#21 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

I've only played FFX-2 and FF-Theatrhythm.

I've been itching to play another FF game but i'm on the fence between 6 or 7?

eEG8Ies.png

#22 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Played all the Final Fantasies.

IX and Tactics are still my favorites.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#23 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

I loved final fantasy back then, I don't like them now since the whole Lighting sequel milking, Dissida was the last 'Hoorah!' for me as a die hard FF fan that i'll never get back.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#24 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Realm reborn anyone?

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#25 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

I LOVE FF, my favorites are VI and IX. VI has this whole Opera/Stage theme/feeling to it that was quite enjoyable, and IX was a homage to the past games in the series. X/X-2 was alright but not as boring as VII, which is overrated IMO (to many spinoffs). VIII was cool (detailed characters, and the whole Ultimecia is/might be a future Rinoa was a mindf**k). 

"I" through "V" I never got into... XI I never had the chance to play, XII was really cool and a nice chance in mechanics, and XIII is so so, but again, to many spinoffs lmao (music is great though...). XIV again, never/wont get the chance to play but looks fun. XV looks amazing and its been TO DAMN LONG I want that game so bad!

Oh and Dissidia? OMG amazing story and gameplay mechanics. Loved 'em both (Duodecim is cool bc of the world map thats based on FFI map)

PS. Thats where my username/sig originated from.

Edited by ifrit05, 28 July 2013 - 01:43 PM.

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#26 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Final Fantasy for me really got me serious about gaming. Final Fantasy I, where you created your characters, walked into town with 400 gold and nothing else, it was an amazing experience. Back when exploring a cave could be dangerous because you might not make it back to town if you ran out of healing supplies and magic. It was brilliant. No story really, just gameplay.

FF2 was next, wasn't as excited about it, but still loved it. The "OMG! did that just happen????!!!" moment came when cecil became a paladin and you started leveling from level 1 all over again. Brilliant!

3, 4, 5 didn't come to NA back in the day, so I thought 6 was actually 3. FFVI remains my favorite game of all time to this day. The only possible negative thing I could say about that game was that the destroyed world bit was a little lacking.

I never got into VII as much as my friends and everyone else seemed to. It was cool yah, but FFVII for me is when Final Fantasy started to get these bizarre plots going. I'm not sure what changed at Square, but suddenly everything was bizarre aliens coming to earth, my main character not really being who he was supposed to be, and lots of other weird stuff. The Aeris bit was crazy though, me and my friend couldn't believe she didn't come back. (and we wtf at the ending, lol, sat there for 20 minutes after the credits stopped expecting something better to happen).

VIII was the only final fantasy other than 13 that I didn't finish. The story and the characters again where bizarre and uninteresting. The combat was convoluted, and I just never really got into it. 

IX - I absolutely love 9. I don't really like cutesy graphics or characters but the darker tone of the story was very engrossing. They stuck with simple gameplay and didn't have an insane story too and that was a good thing. The characters really made that game.

X - was the first time I was wowed at the graphics of FF. Story of course was bizarre (wtf Japan!) and the characters annoying as hell most of the time (WHY did tidus have to laugh like that!!!!) but the gameplay and sid parts of the game were awsome and I loved the freedom (illusion at least) of the spheregrid.

x-2 - creepy lets give you 3 teenage girls in skimpy costumes with an UNLOCK-ABLE SKILL THAT LETS YOU LOOK UP THEIR SKIRT (I mean REALLY?) didn't get far in that one.

XI - bleh

XII - my second favorite Final Fantasy, most people detested it, but the only reasons I hear why is that it was too different for a final fantasy and the story wasn't this crazy epic. For me It was a nice change. Finally the characters seemed actually human and had human reasons for why they were doing things. I absolutely loved the gameplay, probably more than the story. All the stuff you could do (hunting, leveling, secret weapons, etc) was just amazing. I really loved the combat system as well, I liked trying to make the best combination with the gambits that I could. Heck, I still play FF12 to this day!

XIII - *sigh* what to say? I bought a playstation 3 for the SOLE purpose of buying FF13. It went multiplatform, it went back to the insanely annoying characters with an insanely bizarre story. And it just wasn't fun. I kept thinking I was in the tutorial, and then I realized that the whole game (minus after hour 25..) was the same.

XIII - 2 - learned my lesson (finally). No more Final Fantasies for me.

^^ As you can see, I LOVE Final Fantasy!

#27 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

I'm a fan of FFs IV, V, and VI.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users