Photo

Kinect Sports Rivals no longer an X1 Launch Title

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...fc34b6a2d00001b

HAHA looks like Microsoft is beginning to enter the same situation that Nintendo was in!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

POPULAR

so forcing people to buy a kinect, but the only kinect intensive game doesn't even come at launch? 

2lvmghw.png

#3 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Things aren't looking good for Microsoft. They just lost their big game for the Xbox One launch that will capture the casual audience (which seems to be the audience they're looking for with all the TV and entertainment stuff on it). I don't think it'll kill the XBO, but it'll certainly decrease the launch and Holiday sales.

Edited by Firejonie, 25 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#4 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

lol it'd probably be a mediocre title as well. 

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

so forcing people to buy a kinect, but the only kinect intensive game doesn't even come at launch?

I'm not sure what your point is considering Kinect on the Xbox One is not just about games but its overall functionality with the console.

Things aren't looking good for Microsoft. They just lost their big game for the Xbox One launch that will capture the casual audience (which seems to be the audience they're looking for with all the TV and entertainment stuff on it). I don't think it'll kill the XBO, but it'll certainly decrease the launch and Holiday sales.

I disagree that it is their biggest game at launch because its not. Also the lack of Kinect Sports Rivals at launch isn't going to make any significant dent at launch regards hardware sales.

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm not sure what your point is considering Kinect on the Xbox One is not just about games but its overall functionality with the console.

What's not to understand? Yea, you can use it for menus. But the only kinect-only game isn't even a launch title? So what do you have to play with kinect. Not only that but no family game launching with the system with a forced motion control? 

2lvmghw.png

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

What's not to understand? Yea, you can use it for menus. But the only kinect-only game isn't even a launch title? So what do you have to play with kinect. Not only that but no family game launching with the system with a forced motion control?

Its more then just menus. You're assuming that Kinect 2.0 is no different then the original. Its far more refined and has far more possibilities. For example the Xbox One can store individual profiles and if you hand the controller to another player it will detect who that player is and choose the appropriate profile. For example in a fighting game it can default to their favourite character and even the control layout preferred by that player. Another example is where it can accurately scan a persons face and map it to that of an on screen character. Of course the new things it can do are just promises at the moment and we will have to see how well they work in reality.

#8 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

Its more then just menus. You're assuming that Kinect 2.0 is no different then the original. Its far more refined and has far more possibilities. For example the Xbox One can store individual profiles and if you hand the controller to another player it will detect who that player is and choose the appropriate profile. For example in a fighting game it can default to their favourite character and even the control layout preferred by that player. Another example is where it can accurately scan a persons face and map it to that of an on screen character. Of course the new things it can do are just promises at the moment and we will have to see how well they work in reality.

No. I am not "assuming" I've seen the video where it lists the improvements of the new kinect. That wasn't my main argument either. I didn't ask for you to list me anything, you've ignored my point that the game  that is most heavily using kinect will not even be a launch title, even though they are forcing us to buy kinect with every XBOX One.

2lvmghw.png

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

No. I am not "assuming" I've seen the video where it lists the improvements of the new kinect. That wasn't my main argument either. I didn't ask for you to list me anything, you've ignored my point that the game  that is most heavily using kinect will not even be a launch title, even though they are forcing us to buy kinect with every XBOX One.

I haven't ignored anything. You're assuming that Kinect Sports Rivals is the only reason to use Kinect and its not. Further more Microsoft's intention with Kinect on the Xbox One is to integrate it as part of the system not to just use it with games. Not to mention there will likely be other games that use it in someway or another. So what's your point. It doesn't really matter if Kinect Sports Rivals is delayed as far as the use of Kinect is concerned. Its not a big deal and you're making it sound like it is.

#10 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

I haven't ignored anything. You're assuming that Kinect Sports Rivals is the only reason to use Kinect and its not. Further more Microsoft's intention with Kinect on the Xbox One is to integrate it as part of the system not to just use it with games. Not to mention there will likely be other games that use it in someway or another. So what's your point. It doesn't really matter if Kinect Sports Rivals is delayed as far as the use of Kinect is concerned. Its not a big deal and you're making it sound like it is.

No. I said its the only kinect intensive game,. Yea, nice menus ect. But baring in mind it is apart of a gaming console, forcing people to have kinect that adds $100 onto a game console with no kinect intensive games is a bit dumb to me. Clearly, 5 other people agreed and understood me. Want to argue with them as well?

2lvmghw.png

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

No. I said its the only kinect intensive game,. Yea, nice menus ect. But baring in mind it is apart of a gaming console, forcing people to have kinect that adds $100 onto a game console with no kinect intensive games is a bit dumb to me. Clearly, 5 other people agreed and understood me. Want to argue with them as well?

Its not arguing its called having an opinion. Not to mention Microsoft isn't forcing Kinect on anyone. If you don't like having Kinect as part of the console then don't buy it. No one is forcing you. Also not all games will require Kinect anyway. You make it sound like you can't use the console at all without Kinect. Like I said its more then just menu control which you don't seem to be able to understand. For the sake of repeating my self the delay in the release of Kinect Sports Rivals isn't and shouldn't be a deal breaker as there will be many other games worth playing on it. A d you and five other people don't agree. You think you're the only six people who have an opinion and no one else can have a differing one.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 27 July 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Its not arguing its called having an opinion. Not to mention Microsoft isn't forcing Kinect on anyone. If you don't like having Kinect as part of the console then don't buy it. No one is forcing you. Also not all games will require Kinect anyway. You make it sound like you can't use the console at all without Kinect. Like I said its more then just menu control which you don't seem to be able to understand. For the sake of repeating my self the delay in the release of Kinect Sports Rivals isn't and shouldn't be a deal breaker as there will be many other games worth playing on it. A d you and five other people don't agree. You think you're the only six people who have an opinion and no one else can have a differing one.

How do I "make it sound like you can't use the console at all without Kinect." If anything that's what you've done. You are arguing, you're constantly quoting me and honestly, you're wasting my time. You want to share your opinion, great? I don't care, but quit quoting me then. 

As for Kinect sports not being a "deal breaker", what relevance does that have to my argument? There's clearly something you aren't understanding, "menu control" is not worth an extra $100 at launch. I know thats entirely subjective but its universally agreed. Now, you don't even have a kinect focused game at launch yet you're making people buy a kinect with their XBOX? If you haven't got software at launch with kinect that makes kinect worth even having, then why even force people to buy it with their XBOX?

2lvmghw.png

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'm not that huge into Kinect games but they sure are lowering their casual install base. Dumb move IMO.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

look_at_all_the_people_who_care-jpg.jpg

Just my two cents.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

look_at_all_the_people_who_care-jpg.jpg

Just my two cents.

True that no one here cares, however there are casual gamers that play Xbox and they are being ignored. Still another bad move by MS.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!