• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

im guessing upscaled to 1080p, if not native 1080p, can someone read japenese to get the whole back, there is a 720p comment in there.

#22 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

For me, they could sell it at 480p and I'd still play it.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#23 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

I've already seen some footage of the japanese version on YouTube and I'm unpleasantly surprised by the low quality of some textures the game has - I just kind of expected it to be a next-gen title in terms of graphics because the world of Pikmin is really beautiful and it's a shame that the full capabilities of Wii U aren't drained. But the game is less than 4 GB so it's not that hard to imagine why's that.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

I've already seen some footage of the japanese version on YouTube and I'm unpleasantly surprised by the low quality of some textures the game has - I just kind of expected it to be a next-gen title in terms of graphics because the world of Pikmin is really beautiful and it's a shame that the full capabilities of Wii U aren't drained. But the game is less than 4 GB so it's not that hard to imagine why's that.

LOL... you have watched the game on YOUTUBE? Don't judge by youtube compression. If you have a chance, visit a local best buy or store where they have a trailer or demo running. I checked it out at Best Buy on Thursday and was impressed by how great it looked. Seeing it in person is a must.

Edited by Sorceror12, 14 July 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

How do you say 1080p in Japanese? Anyone?

"Ten-ate-e-in-Japanese-an-eeze".

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#26 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

YouTube is never a good representation of graphical or video quality.

#27 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

You misunderstood my post, I was talking about the quality of the textures in particular, for example take a look at the grass and at the stone pattern in each stage. It's not that bad but it probably could have been a lot better.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#28 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

why is everyone surprised by this being 1080p ?

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

You misunderstood my post, I was talking about the quality of the textures in particular, for example take a look at the grass and at the stone pattern in each stage. It's not that bad but it probably could have been a lot better.

The game is an rts, and as such, features a birds eye view of the game, far enough away so you can see hundreds of pikmin and enemies, which means 99% of the time the camera is very very far away from those specific textures, Which is why they just dont care about those textures.

They added a double focus bokeh to conceal the low res textures under extreme close ups. And that really tells the whole story.

Thats far more hardware demanding than simply redrawing a sharper texture, but redrawing the texture takes time and human resources, which they simply arent willing to invest at this point, theyd rather waste spare power.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

YouTube and video in general of game always look like crap.

I've seen a 1080p of a game and then brought that game. It looks 10x better on my tv then the video on my laptop. 

Now my laptop does has a good screen but still it's best to see the graphics on the manchine and tv it will be play on.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#31 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

I wonder what it means with the white and purple pikmin.

Didn't see any replies to this yet.

The White and Purple Pikmin are separated from the rest because they aren't playable in the main game. They still exist in the Multiplayer modes, but in the main story they do not. Kind of sucks, to be honest. Love a challenge, but I'd be lying if I told you that I'm happy with losing the crutch that is Purple Pikmin. Made things way less stressful with their stun. Everything will be fine if the AI is better and doesn't decide that running in the direction opposite of what you're commanding is a good idea... Otherwise, I foresee much annoyance against even small enemies.

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Didn't see any replies to this yet.

The White and Purple Pikmin are separated from the rest because they aren't playable in the main game. They still exist in the Multiplayer modes, but in the main story they do not. Kind of sucks, to be honest. Love a challenge, but I'd be lying if I told you that I'm happy with losing the crutch that is Purple Pikmin. Made things way less stressful with their stun. Everything will be fine if the AI is better and doesn't decide that running in the direction opposite of what you're commanding is a good idea... Otherwise, I foresee much annoyance against even small enemies.

I dont recall ever having that problem with pikmin ai going the opposite direction of what im pushing on the c stick. It was 100% flawless.

Did you play it on the wii? I never did, how did they handle c stick duties with the wii? Or did they even implement it? I couldnt imagine playing pikmin without direct analog control of my adorable army.

Anyways.... Rock pikmin appear to stun enemies with a crack to the noggin a la purple pikmin.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I dont recall ever having that problem with pikmin ai going the opposite direction of what im pushing on the c stick. It was 100% flawless.

Did you play it on the wii? I never did, how did they handle c stick duties with the wii? Or did they even implement it? I couldnt imagine playing pikmin without direct analog control of my adorable army.

Anyways.... Rock pikmin appear to stun enemies with a crack to the noggin a la purple pikmin.

Huh. Either my C-Stick is borked, or it's just a side-effect of me constantly moving the camera. Actually, upon saying that, the latter is likely exactly why it seems to only be an issue when I play. Too used to online games where the camera should be moving, checking surroundings at all times.

I'm referring to the Gamecube version. As such, I can't really say how the Wii worked out... Kinda' curious about that myself now, because everyone is saying Pikmin 3 is better with the WiiMote+Nunchuck combo. 

And that's good. I've gone on a media blackout of sorts for the game at this point, so I've not watched any gameplay past what Nintendo Directs/Commercials show. Which is really quite difficult whenever you've come across two different people streaming the game. ;-;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!