• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

wii_u_console_and_controller3.jpg?w=604&Nintendo has just released their quarterly financial results and – despite poor Wii U sales – have recorded an overall profit between April and June 2013. The company has recorded a net sales earning of 81.5 billion yen (around £545 million), down from 84.8 billion yen in the same few months from 2012. Operating income saw a loss of just 4.9 billion (around $50 million/£33 million) compared to 2012′s results of 10.3 billion. Nintendo, then, saw an overall net profit of 8.62 billion yen (around $88 million/£58 million) this year, which is comparatively huge when you look at its 17.23 billion yen loss between April and June 2012.

Hardware sales for the Wii U shifted just 160,000 worldwide – the majority (90,000) coming from Japan, with North America second at 60,000 units and Europe and Australia trailing behind with only 10,000 hardware sales. In their financial report, Nintendo noted that the reason for such poor Wii U sales was the lack of or very “few key first-party titles”, but with an abundance of first-party exclusives set to come in the next few months – The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HDThe Wonderful 101, and Super Mario 3D World – their home console should start to churn out further sales momentum.

It’s certainly clear to say, then, that Nintendo’s handheld – the 3DS – has been the company’s saving grace. In total, the 3DS sold 1.4 million units worldwide, with software sales climbing up to 11 million from the 7.39 million sold in the same period last year.Tomodachi Collection - only released in Japan – was the biggest seller reaching 1.39 million units in sales, with Animal Crossing: New Leaf just behind at 1.19 million units in North America and Europe. Meanwhile, worldwide sales for Luigi’s Mansion 2 (or Dark Moon in North America) accumulated 1.43 million unit sales.

So, from Nintendo’s quarterly financial results, we can see that there is a lot to be positive about. As far as Nintendo is concerned, they are still sticking to their goals and forecast a further 9 million units for the Wii U, as well as 18 million for the 3DS. Let us know what you think about the financial results for this quarter in the comments below.

http://mynintendonew...n-three-months/

Those sales are bad, man!  I hope the sales for the Wii U pick up soon.

Edited by Alph, 31 July 2013 - 05:09 AM.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#2 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

Before people get confused, this is till the end of June, not July, so it doesn't count Pikmin 3 hardware sales.

I'm not really worried because Wii U will get the system sellers by the end of the year. Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are probably going to sell a lot of units because Super Mario 3D Land has made people buy 3DS systems and Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii has sold a lot of units, and even the 3DS version has sold a lot. Plus, these numbers don't count July which means it doesn't count the hardware sales because of Pikmin 3.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#3 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Was about to post this....  160k wii u's sold over three months is only 11.4k per week.  I had thought it was in the 20k-25k per week.  Oh well, at least they aren't bleeding cash. 

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Games Nintendo. Game systems kinda need them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

3Dude, on 31 Jul 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:Games Nintendo. Game systems kinda need them.

Which is why the Wii U will sell and has been selling more the next 6-9 months.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

Meh 160k in three months with no games. It's still bad, but I'm still optimistic that sales will start getting better now that we have games coming out.

Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World, Windwaker, Donkey Kong, Mario... and so on and so forth. 

#7 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

In lighter news the Wii has now sold 100 million consoles worldwide. Quite the achievement!

Bring the noise.

#8 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

thats 10K in the pal regions, EU & Aus !

i don't think the games Nintendo has coming will save it, nobody is going to buy a console for a HD Mario Kart game.

#9 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Well, that's kinda why I bought it...... Even tho they haven't come out, I simply did not want to own a system that won't allow me to eventually play Nintendo titles.  

i don't think the games Nintendo has coming will save it, nobody is going to buy a console for a HD Mario Kart game.

#10 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

In lighter news the Wii has now sold 100 million consoles worldwide. Quite the achievement!

100 mil is A LOT! I think you've mistaken thousands for millions. The Wii U has only selled 3.61 units worldwide as of the end of June according to Wikipedia. Although, I wish it shipped 100 mil this early! XD

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

I am.
No sig.

#12 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm curious. How many 1st party games had been out for the Wii at this point in it's life? Was it just that it was super "casual" and accessible to families or was it the huge amount of 1st party games? 

I wonder if it's not just the games that are causing the Wii U's problems. Maybe the focus and conflicting messages on the target audience is part of the problem.

#13 deButtho

deButtho

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Warrior

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

I bought the DLX system not too long after launch, and mainly for the two games New Super Mario Wii U and Nintendo Land.  If I had not bought it then, I sure as heck would have when Wind Waker HD and Super Mario 3D World hit the shelves.  For me, the games sell the system.  :) 

I am fairly certain the console will pick up sales as more games hit the market. 

#14 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

100 mil is A LOT! I think you've mistaken thousands for millions. The Wii U has only selled 3.61 units worldwide as of the end of June according to Wikipedia. Although, I wish it shipped 100 mil this early! XD

I know 100 million is a lot, it really is quite the achievement.

Bring the noise.

#15 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

I know 100 million is a lot, it really is quite the achievement.

*le sigh* I'm not even gonna bother...

#16 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Alph, on 01 Aug 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:*le sigh* I'm not even gonna bother...
The Wii (as in the original one before the Wii U) has sold over 100 million, that is all I was saying. I know the Wii U has only sold 3.61 million... Was it me or you who deserves the sigh?

Bring the noise.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hahahaha!!!!!! I think we should be going XD

#18 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Your crazy. Millions of people will want a Mario Kart HD. Hell, I don't like Mario Kart, BUT I WANT that game.

Plus that game isn't coming out this year. SSB4 isn't either, and that will sell millions of units. Trillions actually.

So ... Yeah.

I'm curious. How many 1st party games had been out for the Wii at this point in it's life? Was it just that it was super "casual" and accessible to families or was it the huge amount of 1st party games?

I wonder if it's not just the games that are causing the Wii U's problems. Maybe the focus and conflicting messages on the target audience is part of the problem.

Off hand, I don't know how many, but it had a REALISTIC Zelda game called Twilight Princess. And a Metroid, and maybe even a Mario 3D game. We don't have any of those yet.

See the problem, Nintendo? (that is directed to Nintendo)
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#19 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Meh 160k in three months with no games. It's still bad, but I'm still optimistic that sales will start getting better now that we have games coming out.

Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World, Windwaker, Donkey Kong, Mario... and so on and so forth. 

My thoughts exactly, at this point, the numbers can ONLY get better. And Wii-u will be the highest selling "next-gen" console this holiday season, I'm promising that.

#20 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Alph, on 01 Aug 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:*le sigh* I'm not even gonna bother...
The Wii (as in the original one before the Wii U) has sold over 100 million, that is all I was saying. I know the Wii U has only sold 3.61 million... Was it me or you who deserves the sigh?

Why don't people just quote.

I don't know what gonna happen with the wii u. It kinda looks like the sega dreamcast to me.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!