• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

So are there anyone here who likes Final Fantasy games? Just curious.

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

I know there are a couple of FF fans here definitely, Julio93 to name one of them. I'm brand new to the series, I never really cared enough to try the series, but I borrowed FF XIII from my cousin and I love it! I'm not real far into the game though. Before I played XIII though, I tried the XIII-2 demo and I enjoyed that, too. The "true hardcore" FF fans think the Lightning trilogy sucks, which it might compared to the old ones they loved so much. But XIII is my first FF game that I've actually played and I really enjoy it. So to all those XIII haters out there, they can go punch themselves.  ^_^

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

As long as you arent talking about anything past 6.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

I wouldn't say I'm the biggest fan as I didn't play the old, old ones. But I did enjoy 7,8,9 and 12 (10 sucks imo as does 10-2)

13 and anything after that I'm not a fan of though.

Also the next final fantasy game needs to bring cards back, they were so much fun. Once spent all night with a friend on 8 trying to get some cards back from someone near the end game haha.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

I wouldn't say I'm the biggest fan as I didn't play the old, old ones. But I did enjoy 7,8,9 and 12 (10 sucks imo as does 10-2)

13 and anything after that I'm not a fan of though.

Also the next final fantasy game needs to bring cards back, they were so much fun. Once spent all night with a friend on 8 trying to get some cards back from someone near the end game haha.

Yeah.... The next final fantasy is looking to be a god of war clone....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

You called?

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

It's not Final Fantasy by name, but The Last Story was the best Final Fantasy that I've played in a long time. I'm also a fan of 4 and 6. I want to try out 7 so I can form my own opinion about it.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

It's not Final Fantasy by name, but The Last Story was the best Final Fantasy that I've played in a long time. I'm also a fan of 4 and 6. I want to try out 7 so I can form my own opinion about it.

Is the last story actually quite good?

My brother rented it a while ago but sent it back after like one day because he thought it was rubbish, So I never got a chance to play it, should I look into it?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

Is the last story actually quite good?
My brother rented it a while ago but sent it back after like one day because he thought it was rubbish, So I never got a chance to play it, should I look into it?

I would recommend it to anyone. The only bad thing I can think of is that there is some framerate problems when things get intense and it can be a little bit linear.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#10 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

I only enjoyed I through VI.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

It kinda IS final fantasy by name. Its direct synonyms. I dont think it was a coincidence. The original creator of Final Fantasy purposefully chose that name specifically for his mistwalker RPG.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

It kinda IS final fantasy by name. Its direct synonyms. I dont think it was a coincidence. The original creator of Final Fantasy purposefully chose that name specifically for his mistwalker RPG.

I did notice the name was pretty much Final Fantasy, but I was referring to brand name. I've noticed that Mistwalker doesn't appear on the box, but on the title screen Xseed doesn't appear as the publisher: Nintendo does, as they were in Japan.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

I did notice the name was pretty much Final Fantasy, but I was referring to brand name. I've noticed that Mistwalker doesn't appear on the box, but on the title screen Xseed doesn't appear as the publisher: Nintendo does, as they were in Japan.

Well, the Xseed deal is because the extent of mistwalkers publishing was just north american distribution.

Nintendo actually published the game. They financed mistwalker for the creation of an exclusive game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

Well, the Xseed deal is because the extent of mistwalkers publishing was just north american distribution.

Nintendo actually published the game. They financed mistwalker for the creation of an exclusive game.

I guess, but you would think that Mistwalker would appear on the box, or that Xseed would at least have a presence on the title screen.

Just curious, but what are your thoughts on the game?

KtOSpy7.jpg

#15 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

I remember playing one of the games with my 2 cousins for PS2 up in Rhode Island and that was the only onne I lied...but I cant remember the name. After that the series just bored meee

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

I guess, but you would think that Mistwalker would appear on the box, or that Xseed would at least have a presence on the title screen.

Just curious, but what are your thoughts on the game?

Xseed canr appear on the title screen because the game was already finished by the time they were asked to handle distribution.

Dont really know why mistwlkers logo aint on the box.

The last story is actually the only operation rainfall game I havent managed to play yet. I will soon. Most likely the next time i see it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Xseed canr appear on the title screen because the game was already finished by the time they were asked to handle distribution.

Dont really know why mistwlkers logo aint on the box.

The last story is actually the only operation rainfall game I havent managed to play yet. I will soon. Most likely the next time i see it.

You really should play it. It's a little linear, but it's still a good game. The combat system is the best out of any 3D RPG I have ever played (part of the reason why I don't play Xenoblade much is the combat. I hate auto-attack), the music is well-done, the characters are enjoyable, and the story that I've played through so far is pretty good. My only complaints are the framerate not being consistent, and the gane sometimes looking very ugly when it is close-up.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#18 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Guilty!

Final Fantasy was one of the first franchises that got me into gaming. To be honest I loved X (and even XII a little, despite people criticizing it). XIII wasn't as bad as most claim it to be but I have to admit though, every time SE tries to do sequels they screw it up big time. X-2 and XIII-2 are a total mess.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#19 Mc_Boing

Mc_Boing

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Tactics are two of my favorite games of all time. With Tactics having a slight edge because of how much you could customize your team.

Posted Image

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

You really should play it. It's a little linear, but it's still a good game. The combat system is the best out of any 3D RPG I have ever played (part of the reason why I don't play Xenoblade much is the combat. I hate auto-attack), the music is well-done, the characters are enjoyable, and the story that I've played through so far is pretty good. My only complaints are the framerate not being consistent, and the gane sometimes looking very ugly when it is close-up.

I play Xenoblade for the exploration, it is peerless in a time when good exploration, things actually WORTH exploring has all but been removed from gaming at large in favor of cheaper, easier bullet points.

And now you know why last story is the last operation rainfall game for me to play.

That being said, you are clearly playing xenoblade wrong. Then again, Im pretty sure everyone did jntil it 'clicked'. If you think 'autoattack' is the combat system.... I dont think youve really gotten the actual game started yet. Autoattack of normal melee is simply a streamlining of useless garbage. I should not have to waste my time inputting something so blatantly obvious for this style of game.

The actual combat centers around where you are, and what and when you use skill moves. And is vastly different depending on what character you are using.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!