• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

I played the GameCube version but that was nearly 10 years ago so ill gladly buy it and it does look very pretty to boot.

#42 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

My favorite Zelda game, and I don't own it.  I can either get it for 40$ or get it 60$ in HD.

But from what I hear, there are going to be additions.

What I may try is a nostalgic run, when I first played the game, I never used the z targeting, so I never got the attack prompt.  It worked all the way until Ganon, and I couldn't beat him for the longest time.

After I learned about it, I've beaten the game at least 3 times already (Blockbusters).

This game will just ooze fun for me.

#43 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

I've already pre-ordered it. It could've been a bit cheaper imo, but I'm still looking forward to playing some zelda on my Wii U.

#44 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

didnt play the first one i boycotted zelda on gamecube because of the crap they pulled showing off extra realistic(at that time) demo at spaceworld then giving us windwaker artstyle. so im gonna get a chance to play this which is cool.

#45 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

Wind Waker U.So what do you guys think about it?

There are already a number of threads on the game including the following one. I don't know why we need yet another thread on it.

http://thewiiu.com/t...wind +waker +hd

Edited by Gamejunkie, 11 August 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#46 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

didnt play the first one i boycotted zelda on gamecube because of the crap they pulled showing off extra realistic(at that time) demo at spaceworld then giving us windwaker artstyle. so im gonna get a chance to play this which is cool.

I am afraid that the history is about to repeat again with Wii U.

#47 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

My favorite Zelda game, and I don't own it.  I can either get it for 40$ or get it 60$ in HD.
But from what I hear, there are going to be additions.

What I may try is a nostalgic run, when I first played the game, I never used the z targeting, so I never got the attack prompt.  It worked all the way until Ganon, and I couldn't beat him for the longest time.
After I learned about it, I've beaten the game at least 3 times already (Blockbusters).
This game will just ooze fun for me.

I'm curious, why didn't you use the Z target? A guy in the beginning teaches you to use it in the beginning of every zelda game.

#48 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Will wait for the inevitable newegg sale. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.â€â€” Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone†The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#49 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

I sadly missed the first so i'm buying this . :)

Me too, because I went for PS2 and not a GC back in the day, and when I got a Wii (all the back catalogue games on my list I never got through.) And then I did the silliest of things. I gave the Wii to my nephew and became an Xbox 360 gamer. 

So this time around, I'm there.

#50 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

As I made clear many different times, Wind Waker is my favorite game of all time, and I will definitely pick this up for any price. What I want to know is how the Triforce Quest will be changed. Paying Tingle to decipher the charts wasn't a problem, because the game gave plenty of places to earn a lot of money whether they be minigames or treasure charts. Sailing will no longer be an issue because it's faster. In my opinion, the issue was the fact that you just dug the piece up, so it wasn't engaging. In the Direct it showed Link finding it in a chest, but I couldn't tell if it was a place where you originally found a Triforce Chart or a new place all together. I would make it so you found and deciphered the charts to mini dungeons under the sea based on important locations from Ocarina of Time.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#51 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm curious, why didn't you use the Z target? A guy in the beginning teaches you to use it in the beginning of every zelda game.

It was the first zelda game I ever played, so I wouldn't know it is in every Zelda game, I never rented OoT or MM because I thought they looked lame.

I never bothered to use the z-target because I thought it was boring and I quickly forgot about it.  When you rent (or rented) games from blockbuster, it may not always be in stock, so it's easy to forget when you get back to the game.

#52 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

It's one of my favorite games ever, I've beaten it recently on my gfs Gamecube, but I still preordered it. Graphics look fantastic IMO.

#53 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

So I was thinking about it, and I have absolutely zero interest in Wind Waker HD. I like the Legend of Zelda(kind of) I've played all of the titles from N64 on excluding the ds versions,but I don't care about this game at all I played this game a couple of years ago and I still have my copy of it and I don't want to pay $40 for basically a really good texture pack and a hard mode I'm just curious to see how many people are going to buy this.

#54 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

I am definitely going to buy this for a couple of reasons

1) better resolution unlike 480i blurred graphic 

2) wide screen

3) better polished treasure hunting mission

4) I don't have GC version anymore and I love zelda games

#55 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

I am definitely going to buy this for a couple of reasons

1) better resolution unlike 480i blurred graphic 

2) wide screen

3) better polished treasure hunting mission

4) I don't have GC version anymore and I love zelda games

if you had the GC version would you still buy it, because gamers always complain about games like call of duty same game better graphics? 

#56 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

if you had the GC version would you still buy it, because gamers always complain about games like call of duty same game better graphics? 

I was never impressed with COD graphic so I don't know if people were buying COD for graphic. I never understood people buying COD every year and it's their fault for buying a bad game. 

I am an extremely picky gamer especially when it comes to graphic. I just can't play 4:3 screen ratio, or less than 720p resolution games anymore. 

However, I can't say that I prefer the art style of the new wind waker over the previous art style. This new version got too much blur effect which is my least favorite of all the graphical effects.

The blur effect doesn't really give sense of temperature. It only makes me want to puke. In my opinion, HD should always be clear and crisp color, not blurry.

Edited by JoonKimDMD, 12 August 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#57 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

I'm getting it because I love Zelda games and I never played the original

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#58 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

The blur effect doesn't really give sense of temperature. It only makes me want to puke. In my opinion, HD should always be clear and crisp color, not blurry.

The "Blur effect" is called a heat wave... It happens in real life...

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#59 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

I can always borrow the game from my brother. I suppose it depends on if Nintendo gives me a reason to. I have no problems at all with playing older games. Maybe if I find that the sailing really is THAT slow I'll consider.

Posted Image

#60 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

The "Blur effect" is called a heat wave... It happens in real life...

And we wear sun glasses because it hurts our eyes. If they replicate what's negative in our real life to the game, I can't say that I am going to be happy with such negative realism. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!