Photo

Japan: Wife cuts up and throws out husband’s anime collection, he demands a divo

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Earlier this month, a troubled housewife took to Yomiuri Online (the right-of-center, national newspaper’s website) looking for advice on her marital relationship. Posting as “Maki” on Hatsugen Komachi, Yomiuri Online’s public forum targeted at women, the housewife explained her situation and asked for feedback.

In her post, Maki explained that she’s a housewife in her late thirties, with a husband three years older and an 11-year-old son. According to the story, her husband kept coming home with boxes of drink bottles. When she asked why, her husband explained that he was collecting them as part of a campaign the convenience store was having. Looking at the total number, she saw over 10,000 yen (US$100.60) worth of bottles! Getting angry at his loose use of money, Mika told him to use his own savings for daily expenses and then refused to do any housework or cooking.

However, the next month, Mika’s husband changed the bank account his company deposited money into and grabbed the family bankbook (a notebook used to record all transactions at the bank which also serves as a kind of ATM card) for himself. From then on, he declared, he’d be in charge of the family’s money. Mika was upset, but her husband pointed out that she’d abandoned her housework and then got her parents on his side, forcing her to give in.

After putting up with the situation for a while, Mika finally decided that she’d had enough and, while her husband was out, tossed all of his anime goods and Blu-rays. Upon discovering what his wife had done, the husband rushed to the garbage collection area to gather up his prized possessions—only to discover that she’d done more than toss it all. It seems that Maki had expected this and cut everything up with scissors.

Furious, Maki’s husband locked himself in his room and refused to come out.
 Here, Maki includes the comment: “In commemoration of his graduating out of such a childish and embarrassing hobby, I’d prepared a grand meal for him. But no matter how many times I called for him, I couldn’t get him to leave his room.” The next morning, her husband appeared and told her, “We’re getting divorced. I want you to leave right away.” He added that he would keep their son. Finally, Mika ends her post saying “I don’t want to get divorced. The problem is his hobby, so I don’t see why I’m being chased out.”

http://en.rocketnews...ands-a-divorce/

Sounds like an amazing couple. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

He should take it like a man and just use the internet like the rest of us.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

How is it a problem? Let the man collect what he wants! Don't rip it up! Doesn't that woman know that those are gonna be worth millions one day? dumb b*tch.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Wow that woman is pretty effed up. I wonder how she would feel if he threw out all her aprons and pots and pans.

People need to respect what others enjoy as hobbies.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#5 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

just wow......well it seems that the mental asylums around the world can never rest for another potential patient awaits.  That woman is missing a few screws and possibly the frontal lobe in her brains.

but then again the man more than likely has equal amount of mental issues himself and the whole thing probably isn't just about anime collections.  Like most tragedies its probably about money issues from both parties and they are both at fault.

Guess marriages in Japan are just as lukewarm (tepid) as anywhere else in the world.  Talking things through probably didn't occur to them but then again both of them seem pretty damn immature.

Edited by XxNightfallxX, 15 July 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#6 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

POPULAR

This would make a great plot for an anime.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#7 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Honestly? He makes all the money in the house so why can't he spend it on what he wants? Nothing in there suggests that they were strapped for cash just that he was spending a lot. Meh. It's not my business mayhaps there was more to it.

How is it a problem? Let the man collect what he wants! Don't rip it up! Doesn't that woman know that those are gonna be worth millions one day? dumb b*tch.

Maybe one day but they'd both probably be dead by the time that happened.

Edited by Symbol, 15 July 2013 - 08:54 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#8 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

It seriously sounds like a scene from an anime I can't remember what it was.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#9 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

Moral of the story:

A wife is more important than cartoons.

Dude needs to grow up and get responsible.

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

Moral of the story:

I agree.

#11 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

Moral of the story:

Or is it that cartoons are more important than a wife?

Probably not...

Bring the noise.

#12 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Honestly? He makes all the money in the house so why can't he spend it on what he wants? Nothing in there suggests that they were strapped for cash just that he was spending a lot. Meh. It's not my business mayhaps there was more to it.

Maybe one day but they'd both probably be dead by the time that happened.

Toss it down to their grandchildern XD

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Or is it that cartoons are more important than a wife?

Probably not...

If you're not careful, you'll probably become a real monk. But not a happy one. Lol.

#14 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Moral of the story:

I don't want a wife who's willing to throw out my cartoons. =/

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

To be honest, if your wife is willing to support/like what you like, she wouldn't be a wife. This goes exactly the same for men.  

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#16 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

To be honest, if your wife is willing to support/like what you like, she wouldn't be a wife. This goes exactly the same for men.  

Wait. Did you leave out a word or do you actually mean they shouldn't like what you like?

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

I don't want a wife who's willing to throw out my cartoons. =/

And she wouldn't want a husband who misses his responsibilities to buy cartoons.

The guy locked himself in his room for crying out loud...

Some people shouldn't get married.

Either that, or they should grow up and balance entertainment with responsibility.

#18 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

And she wouldn't want a husband who misses his responsibilities to buy cartoons.

The guy locked himself in his room for crying out loud...

Some people shouldn't get married.

Either that, or they should grow up and balance entertainment with responsibility.

Irresponsible? Really? Are the bills not being paid because he locked himself in his room for a few hours? Ok so how about you pretend you're him for a minute but instead of anime it's video games. If your wife threw out all your video games,(that's hundreds or thousands of dollars and years worth of games thrown out possibly collected since you were a kid) while you were out(probably working to provide for the family) and then offered you a meal as a reward for graduating from such a childish embarrassing hobby you would just happily accept?

Edited by Symbol, 16 July 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

Irresponsible? Really? Are the bills not being paid because he locked himself in his room for a few hours? Ok so how about you pretend you're him for a minute but instead of anime it's video games. If your wife threw out all your video games,(that's hundreds or thousands of dollars and years worth of games thrown out possibly collected since you were a kid) while you were out(probably working to provide for the family) and then offered you a meal as a reward for graduating from such a childish embarrassing hobby you would just happily accept?

Ahhhhh see now you get it ^^^1,000,000% THIS^^^ I guess I'm just lucky my fiancee loves all the things I do, even Anime.

#20 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:30 AM

A point of contention between them was him spending money on cartoons that should go toward obligations.
No doubt they both need to work on communicating. But going by his locking himself in a room (what kind of man does that...) and spending so much money on cartoons, it's obvious he has a problem. Nothing wrong with hobbies. But when those things (video games included) impact your family in a negative way, you need to either find a way to balance things or possibly say goodbye to that entertainment which is controlling your life. This man had an addiction. Also curious as to what kind of anime it was exactly. There is some bad stuff out there. And his wife may have been (rightfully) offended by the content.

Ahhhhh see now you get it ^^^1,000,000% THIS^^^ I guess I'm just lucky my fiancee loves all the things I do, even Anime.

You are a blessed man.

Some girls are into it. some aren't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!