Photo

The earliest you see Nintendo announcing a new console?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

With things going as bad as they are for Nintendo right now, when do you think they will announce a new console? Really hope that the Wii U will pick up traction, but you never know. Worst case scenario for Nintendo I could see a 2015 release of a new console(without the Wii name attached to it.) 

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Doubt this will happen. See if the Wii U picks up momentum, then we should speculate.

#3 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

Not saying it will happen. Just your guys predictions.

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Is their a rule against calling people stupid on this forum? Because we have a guy here thinking they will release a new console in 2015 because the Wii U sold up to 3.5 million in march...

Answer me this, how in the world will a new console solve the problem? The Wii U isn't even the problem here, it's the games and Nintendo's image.

Edited by Chrop, 20 July 2013 - 12:05 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Is their a rule against calling people stupid on this forum? Because we have a guy here thinking they will release a new console in 2015 because the Wii U sold up to 3.5 million in march...

there*

th_Kappa.jpg

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#6 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm not normally allowed to share this type of information, but I can give you the date we'll announce it.

Spoiler

#7 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

You act like 3.5 million is flying off the shelves.

Even Iwata admits it's selling like crap

http://www.gamespot....u-sales-6410425

Edited by thechamp80, 20 July 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#8 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Seeing how Sony and MS future proof the PS4 and XBone to last 10 years, i think Nintendo should release a new console in 2018 in order to competed graphic wise.

#9 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

You act like 3.5 million is flying off the shelves.

Even Iwata admits it's selling like crap

http://www.gamespot....u-sales-6410425

3.5 million in march of a console that had about 2 meh games! For a console that has about 2 games, that IS FLYING OF THE SHELVES! Imagine the sales when there are games for it! Gezuz everyone acts like this is the end of Nintendo or something, it sold more than the PS3 did back in their launch.

there*

th_Kappa.jpg

*Clap* You win.

Edited by Chrop, 20 July 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#10 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

2017 or 2018, unless this generation ends up as long as last gen.

Nintendo is fine and aren't going to drop the Wii U because of its slow sales. It'll sell like hotcakes once the games come out.

#11 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

(this post wasn't suppose to have been created, delete please).

Edited by Chrop, 20 July 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#12 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

3.5 million in march of a console that had about 2 meh games! For a console that has about 2 games, that IS FLYING OF THE SHELVES! Imagine the sales when there are games for it! Gezuz everyone acts like this is the end of Nintendo or something, it sold more than the PS3 did back in their launch.

*Clap* You win.

Wii U did not sell 3.5 million units in March. It sold 3.5 million units from it's launch in November to March. IDK what you're talking about buddy.

#13 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

Wii U did not sell 3.5 million units in March. It sold 3.5 million units from it's launch in November to March. IDK what you're talking about buddy.

I never specified march only, and it was completely obvious I was talking about units in total, how brain dead are you to not understand that? Simple social understanding... wake up man...

Also you didn't really disagree with me there, I think I win. Unless you have a objection.

Edited by Chrop, 20 July 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#14 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I think they will announce one 2016 if things go bad (hopefully not). In reality, I think it'll be around 2017.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#15 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I never specified march only, and it was completely obvious I was talking about units in total, how brain dead are you to not understand that? Simple social understanding... wake up man...

Also you didn't really disagree with me there, I think I win. Unless you have a objection.

Well, you sounded pretty excited for the Wii U selling 3.5 million in 6 months. Can't believe you were serious. 

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

They will call it the Wii Mii

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#17 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Tomorrow. 

#18 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Well, you sounded pretty excited for the Wii U selling 3.5 million in 6 months. Can't believe you were serious. 

I can't believe you think the Wii U will die this year, when the games have bearly started to come out, like i said, a console with 2 meh games has sold 3.5 million world wide. 2 MEH GAMES (in my opinion) soon we are getting Pikmin 3 (which has already sold a Lot of consoles itself in Japan), Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, DKCTB, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario World, Wii U Party, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros U etc. The sales are Obviously going to rise, if you honestly think the console will die this year (Nintendo would need to start creating a new console now to release it by 2015) forcing Nintendo to create a new console then you are Delirious from all the "Nintendo's dead" *News*. 

Edited by Chrop, 20 July 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#19 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

A day before Mario Kart 8 releases. Then they'll be like, "Hey, we really messed up with the Wii U; we know it's not the console any of you want. So, in place of it, we'll be releasing the... *drumroll* BlackBox 480! Instead of Mario Kart 8, we'll be releasing Generic Brown and Gray WWII FPS 2!!! Along with all the amazing third party titles from your favorite developers, like EA! Some of those titles include: Generic Brown and Gray WWII FPS 1, Boring Soccer Simulator 11 and Rock Band Clone 14!

Oh man, the BlackBox is just the console I've been waiting for... I mean, it's those types of games I bought the Wii U for. I can't believe they messed up so badly.

EDIT: In case anybody failed to notice, I was being sarcastic. I don't know how you could fail to notice, though. xD

Edited by MatrixChicken, 20 July 2013 - 01:22 PM.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#20 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

Who exactly would buy a new Nintendo console in two years time ? 

People already know the WiiU is having problems, so releasing another console three years after the WiiUs release will cause two things to happen, first is that all the people who have spent £300 on a WiiU will not be happy about what Nintendo have done & will kill off any support they have left & secondly the rest of the gaming world will point at Nintendo & laugh !

It would be suicidal for Nintendo to release another console for at least five years after the WiiU launch, so thats 2017 at the earliest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!