Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

http://www.dualshock...anese-retailer/

Nintendo is counting a lot on Pikmin 3 to drive the sales of the Wii U, and one day before the release of the Media Create software and hardware charts there are already signals of some degree of success.

The major japanese retailer and rental chain Tsutaya released its own weekly charts and Pikmin 3 is indeed at the top, followed by Level 5′s Youkai Watch, Earth Defense Force 4 and the two version of Toukiden (the PS Vita version is 4th and the PSP version is 5th).

According to Taketo Matsuo, Tsutaya’s Director of  the Game Rental Planning Group, strong sales of the game are also moving units of the console (as reported by ManTanWeb).

"Pikmin 3, that came out nine years after Pikmin 2, is having a really good start. Sales at Tsutaya are comparable to the release of Super Mario Bros U and have driven greater sales of  Wii U units."

The fact that he used Super Mario Bros U as a term of comparisons helps us put the statement in perspective: during its first week of sale in Japan Mario’s latest platformer moved 163,528 units, which is a very respectable amount, even if it was completely beaten by Yakuza 5 (that sold 356,757 copies). Of course that was the release week of the Wii U in Japan, so the installed base was still very small.

Tomorrow we’ll get last week’s Media Create sales charts and we’ll be able to see just how much Pikmin 3 helped the Wii U in the archipelago of the rising sun.

Edited by VGCrasher, 16 July 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm thinking 200,000 units for Pikmin 3 and 20,000 units for the Wii U.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'm thinking 250k overall sales by the end of this week. Maybe 20k-30k systems. Anyone got sales data for NPC! Pikmn and Pikmin 2? That would help figure out a good number.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Wow I thought Japan doesn't care about it. Now all we need is to tripple the ammount of sales in the U.S.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Great news! Now it just needs to do well in NA and Europe and we're off to a great fall/winter season for the Wii U  :)

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

we can only hope

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Well this is awsome news, I already expected this though to be honest, I mean Pikmin has alot of fans and it's been more or less dead for a decade so. I think they should do a Pikmin 3 Wii U Premium Console bundle for the people who didn't get a Wii U because they were waiting for this game.

#8 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

Woah! Pikmin 3 is #1 on the Japanese game software charts and the Wii U is #2 on the hardware charts! 

Source

This is awesome news!

Edited by magiciandude, 17 July 2013 - 07:12 AM.

• Doc likes this

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#9 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:04 AM.

#10 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Considering this is the first new release in months for the wiiu, why are people supprised?

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

POPULAR

Considering this is the first new release in months for the wiiu, why are people supprised?

No disrespect but your posts are always negative and even when someone posts something positive like in this thread you turn it into a negative. If you're that disappointed in the Wii U why don't you just sell it and why are you posting here especially all your negative comments.

#12 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

No disrespect but your posts are always negative and even when someone posts something positive like in this thread you turn it into a negative. If you're that disappointed in the Wii U why don't you just sell it and why are you posting here especially all your negative comments.

its not negative, i'm just wondering why people are surprised, it's like saying that people are surprised when GTA5 is top of the charts later this year.

#13 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Could have done better if Nintendo made a special bundle.

#14 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

It's called trolling.  Some people get off by putting down Nintendo consoles. They spend more time on Nintendo sites than Sony/MS sites as they can't stand to have anybody like Nintendo systems.  Maybe it's all the butt-hurt on how Nintendo has kicked Sony's ass on the handheld front 2 generations in a row!!!

#15 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

Woah! Pikmin 3 is #1 on the Japanese game software charts and the Wii U is #2 on the hardware charts! 

Source

This is awesome news!

Pikmin was released on the 13th and these sales only count to the 14th.

Am I reading something wrong or does that mean Pikmin sold 90k+ copies in 2 days?

Also, it almost tripled hardware sales in that same amount of time?

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Pikmin was released on the 13th and these sales only count to the 14th.

Am I reading something wrong or does that mean Pikmin sold 90k+ copies in 2 days?

Also, it almost tripled hardware sales in that same amount of time?

It sold that in 2 days. Actually, there`s another tracker saying it`s above 100k. Famitsu i guess.

#17 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Well, the charts only tracked the games until July 14 as per the normal schedule so the sales seen are just the result of 2 days since Pikmin was released July 13. Let's see the sales this week.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#18 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Source

This is awesome news!

Which is only beaten by Nintendo's 3DS XL! :)

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#19 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Don't have a huge amount of interest in the game.... Might eventually get it.  I am glad to see it doing well for Nintendo's sake.

#20 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

It's called trolling.  Some people get off by putting down Nintendo consoles. They spend more time on Nintendo sites than Sony/MS sites as they can't stand to have anybody like Nintendo systems.  Maybe it's all the butt-hurt on how Nintendo has kicked Sony's ass on the handheld front 2 generations in a row!!!

I wouldn't really call it trolling or negative. I saw it as a genuine and sensible question.

Anyway this is certainly good news, I'm just curious to see wii u console sales keep up in the coming weeks.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!