RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

"Earlier this month, Nintendo’s president and CEO, Satoru Iwata, revealed he’s against laying off workers. Although reducing the number of employees in a company is better for the business in the short run, Iwata doesn’t want the morale of staff to decrease due to the fear that they may be laid off. Speaking with VentureBeat, the founder ofOddworld Inhabitants, Lorne Lanning, has praised Iwata’s stance on layoffs.

“When he said that, in my opinion, he was immortalized in the creative community? I would work with him in a second,” said Lanning. “When a man in that type of position, in a world where the golden rule is the rule and that’s what’s expected at public companies, he stood up and said, “That’s not what we’re about. We’re about building great stuff. We have great people to build great stuff. We’re gonna do that.”

Lanning has also praised Nintendo’s way of doing things. While he’s not entirely sure of whether Microsoft will subsist in 100 years, Lanning is confident Nintendo will be here after a century.

“When I look at the history of Nintendo, I say, “Nintendo is gonna be here in 100 years.” I have no doubt,” Lanning said.” I doubt Microsoft will be here in 100 years. I know Zynga won’t be here in 100 years. I’ve been here longer than Zynga. [Laughs] We’re not making headlines in the Wall Street Journal, but we’re still building what we set out to build. Now we have to be clever and smaller in how we think, but we’re more self-empowered than we’ve ever been.”"

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

Well, Nintendo is already 100 years old so it wouldn't be a stretch to think they will survive another 100 years. Be interesting to see what they do to keep up.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

POPULAR

I think the real question is if they will be here in a wonderful 101 years.

Also, I love Iwata, that is all. 

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

But I want Microsoft to stay because Windows>Apple any day of the week.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#5 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Will they always be a video game company for all those years though? Nintendo has been a lot of things. Wish the future people would just tell me already.

Posted Image

#6 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

One thing is for sure, I will not even be here in 50 years !!!

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#7 My Body is Ready

My Body is Ready

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 65 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ready Bodies

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

I believe Nintendo will be like Pepsi. They will be here forever.

1017467_139128322956272_1698619176_n.jpg

#8 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

POPULAR

Iwata is the man. I used to not like him, but after I heard him say this a couple weeks ago, my respect level for him went up by a thousand. This is a man who stands up to his millions of share holders and says "NO, that isn't what I'm going to do". Lay offs are bad, and he knows it has negative affects on morale, and that will show through in their games. He deserves a slow clap.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

In 100 years... the world will be blown to pieces by nuclear bombs and natural disasters. However, Nintendo will be there until that happens.

No sig.

#10 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

and they will make a video game about it .... :laugh:

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

NIntendo is like coca cola, not going anywhere anytime soon!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

and how could they downsize considering they said it takes double the manpower to make games on this system.

Edited by RETROBLAST, 27 July 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#13 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

In a world that's constantly changing and innovating, Nintendo seems to be the only one in the business to be bold, take the first and stand up to their beliefs (yeah, Microsoft and the Xbox 180 ordeal only show that they can't do the same) and I honestly believe that's what'll make them stick around for much longer than most companies that they're competing against now.

Nintendo is a legendary company with a very impressive legacy, they have withstood a lot of hardships but they always stood strong. Their products have changed lives, products that have been with us for generations, and they keep uniting families and friends. Just thinking of how I got into Mario games because of my dad and my aunt and now I can play NSMBU with my little brother, my mother and my grandfather goes to show the power of Nintendo's products.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

In a world that's constantly changing and innovating, Nintendo seems to be the only one in the business to be bold, take the first and stand up to their beliefs (yeah, Microsoft and the Xbox 180 ordeal only show that they can't do the same) and I honestly believe that's what'll make them stick around for much longer than most companies that they're competing against now.

Nintendo is a legendary company with a very impressive legacy, they have withstood a lot of hardships but they always stood strong. Their products have changed lives, products that have been with us for generations, and they keep uniting families and friends. Just thinking of how I got into Mario games because of my dad and my aunt and now I can play NSMBU with my little brother, my mother and my grandfather goes to show the power of Nintendo's products.

That's deep bro, I feel the same way.

#15 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Good guy iwata. He's a respectable guy. Now he just needs to get this console running at full speed. I would suggest better advertisement at the verry least

#16 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

I think the real question is if they will be here in a wonderful 101 years.

Also, I love Iwata, that is all. 

Hopefully!

Bring the noise.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Microsoft will be here but not in gaming

#18 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Nintendo, live long and prosper!

#19 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

How silly to predict what's going to be around in 100 years.  Civilization will no longer be as we know it, let alone gaming companies.

undOZ4c.png

#20 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

I believe Nintendo will be like Pepsi. They will be here forever.

Nintendo's more like Coca-Cola: always the same, never changing for the demographic. Sega's Pepsi! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!