Photo

Do some games look better on SD screens?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Games like CoDs and Halo's and ACs.. they can be pretty jaggy at times and HD only makes graphical issues more apparant. I have bad experiences with upscaling... HD rendered games usually look a lot better (modern RE games etc.). What are your thoughts?
No sig.

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Games that don't output through HDMI on my TV look pretty jaggy. Component Cables help, but it still looks jaggy. It's really bad for Wind Waker and Sunshine through Component Cables, even though games like Galaxy and Skyward Sword aren't jaggy.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

It works both ways.

Playing Dishonored in 480p on the PS3 is a nightmare as it's ridiculously hard to read any text the game has.

Playing Super Mario 64 on an HDTV is a nightmare because it looks like crap what with all the jaggies.

It's just on a game-by-game basis, no real formula.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

Noticed trillegy prime 1-2 look good on HDTVs(mine upscaled to 960 with small black outside) while 3 looked jaggy as rainbow, made me think they added features or AA to the first 2 but 3 pushed graphics to much to add it.

So depends on the game

#5 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

I've noticed that Wii games look better on my TV when I turn down the sharpness. Virtual Console games generally look fine in HD, but their actual *on the original system* counterparts look far better on an older CRT. 

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Older games do, not modern ones though. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

I've noticed that Wii games look better on my TV when I turn down the sharpness. Virtual Console games generally look fine in HD, but their actual *on the original system* counterparts look far better on an older CRT.

I've always had sharpness at 50+. Today I turnedit down and jaggies are waaaay less especially in games like AC2. A lot of games still don't look HD tho.... dunno why. Haven't tried this on Wii tho.
No sig.

#8 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

well when they tell you last gen games run on hd they are lying unless they re made  the game and improved the graphics

#9 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Old games look good on a SD TV, I still have one in my room and an HD TV on my living room, the framerate's slower if you play a new game like Last of Us on a SD TV.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Will next-gen games look truly HD? Like a lot of details/good AA. I'm thinking the "HD gaming" of this gen is not what HD is meant to be in movies for example.
No sig.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

Well in movies it can take hours for high end equipment to render a single frame, so that goes without saying. No gaming system can even handle Princess Merida's hair.

Edited by grahamf, 06 August 2013 - 06:50 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!