BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

I know some people here will say third-party devs will come around once Wii U sales pickup but i don't think that's going to be the case, Most developers, despite what everything that games like NFS:MW, Bayo 2, Pikmin 3, X and Mario Kart 8 has shown, still believe the Wii U can barely handle current gen games. Unless Nintendo talks with devs about how to get the most out of the Wii U's power, i don't see third-party support being any better than it is now regardless of sales.

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Well, sales helped the 3DS. Developers flocked back when the sales picked up.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

It must suck being Michael Pachter's protégé.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

I dunno, I think he's right because the Wii had the most sales out of the 3 in the 7th Generations, and it still didn't have the 3rd party support that PS3 and Xbox 360 got.I

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

It probably will get support I mean it's obvious that sales affected a product that most 3rd party companys want it to succeed; 3ds is a great example of this.

#6 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

The 3DS doesn't have the Xbone and PS4 as competition, you know, those two console that currently have a smaller install base than the Wii U that devs are announcing game for by the day. If developers are excited for the Xbone(which will likely sell like sh!t) but more skeptical about the Wii U(which will no doubt gain sales this holiday) what makes you think third-party support will get better?

#7 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

I agree with big bowsy. Sales increase will bring in some devs but, some developers wont stop being biased and other developers could just care less about the Wii U.

Edited by Koopaman the Dovahkiin, 20 July 2013 - 05:17 PM.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#8 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

I dunno, I think he's right because the Wii had the most sales out of the 3 in the 7th Generations, and it still didn't have the 3rd party support that PS3 and Xbox 360 got.I

The Wii wasn't powerful enough to run PS360 games, however the powergap between the Wii U and PS4 is almost the same as PS2 to Xbox, the problems is that most third-party developers doesn't realize this.

Edited by big bowsy, 20 July 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

What?
Name a third party 3DS game that's sold anything near a million.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

What?
Name a third party 3DS game that's sold anything near a million.

Resident Evil Revelations

Monster Hunter Tri 

Street Fighter IV 

Tales of The Abyss

etc, there's more, but you get the point. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Resident Evil Revelations
Monster Hunter Tri 
Street Fighter IV 
Tales of The Abyss

etc, there's more, but you get the point.

rer, sf4, tales were all confirmed at the e3 announcement about 2 years before the handheld was released.
Monster hunter 3 is a port.

The sales have had no effect on the 3ds' third party support so far, Nintendo hinted at big third party games for christmas and next year though.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

The sad part is that even the so called "doomed" XBONE is getting more third-party support than the Wii U.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#13 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

I really don't care at this point, 3rd party devs are focusing more on power and hardware next year, games that are coming to PS4 and Xbox 1, are not coming to Wii U, look at the multiplats for Wii U, now the Ps4, PS4's looks next gen while the Wii U looks more current gen than anything, their 1st parties are the only next gen for the Wii U. I know everybody hates the Xbox One because of their bull features, their hardware isn't ignored or underpowered.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#14 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

If developers don't support Wii U, especially after the huge install base and the fail of XBONE .... then i will forever stop following the gaming media for good, for ignoring an amazing console with good hardware.

Signature_Fox.png

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

look at the multiplats for Wii U, now the Ps4, PS4's looks next gen while the Wii U looks more current gen than anything

?
What games have they shown running on ps4 and wii u?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Yeah it won't for some I can bet they have another excuse waiting (probably spec related) as to why there games won't come after sales pick up.

#17 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

I know some people here will say third-party devs will come around once Wii U sales pickup but i don't think that's going to be the case, Most developers, despite what everything that games like NFS:MW, Bayo 2, Pikmin 3, X and Mario Kart 8 has shown, still believe the Wii U can barely handle current gen games. Unless Nintendo talks with devs about how to get the most out of the Wii U's power, i don't see third-party support being any better than it is now regardless of sales.

i agree.

#18 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Nintendo has always had issues with third-party devs supporting their home consoles since the GC days. I agree, even if the sales pick up, most devs still won't bother supporting it, either because the architecture is different and they think it's weaker/more difficult to develop for, or because they're too lazy to integrate gamepad/motion controls on their games or simply because, let's admit, the industry is incredibly biased at this point and most look down at Nintendo as worthy competitor in the home console field.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#19 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

"""""""""""""""""""""""it-has - nothing-to-do -with -sales!!!!!!!!""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

it is a dieing indsutry alll BUTT HURT at the SUPERIOR GUY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thres even books writen about this and it has been a USA COMPUTE INDSUTRY ISSUE FROM THE MID 1980S

nintendo hate isnt new stop the i was born out of a egg YESTERDAY act its embarasing THIS ZHIT has been going on for 30 years PLEASE WAKE UP

il let you in on a little secret MR INDUSTRY DOESNT WANT YOU TO KNOW THRE IS A 80% DROP IN HIGH END AAA STORY ACTION TYPE GAMES

80% THERE IS IN THIS GEN A 80% DROP IN 3RD PARTYS MAKING THESE GAMES ONLY 20% ARE BEING MADE

THE INDUSTRY ALREADY CRASHED THEY JUST DIDNT TELL YOU

THEY INSTEAD WENT INTO LOONY MODE AND POINTED AT NINTENDO THE INDUSTRY IS IN TERMOIL THERE BLAMING NINTENDO FOR """""EVERYTHING THEY DID WRONG""""

THAST LIKE BLAMING A CHILD THAT YOU KILLED DRINK DRIVING YOUR CAR ISNT IS :rolleyes:

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

It will at least bring back Ubisoft. That's good enough for me :D

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif