Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

http://mynintendonew...h-original-wii/

“I felt like I wanted to go to HD sooner.
Even for the Wii, no matter how much it made the system cost, it would have been great if it were HD in the first place.  However, it was going to take some time for HD televisions to become common and we felt that until that point was reached, there would have been no point for Wii to be HD.
From our point of view, once the subsequent generation to Wii came around, HD televisions would be more common and we felt it would be time to make our games in HD then.  However, HD became more common about 2 to 3 years earlier than we had anticipated.  A main part of that was that the prices for HD televisions manufactured overseas had gone down at an unthinkable pace.
So, as a result, while we were right in the middle of selling the Wii, the TVs in people’s living rooms (in Japan) were slowly becoming HD sets.  Overseas especially people had never so rapidly and drastically changed their hardware to the newest technology but in America as well HD TVs became standard little by little.”
I kinda wishe they've gone HD with the Wii as well, at least then people wouldn't think the Wii U is weaker than the PS360.

#2 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Lol I really don't care about HD. I'd still buy the Wii U if it was 480p. 

/gets shot for unpopular opinion/

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#3 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

It probably would've helped in the long run if the wii was hd. Nintendo would have more knowledge in making hd games, so than we might of gotten some more games that pushed the system's capabilities at the wii u launch. No reason to dwell on what could've been though, it's better to focus on what can be.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#4 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

HD would have been nice, but what we needed more was power. You can upscale the wii to HD and you won't find a difference of how far you can see, the graphical power or the lighting effects.

794144.png?13383682

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Lol I really don't care about HD. I'd still buy the Wii U if it was 480p. 

/gets shot for unpopular opinion/

That pretty would of sealed the deal for Nintendo's death. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

That pretty would of sealed the deal for Nintendo's death. 

Well I'm not implying that the Wii U shouldn't have HD, HD is good. I'm just saying I wouldn't mind without it. Plus I'm glad the Wii U has HD, the younger generation apparently can't play games that aren't HD.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#7 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

We've gotten so complacent ever since HD became a common thing that we can't even enjoy good entertainment content if it's not in HD and imo that's a bit ridiculous. I'm just sorry for those who refuse to play all these great games on the Wii just because they're not in HD.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#8 Hikaruchu

Hikaruchu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

I kinda wish the Wii had been HD, not because I have a specific issue with non HD games, but because it would have let nintendo learn HD alongside everyone else.

Nintendo would have had PS3 launch titles at first, but they would get better graphics as time passed. 

This would have prevented Nintendo from scrambling to learn 3 years of HD in a short time now.

Posted ImageMy mii QR code.

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Oh, that's a tricky one. If Nintendo had gone HD earlier then it would have costed too much (because motion control), but when they didn't go HD they missed out on a big audience later in the Wii's lifetime. They really couldn't win, could they?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

I wish the Wii had been a bit more powerful full stop, that's the reason I skipped it, glad I did though, I love my Wii U now though :D

#11 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

I wish the Wii had been a bit more powerful full stop, that's the reason I skipped it, glad I did though, I love my Wii U now though :D

You skipped the Wii? How did you survive knowing you were missing out on exclusives like Smash Bros and Zelda?

Please tell me you've gone back and bought a bunch of them for your Wii U...

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#12 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

Having HD on Wii would've been more worse. More power would be better.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#13 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

maybe they wouldn't of been in the mess they are with the WiiU if they had gone HD before.

i still think it is a none excuse, just makes Nintendo look like idiots coming out saying they found the transition difficult, other devs went HD years ago.

Edited by alan666, 21 July 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#14 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

You skipped the Wii? How did you survive knowing you were missing out on exclusives like Smash Bros and Zelda?

I skipped the Wii too but now I'm redeeming myself and playing all those exclusives I missed... and hitting myself for being such a fool.

maybe they wouldn't of been in the mess they are with the WiiU if they had gone HD before.

i still think it is a none excuse, just makes Nintendo look like idiots coming out saying they found the transition difficult, other devs went HD years ago.

Everyone says that like the other devs didn't have problems too when consoles transitioned to HD a few years ago.

Are we really forgetting what the first couple of years were for the Xbox 360 and PS3?

#15 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

I skipped the Wii too but now I'm redeeming myself and playing all those exclusives I missed... and hitting myself for being such a fool.

Everyone says that like the other devs didn't have problems too when consoles transitioned to HD a few years ago.

Are we really forgetting what the first couple of years were for the Xbox 360 and PS3?

So why weren't Nintendo working on HD years ago to, they knew the next Nintendo console was going to be HD, they have no excuse at all, in fact it is indefensible. 

#16 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

So why weren't Nintendo working on HD years ago to, they knew the next Nintendo console was going to be HD, they have no excuse at all, in fact it is indefensible. 

They thought HDTV's weren't widespread enough to make it worth going HD, it's an honest mistake, no one predicted how quickly HDTV's lowered in price.

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

They had a choice. Motion control or HD. They didn't have enough money for both. Considering what happened, they made the right choice.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, I'm going back and getting all of the awesome games I missed :D it was just the hardware I didn't like :D

#19 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Everyone who's not happy about Wii Games not being in HD can play them on Dolphin (in case they already own the game, otherwise it's a piracy). Most of them look stunningly beautiful, especially the Mario Galaxy Games. You need a really powerful PC though.

Edited by TriplePower, 23 July 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Nintendo made a BIG mistake not making Wii HD... not so much HD but it should of had more power and up to date architecture so it could get ps360 ports. They have to understand the world moves faster than they think...especially the western world. i know they are a japanese company but they have to think about western gamers and what "WE" want. i can only hope nintendo starts learning from their mistakes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!