• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#61 Battlefrog

Battlefrog

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

What do you want Retro to do next? Surely they are working on at least one launch title. I think they need to make a war game like Call of Duty but make it futuristic. Nit like aliens and space ships but with futuristic guns and armor. Call it Heroes of War, maybe. And all the guns should be real guns but "future " version s of them.

What do you guys think should be Retros next game?

Sounds just like Halo. I agree that Nintendo needs an original FPS game to attract more gamers to the Wii U. How about a fantasy themed or Smash-Bros-Like FPS?

#62 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

Sounds just like Halo. I agree that Nintendo needs an original FPS game to attract more gamers to the Wii U. How about a fantasy themed or Smash-Bros-Like FPS?

I just couldn't see a Nintendo fps that was comprised of Nintendo characters like Mario or link. Though I could see it if they did include characters that held guns, fox, or created a new set of characters that would bring on a new genre of ips for them

Posted Image

#63 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Retro did a good job with DKC Returns, so I would like to see another platform game from them. Like... Kirby or something. Or maybe a Metroid game since they did Prime 1 and 2.

Fun Fact: Some Retro Studio staff are ghosts to race against in Mario Kart 7.

#64 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

I would definitely like to see another Metroid game from them. Not just yet though, as I`m somewhat more interested to see what can yet be done with the Other M style. Retro is probably working on Star Fox or something, I think.

#65 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Would definitely like to see a star fox 64 either remake, sequel, or expansion. On that note I would like for them to leave other m alone just to see how it can be expanded on wii u until later on in it's cycle.

Posted Image

#66 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

I just couldn't see a Nintendo fps that was comprised of Nintendo characters like Mario or link. Though I could see it if they did include characters that held guns, fox, or created a new set of characters that would bring on a new genre of ips for them

I agree maybe they should make somthing like jet force gemini that was for the n64. that would be cool

Signature_Fox.png

#67 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

Did anyone else read the the article about how Nintendo might collaborate with retro to make the next Zelda game???

Posted Image

#68 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Did anyone else read the the article about how Nintendo might collaborate with retro to make the next Zelda game???

No, but there's a lot of rumours going on right now about Retro. I think it's pretty awesome how Retro is so big these days, they've filled the void that was left after Nintendo lost Rare. :D Personally I don't care what they make, I just want to see what the new project they're talking about is. Hopefully it'll be revealed at E3 2012.

Posted Image

#69 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

No, but there's a lot of rumours going on right now about Retro. I think it's pretty awesome how Retro is so big these days, they've filled the void that was left after Nintendo lost Rare. :D Personally I don't care what they make, I just want to see what the new project they're talking about is. Hopefully it'll be revealed at E3 2012.

Just read this
http://nintendoeverything.com/79460/miyamoto-open-to-working-with-retro-for-zelda-and-lots-of-other-news/
It's an interview with miyamoto were he acknowledges that he would like for retro to become a little more involved with Nintendo IPs a hints at a possible collaboration with a Zelda title

Posted Image

#70 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Just read this http://nintendoevery...-of-other-news/ It's an interview with miyamoto were he acknowledges that he would like for retro to become a little more involved with Nintendo IPs a hints at a possible collaboration with a Zelda title

Sounds good, I`d love to see what they can do with it.

#71 StarFoxWiiU1

StarFoxWiiU1

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Ok so just like cheese and crust=pizza, Star Fox+Retro Studios=Wii U game.

Anyways, what do you think this Retro Studios project could be I think Star Fox but we have to find out until E3 2012. It could be F-Zero but they said "a project everyone want us to do" and last time I check on a poll everybody wants them to do Star Fox because people say the Star Fox series hasn't had a good game since Star Fox 64. Which I disagree because I love Adventures and Assault:)

Leave comments below.

Edited by StarFoxWiiU1, 02 January 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#72 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Well, I imagine it'd either be Star Fox, Eternal Darkness, or F-Zero. (More StarFox and Eternal Darkness than F-Zero)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#73 Bizzare Pony

Bizzare Pony

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Personally? I'm hoping for Star Fox, which is the most likely in my opinion.

#74 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

metroid anyone

Posted Image

#75 Bizzare Pony

Bizzare Pony

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Well, that would be my number 1 preference, but I seriously doubt it.

#76 Dant

Dant

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

After the relatively negative reception of Other M, I could see a new Retro-developed Metroid game in the works, despite the fact that Retro has said they've moved on.

#77 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

I hope I don't take a lot of flak from my fellow Star Fox fans for this, but I actually want another game like Assault. I loved that game's hybrid gameplay and awesome multiplayer, and would kill for another game like that with online play.

#78 StarFoxWiiU1

StarFoxWiiU1

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

I hope I don't take a lot of flak from my fellow Star Fox fans for this, but I actually want another game like Assault. I loved that game's hybrid gameplay and awesome multiplayer, and would kill for another game like that with online play.

me too. Assault was incredible:)

#79 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

They need to make it so that you can fly through a stage with friends, online co-operative. It would just make the game become 10x better in that respect.

I still want another game similar to Starfox Adventures.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#80 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

i think star fox is capable of becoming a big third person action/shooter game like gears of war but with less generic gameplay

as far as the next retro game im hoping they make f-zero it demands a new release in the franchise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!