• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 JonWiiU

JonWiiU

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

I think Assassin's Creed 3 was done very well for the Wii U. It has the DLC, no gimmicky controls, online, and it had some features unique like the larger map and game pad play. What 3rd party game do you think was done the best so far?

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

I only played AC3 so I will say that... the gamepad wasn't used for anything I just used it to play the game on it :3

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 JonWiiU

JonWiiU

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

I only played AC3 so I will say that... the gamepad wasn't used for anything I just used it to play the game on it :3

And the larger map. That map was way better than the on-screen mini-map

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

And the larger map. That map was way better than the on-screen mini-map

True, even though I hardly looked at it... but the game was still uber fun, I still go around killing people every now and then even though I beat the game... XD

sfOI1m6.jpg

#5 JonWiiU

JonWiiU

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

True, even though I hardly looked at it... but the game was still uber fun, I still go around killing people every now and then even though I beat the game... XD

I'm not saying AC3 was fun I'm saying I think it was the best way a 3rd party multiplat has been done for a Wii U so far

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

I'm not saying AC3 was fun I'm saying I think it was the best way a 3rd party multiplat has been done for a Wii U so far

I dunno batman arkham city looks good, it incorperated the gamepad in so many ways...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#7 JonWiiU

JonWiiU

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

I dunno batman arkham city looks good, it incorperated the gamepad in so many ways...

Ya thats why I didn't really like it. They made it too gimmicky so the Wii U looked different than the other consoles and that might of strayed away other 3rd party games

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Ya thats why I didn't really like it. They made it too gimmicky so the Wii U looked different than the other consoles and that might of strayed away other 3rd party games

If they don't make it gimmicky, why would you buy the game on Wii U if you have PS3/xbox? They have to make it different to attract people.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

I don't think any 3rd party game has blown me away. They all have been missing something. Either you get DLC and then a 360 mirror port for graphics,or you get better graphics and no DLC. So I'm hopinh (and doubting) that Ubisofts knocks it out of the park with watchdogs. The console is more advanced than PS360 please treat it that way and don't give me something I know could be done on. A console that launched in 2005.

#10 JonWiiU

JonWiiU

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

If they don't make it gimmicky, why would you buy the game on Wii U if you have PS3/xbox? They have to make it different to attract people.

But they shouldn't make the multiplat games gimmicky. Exclusives are fine, they are even better gimmick. But you cant add too many gimmicks to a multiplat

#11 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

I think the use they gave to the gamepad on Batman: AC was pretty useful, to be honest changing equipment on screen required more steps than just simply selecting them with my finger on the gamepad.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#12 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

I found that Black Ops II  (despite the flaw of having no Wii U DLC), handled the GamePad exceedingly well. A full map, ScoreStreaks, objectives, etc.; it's useful, but not obtrusive or needed. 

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

I would say Darksiders 2 was the best third-party game at launch: it looked just as good as the other versions, if not better in some areas, had good use of the Gamepad such as instant weapon switching, and had all of the pre-order and dlc content included off the bat.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

But they shouldn't make the multiplat games gimmicky. Exclusives are fine, they are even better gimmick. But you cant add too many gimmicks to a multiplat

True.... they hardly have any exclusives....

sfOI1m6.jpg

#15 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

This + Sonic & sega allstar racing transformed are my votes for best wiiU port

#16 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

I didn't really like the AC3 port, i never really was fond of the Assasins creed games but this felt very....rushed. Frame rate could have been a lot better and the textures and quality of the animations were a little sloppy, also the texture/model swap was extremely obvious, more noticeable during the missions were you had to climb on board the English ships. I dont consider myself too fussy when it comes to graphics but this could have been a lot better, i would have preferred worse textures/models and a better framerate.

However for the port of Black Ops 2 i felt they did a tremendous job. It ran smoothly, it looked and sounded great and only suffered a few performance issues in some of the later cutscenes which weren't even playable anyway. After playing Nuketown at a friends house i didn't feel like i was missing out on anything but i did find the online community to be shockingly small. The most players i have seen online at once was about 1600, i wasn't able to get a match in zombies at all, i even find it a struggle to get a match in the regular multiplayer. But other than that it was a very good port and i would recommend it to anyone who is into FPS's.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#17 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

Does anyone ever use the 3D features of Assasin's Creed 3 on wii u? It appears to be the only wii u game that supports 3D televisions and also anaglyph 3D for all tv's and the gamepad but you rarely see it mentioned anywhere.

Watchdogs is from the same developer and hopefully they have learned a bit more about the wii u now to push it a bit further.

The fact Ubisoft made the effort to make AC3 the full version on wii u does them great credit I think and I'm hopeful they will do a as good a version of Watchdogs as possible.

Black Ops 2 was 880x720 on wii u, the same sub 720p resolution as 360 and PS3. Sonic transformed is even lower resolution on wii u than 360/PS3, something like 640p.

I'm not sure which port to wii u stands out as completely uncompromised with no missing features. Even Need for Speed Most Wanted has less online players than 360 and PS3 and some graphic features are weaker on wii u, despite the textures being superior. The important thing is the game plays better on ps3 (maybe 360 too) due to analogue triggers.

Lets hope the next round of wii u multiformat games squeeze a little more out of the console. Surely Watchdogs on wii u will beat the 360 and PS3 at least because the gamepad should be absolutely brilliant for such a game.

#18 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

The textures issues in AC 3 are also present in the PS3/360 version. AC 3 is one of the worst games in the series and I'm afraid Ubisoft is 'milking' the series too far, without taking care into not losing its quality.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#19 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

This + Sonic & sega allstar racing transformed are my votes for best wiiU port

Cool :D I never played those though, I played AC3... I thought it was pretty good even though it glitched and stuff but I thought the glitches were fun... once a wolf made me stuck in a tree....

sfOI1m6.jpg

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

I loved ACIII almost all of it, apart from Connor, oh how dull, dude sends me to sleep, I hope Edward from ACIV is more lively.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ac3, 3rd party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!