ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

After the trauma I got being bullied in reddit, I think I'm taking a break from social networks to cool my head off and to focus on studies. You guys are like the best forum community I've experienced in my internet lifespan so keep it up! 

I'm still really sad that they would go as low to bully a kid that has Asperger's.  So yeah, I'm leaving Twitter, Facebook, WUF, and reddit until I can cool my head off.

I might still be lurking FB since our school sends us some essential stuff to our accounts and I'll still be watching here but I won't be as active as before. This experience just made me wary of social media  :( .

Edited by Stromdeath, 05 August 2013 - 02:50 PM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Ya if you're taking something that people said on the internet to heart, then you aren't going to last very long here :s What I'm basically saying is... Ignore any online bully, the only reason they say things is because they are behind a screen unknown to anyone. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

It's not bullying, because you can turn off the computer or go to other websites.

Bullying is when you're forced into situations where someone is abusing you, not just being abused by choice.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

It's not bullying, because you can turn off the computer or go to other websites.

Bullying is when you're forced into situations where someone is abusing you, not just being abused by choice.

Still considered cyberbullying.

Cyberbullying -
 the electronic posting of mean-spirited messages about a person (as a student) often done anonymously

Souce: Marriam-Webster

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Still considered cyberbullying.

Souce: Marriam-Webster

And as an adult, you learn that if you're not welcome somewhere, you can simply go somewhere else.
Blaming other people is easier though, and making it seem like they're a detriment to your life is more fun because of all that sweet attention.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

And as an adult, you learn that if you're not welcome somewhere, you can simply go somewhere else.
Blaming other people is easier though, and making it seem like they're a detriment to your life is more fun because of all that sweet attention.

lol I see what you're getting at but...

The op isn't an adult though so we can't expect everybody to react to bullying or "not being welcome" the same way as someone else would. Even if you don't consider it bullying I'm pretty sure you can say that "hurling insults" and calling someone a "kid with no future," just for sharing their opinion isn't okay. He obviously can't stand up for himself yet.

Haven't really seen the op beg for attention that often so a little venting is fine.

Edited by BnB, 05 August 2013 - 05:34 PM.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#7 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

After the trauma I got being bullied in reddit, I think I'm taking a break from social networks to cool my head off and to focus on studies. You guys are like the best forum community I've experienced in my internet lifespan so keep it up! 

I'm still really sad that they would go as low to bully a kid that has Asperger's.  So yeah, I'm leaving Twitter, Facebook, WUF, and reddit until I can cool my head off.

I might still be lurking FB since our school sends us some essential stuff to our accounts and I'll still be watching here but I won't be as active as before. This experience just made me wary of social media  :( .

At least you weren't bullied on 4chan

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

lol I see what you're getting at but...

The op isn't an adult though so we can't expect everybody to react to bullying or "not being welcome" the same way as someone else would. Even if you don't consider it bullying I'm pretty sure you can say that "hurling insults" and calling someone a "kid with no future," just for sharing their opinion isn't okay. He obviously can't stand up for himself yet.

Haven't really seen the op beg for attention that often so a little venting is fine.

A little realism can be a hurtful thing indeed.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

I can normally take these things like trolling or flaming but it struck me since I was really volatile yesterday after experiencing something (another story for another time)

Edited by Stromdeath, 05 August 2013 - 08:57 PM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

#10 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

There is a thread in the "Introduction" section specifically made to say you are going on a hiatus, you don't need to make your own.

Edited by Chaos, 06 August 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

There is a thread in the "Introduction" section specifically made to say you are going on a hiatus, you don't need to make your own.

He's still posting though

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

Yeah. I'm just quitting Reddit and (to a lesser extent) Twitter.  

Edited by Stromdeath, 07 August 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Didn't you all bully Saturn out of he because he claimed he suffered from like eight different mental illnesses? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

Didn't you all bully Saturn out of he because he claimed he suffered from like eight different mental illnesses?

Everyone changes names so often here I don't even know if anyone who posted here was involved at all.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Yeah. I'm just quitting Reddit and (to a lesser extent) Twitter.  

I honestly don't see the point in this thread, since you are not leaving the forum and you could have posted in the thread in the introduction section. 

I'm just going to lock this thread now. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!