Photo

Japan: Wife cuts up and throws out husband’s anime collection, he demands a divo

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

A point of contention between them was him spending money on cartoons that should go toward obligations.
No doubt they both need to work on communicating. But going by his locking himself in a room (what kind of man does that...) and spending so much money on cartoons, it's obvious he has a problem. Nothing wrong with hobbies. But when those things (video games included) impact your family in a negative way, you need to either find a way to balance things or possibly say goodbye to that entertainment which is controlling your life. This man had an addiction. Also curious as to what kind of anime it was exactly. There is some bad stuff out there. And his wife may have been (rightfully) offended by the content.

You are a blessed man.

Some girls are into it. some aren't.

Except that, you know, he wasn't spending obligation money on anime, he was spending it on drink bottles. It's never actually implied in the article that he had any sort of addiction to the medium aside from his tantrum, which could have very well been a response to her action, rather than the lose of the collection (although, it probably was a response to losing the collection...)

Did you even read the article, or did you just look at the title of the thread?

Edited by Molester Man, 17 July 2013 - 07:29 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#22 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

Wait. Did you leave out a word or do you actually mean they shouldn't like what you like?

Sorry.. I was tired. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#23 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

A point of contention between them was him spending money on cartoons that should go toward obligations.
No doubt they both need to work on communicating. But going by his locking himself in a room (what kind of man does that...) and spending so much money on cartoons, it's obvious he has a problem. Nothing wrong with hobbies. But when those things (video games included) impact your family in a negative way, you need to either find a way to balance things or possibly say goodbye to that entertainment which is controlling your life. This man had an addiction. Also curious as to what kind of anime it was exactly. There is some bad stuff out there. And his wife may have been (rightfully) offended by the content.

You are a blessed man.

Some girls are into it. some aren't.

Yeah he makes all the money and there was no indication that he was spending too much to pay for his obligations. He even got his wife's parents(not his own parents his wife's.) on his side. Obviously they knew more about the situation than you do. Also "what kind of man does that..." I'm sure a lot would do that. Would it be better to start yelling or drive off somewhere to drink because I doubt most would want to be around their wife after they did that. So I ask you again. What would you do? I would find it very hard to believe you'd just sit there. Now keep in mind this is also after she stopped fulfilling her own obligations.

Edited by Symbol, 17 July 2013 - 07:08 AM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#24 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yeah he makes all the money and there was no indication that he was spending too much to pay for his obligations. He even got his wife's parents(not his own parents his wife's.) on his side. Obviously they knew more about the situation than you do. Also "what kind of man does that..." I'm sure a lot would do that. Would it be better to start yelling or drive off somewhere to drink because I doubt most would want to be around their wife after they did that. So I ask you again. What would you do? I would find it very hard to believe you'd just sit there. Now keep in mind this is also after she stopped fulfilling her own obligations.

Somehow I doubt "a lot" of men would lock themselves in their room to pout over the loss of cartoons via a wife tossing them.

#25 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Somehow I doubt "a lot" of men would lock themselves in their room to pout over the loss of cartoons via a wife tossing them.

You still haven't told me what you would have done if your wife threw out all your games.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#26 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

You still haven't told me what you would have done if your wife threw out all your games.

A conversation would be in order.  Starting with me LISTENING to my wife telling me what got her that upset to begin with. Especially if she is not known for irrational outbursts.  She may have something that is legitimate against me.

that conversation would be followed by me trying to understand her (if there is indeed merit to what she is saying).

Depending on the results of that conversation, I would either:

a) Apologize and try to work on things.

or

B) Ask her to understand me and possibly give me some slack, especially if it isn't anything bad and/or obsessive.

#27 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

A conversation would be in order.  Starting with me LISTENING to my wife telling me what got her that upset to begin with. Especially if she is not known for irrational outbursts.  She may have something that is legitimate against me.

that conversation would be followed by me trying to understand her (if there is indeed merit to what she is saying).

Depending on the results of that conversation, I would either:

a) Apologize and try to work on things.

or

B) Ask her to understand me and possibly give me some slack, especially if it isn't

Oh you're full of crap. That's ok though.

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Oh you're full of crap. That's ok though.

LOL. I'm being serious.

But I had a good laugh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!