, or if you just LOVE reading, see my post here (http://thewiiu.com/t...te-help-thread/)

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

I`m suprised a version hasn`t been announced.

From what i recall, the Wii U version was, according to Capcom, a success. If that game, that was a port of the Wii game, sold enough to make them a profit, i`m sure a Wii U version of MH 4 would do even better.

But at this point either it`s not coming or will arrive way late.

#17 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

I`m suprised a version hasn`t been announced.

From what i recall, the Wii U version was, according to Capcom, a success. If that game, that was a port of the Wii game, sold enough to make them a profit, i`m sure a Wii U version of MH 4 would do even better.

But at this point either it`s not coming or will arrive way late.

The Wii U game was a port of the 3DS game, which was a heavily expanded version of the wii game with 2-3x the content.  Just so we're clear.

#18 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

The Wii U game was a port of the 3DS game, which was a heavily expanded version of the wii game with 2-3x the content.  Just so we're clear.

I thought it was a port from the Wii game with added content. Thanks.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

Well if we want to be clear, its an enhanced port of monster hunter portable 3rd for psp, which was a port of tri, minus the underwater segments and other things psp couldnt handle.

So, its portable 3rd, plus the cut content from tri (and tri monster models), plus new content and monsters, and improved graphics, except where they forgot to improve them and there are hilariously out of place psp left overs.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Well if we want to be clear, its an enhanced port of monster hunter portable 3rd for psp, which was a port of tri, minus the underwater segments and other things psp couldnt handle.

So, its portable 3rd, plus the cut content from tri (and tri monster models), plus new content and monsters, and improved graphics, except where they forgot to improve them and there are hilariously out of place psp left overs.

I always forget about Portable 3rd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!