Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

My pet peeve is people thinking the Wii U is more than what it is. .. a Nintendo first party game machine where no thought was put in for what attracts 3RD party support.

I have a Wii U. Had it since day one. I like it. Can't wait for W101. But I was kind of duped by Nintendo into thinking it was going back to the "hardcore".

I guess we just have a different definition.

It is a disappointing experience in some ways, no doubt. But great in others.

I guess part of it is the fact it could easily have been better. Instead they went cheap and charged way too much for what you get. I have covered this before.

I wish I did not hand to supplement my gaming experience with a PS4 so soon. But the future of Wii U support outside of Nintendo titles is bleak.

http://ie.ign.com/bl...-with-nintendo/

Seems like Nintendo were duped too.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#162 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

http://ie.ign.com/bl...-with-nintendo/

Seems like Nintendo were duped too.

That was actually kind of sad.

#163 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

That was actually kind of sad.

IKR.
I wish Nintendo would grow some balls and call out third parties who pull this rainbow on them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#164 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

IKR.
I wish Nintendo would grow some balls and call out third parties who pull this rainbow on them.

Kind of easy now to just call him an outright liar, but I think he was just trying to build hype for the system. That would obviously have benefited his company. It was also disingenuous in the fact that they did kinda do stuff half-ass just so they can say "look, we tried". I see that now.

Just sucks. But Nintendo could have helped everyone by holding off and building a better system.

#165 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Kind of easy now to just call him an outright liar, but I think he was just trying to build hype for the system. That would obviously have benefited his company. It was also disingenuous in the fact that they did kinda do stuff half-ass just so they can say "look, we tried". I see that now.

Just sucks. But Nintendo could have helped everyone by holding off and building a better system.

It's just stuff like this and WB's stance with that dead island 3 game and batman etc. that make me think the anti-nintendo conspiracy might not just be paranoia.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#166 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

It's just stuff like this and WB's stance with that dead island 3 game and batman etc. that make me think the anti-nintendo conspiracy might not just be paranoia.

Yeah its more than that.... the industry doesnt wat Ninteno in it. its cool to hate or dislike nintendo it just is.

#167 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

Lol at the fact I made this thread and where I stand today with W101... Just shows how I jumped the gun. 

#168 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

So wonderred, lets see if i got this right:

you overhyped the game for the last months, created a thread for it, and all of a sudden you changed your mind cause of the poor sales and lack of publicity for it?

yet you'll contribute to those poor sales by cancelling your preorder?

like, the level of publicity a game receives changes your perception of it, even when you were fully convinced to get it despite all the negative comments on reviews, neogaf and even here?

by that logic, games with tons of publicity, ads and stuff are great games by default?

and then if the game flops here as well you'll still complain and blame nintendo for it?

I'll never understand nowaydays gamers's "logic".

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#169 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Maybe the game just sucks and that's why he changed his mind? Idk never saw the appeal for that game n it resulted exactly how I pictured it.

Edited by LinkKennedy, 08 September 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#170 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Maybe the game just sucks and that's why he changed his mind? Idk never saw the appeal for that game n it resulted exactly how I pictured it.

hmm he hanst played the game from what i know, even so, im sure he'd just say the game didnt meet his expectations, would sound more reasonable, but still giving up on it without even trying?

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#171 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

Well in that case I agree with you, it's a shame to just cast aside something you haven't tried. Add insult to injury with the user name.

#172 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

hmm he hanst played the game from what i know, even so, im sure he'd just say the game didnt meet his expectations, would sound more reasonable, but still giving up on it without even trying?

I wouldn't buy a wii u just for wonderful101 no matter how hyped i was for it.
It's a one-off game, unlike anything nintendo themselves would make.

If she owns the console then she probably did play the demo though.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#173 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Im a guy

#174 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Lol at the fact I made this thread and where I stand today with W101... Just shows how I jumped the gun.

It certainly shows a lot about you, but not in the way you think/implied about yourself.

Anyways, Eurogaf is unanimously crapping themselves over this game. They are going completely nuts over it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#175 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

It certainly shows a lot about you, but not in the way you think/implied about yourself.

Anyways, Eurogaf is unanimously crapping themselves over this game. They are going completely nuts over it.

if you think im any less of a person over a game then that shows you have issues your self dude.

#176 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

if you think im any less of a person over a game then that shows you have issues your self dude.

It has nothing to do with a game. It has to do with your thought structure, logic, and behavior. Taken as a single case study, its about an irrelevant subject. A videogame you were hyped for didnt get the attention you wanted, so you crapped all over it. Pretty irrelevent. Just a game.

But being people are inherently who they are regaurdless of subject matter... They dont change into someone else on different subjects.

Hence you acting like captain misogyny on your status update. THAT ONE, I do think less of you for.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#177 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Here's a good review from PC Mag:  http://www.pcmag.com...5079TX1K0000996

I have so many games that I still haven't really played, I won't get this anytime soon, but probably will get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!