176 replies to this topic

#121 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

twJcoPd.jpg

and then this bish comes into scene...i cant stand her!!

I feel like I should be more inclined to agree with her, since im constantly the one askingfor more fully armoured samus, or actual armor for female characters, instead of armor that frames their vital organs and other sensitive areas like a big 'impale here, theres no protection!' sign....

But,... I think my problem with her, is she just sucks horribly at what shes supposed to be doing, and constantly cherry picks out of context scenes of good female characters, in good games, while purposefully not showing all the other scenes that subvert the point shes trying to make, or just misses the point completely.

And things like how she calls scientific facts like homo sapiens sapiens being a sexually dimorphic species a myth....

And beyond that, she never seems to be pushing for equal representation, but pushing hard instead for special treatment.

This is a perfect example of how she sucks.

Every one of the 7 main characters in tw101 is a ridiculous over the top stereotype. Every. Single. One.

And those that arent main characters are fat guys in a beer costume, or toilet bowl costume, Or street sign costume...

This is the very definition of equal representation, everyone is equally ridiculous. She needs to stop demanding special treatment, thats not equality. Why should the female character be given a super perfect/flawless depiction when everyone else is a running gag?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#122 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

twJcoPd.jpg

And it begins.... 

#123 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

I just have played the Wonderful 101 demo about 10 times.

And I just got bored.... ' - ' ;;; so I am not sure anymore.

I didn't like the use of wii u gamepad. It keeps me distracted from focusing on game and I had to constantly look at my gamepad screen instead of my beautiful HDTV.

Edited by JoonKimDMD, 12 August 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#124 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

I just have played the Wonderful 101 demo about 10 times.
And I just got bored.... ' - ' ;;; so I am not sure anymore.

I didn't like the use of wii u gamepad. It keeps me distracted from focusing on game and I had to constantly look at my gamepad screen instead of my beautiful HDTV.

Im pretty sure if you played any tiny level from any game over and over and over again 10 times in a row it would start to get old.

Use the classic controller instead of the gamepad, or if you dont have one, the right analog stick, you wont have to look at the gamepad then.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#125 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

Im pretty sure if you played any tiny level from any game over and over and over again 10 times in a row it would start to get old.

Use the classic controller instead of the gamepad, or if you dont have one, the right analog stick, you wont have to look at the gamepad then.

I don't mind drawing on the gamepad screen. I can do it with my eyes closed. (yeah, i was actually surprised when some gamers said it's not responsive because my gamepad screen acts like it's hypersensitive XD) But I didn't like sequences like aiming missile with gamepad screen or how you can't see the inside of building without using wiiU gamepad screen w/ zyro sensor. They basically forced us to use gamepad screen when it was totally unnecessary and they could have used easier ways to pull the same thing.

Edited by JoonKimDMD, 13 August 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#126 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

I don't mind drawing on the gamepad screen. I can do it with my eyes closed. (yeah, i was actually surprised when some gamers said it's not responsive because my gamepad screen acts like it's hypersensitive XD) But I didn't like sequences like aiming missile with gamepad screen or how you can't see the inside of building without using wiiU gamepad screen w/ zyro sensor. They basically forced us to use gamepad screen when it was totally unnecessary and they could have used easier ways to pull the same thing.

The game pad is not necessary for any of that. Like I said, you can play this game with the classic controller, so they have ways around having to look 2 screens.

Ironically, since I played off screen a lot, I had to use these different methods ON the gamepad, as it was my only screen.

You can press the ' - ' button to swap through several layouts, switching gamepad and tv screens, and both options of picture in picture so you never have to look down.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#127 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

The game pad is not necessary for any of that. Like I said, you can play this game with the classic controller, so they have ways around having to look 2 screens.

Ironically, since I played off screen a lot, I had to use these different methods ON the gamepad, as it was my only screen.

You can press the ' - ' button to swap through several layouts, switching gamepad and tv screens, and both options of picture in picture so you never have to look down.

Does Pro Controller have zyro sensor? Once you enter the building, there are three switches on the left side and you need to use zyrosensor and look at the left to activate it. And there is a missile that uses wii u controller screen to aim and you need to touch the screen in order to fire. How can you do either of these without wii U screen and zyrosensor?

#128 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:48 AM

Does Pro Controller have zyro sensor? Once you enter the building, there are three switches on the left side and you need to use zyrosensor and look at the left to activate it. And there is a missile that uses wii u controller screen to aim and you need to touch the screen in order to fire. How can you do either of these without wii U screen and zyrosensor?

No, no gyro sensor, it maps to stick.

As stated previously, you can cycle between tv/gamepad screens, and picture in picture with the - button. You can play tv only, or gamepad only, and all motion/touch functions have conventional control alternatives.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#129 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

This has turned into such an awful thread.

The title of this thread is a positive one but you wouldn't think that, based off of the responses.

Regardless if you're purchasing this game or not, I think everyone should be excited for this game. It's receiving a lot of positive attention by the gaming industry and, right now, that's really what the Wii U needs.

It is sad. I think there are many people on this site that hate Wii U, doesn't have one and has no plan to get one... Yet they stalk a pro Wii U site just to post negative things.

#130 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

It is sad. I think there are many people on this site that hate Wii U, doesn't have one and has no plan to get one... Yet they stalk a pro Wii U site just to post negative things.

To be fair, thats not all the people in here though.

In fact many of the ones Ive been butting heads with dont represent this at all.

They simply had a hard time trying to play the game, and their knee jerk reaction was to lash out at the game and those who could play well enough to enjoy it.

Which of course is not cool. Just as not cool for the same reason as all the sony/ms fanboy attack comments I had to delete on the other end of the spectrum.

However, im PRETTY sure by now, everyone knows that if they couldnt be awesome at the game, it wasnt bad controls holding them back. And those who still wont... well...

Its pretty hard to take comments about 'bad controls' seriously when myself and many others are pulling pure platinums. They should just stick with its not for them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#131 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Wonderful 101 goty 2013 #cutfor101

#132 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

To be fair, thats not all the people in here though.In fact many of the ones Ive been butting heads with dont represent this at all.They simply had a hard time trying to play the game, and their knee jerk reaction was to lash out at the game and those who could play well enough to enjoy it.Which of course is not cool. Just as not cool for the same reason as all the sony/ms fanboy attack comments I had to delete on the other end of the spectrum.However, im PRETTY sure by now, everyone knows that if they couldnt be awesome at the game, it wasnt bad controls holding them back. And those who still wont... well... pretty hard to take comments about 'bad controls' seriously when myself and many others are pulling pure platinums. They should just stick with its not for them.

Yeah I've played the demo about 5 times including mission mode. It's an amazing game that I can't wait for the full version.

#133 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

To be fair, thats not all the people in here though.

In fact many of the ones Ive been butting heads with dont represent this at all.

They simply had a hard time trying to play the game, and their knee jerk reaction was to lash out at the game and those who could play well enough to enjoy it.

Which of course is not cool. Just as not cool for the same reason as all the sony/ms fanboy attack comments I had to delete on the other end of the spectrum.

However, im PRETTY sure by now, everyone knows that if they couldnt be awesome at the game, it wasnt bad controls holding them back. And those who still wont... well...

Its pretty hard to take comments about 'bad controls' seriously when myself and many others are pulling pure platinums. They should just stick with its not for them.

um....pretty sure its the other way around too. 

bb0.gif

#134 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

Played the demo last night.

It's not bad, but still not interested in it.
Most of my first playthrough was being confused at where to go or how to make a ladder, which only worked in the fire part for some reason. Maybe I only learned how to make a ladder then? Which is weird because the part directly before that could have used the ladder, instead I had to do a weird in-out jump.
Plays after that were better, I knew what to do.
As to not knowing where to go, I just explored everywhere, which is what I do in games anyway so it wasn't too bad.

The graphics and art are good.
The missions are really really short, like handheld-style short, but the overall level is quite long, so probably a decent balance there, provided there's a lot of levels to the game.
I didn't feel like anything was being explained to me very well, but then I only read the popups at a glance.

Edited by Nollog, 15 August 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#135 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:26 AM

um....pretty sure its the other way around too.

Which of course is not cool. Just as not cool for
the same reason as all the sony/ms fanboy
attack comments I had to delete on the other
end of the spectrum.

Is it the words im using? Should I swap out 'other end of the spectrum' for 'other way around'?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#136 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

Is it the words im using? Should I swap out 'other end of the spectrum' for 'other way around'?

"Its pretty hard to take comments about 'bad controls' seriously when myself and many others are pulling pure platinums. They should just stick with its not for them."
She could have been responding to that.

I found the controls fine, it's just waggling an analogue stick.
I can't imagine playing when under any pressure from a serious amount of enemies at once, changing from the glove to the sword to the gun takes time to draw out with the stick and sometimes you think you're drawing a circle for the glove and end up drawing something the game won't recognise (black), it slows the gameplay right down for me.
I usually just watch for the colour I want rather than concentrating on the drawing though.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#137 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

"Its pretty hard to take comments about 'bad controls' seriously when myself and many others are pulling pure platinums. They should just stick with its not for them."
She could have been responding to that.

I found the controls fine, it's just waggling an analogue stick.
I can't imagine playing when under any pressure from a serious amount of enemies at once, changing from the glove to the sword to the gun takes time to draw out with the stick and sometimes you think you're drawing a circle for the glove and end up drawing something the game won't recognise (black), it slows the gameplay right down for me.
I usually just watch for the colour I want rather than concentrating on the drawing though.

Well, it was a vague one liner, however I discounted that possibility, and here is why:

Mainly, it is word for word exactly what I said, and I figure there would be an aknowledgment or distinction provided.

Then, you have to consider, its not a reversable situation. Since people who didnt start bs werent called out. They just didnt like it, and that was it. Theres no other way around, as nothing happened.

Its like when went in the pokemon thread, the first thing I stated was the real reason I didnt like pokemon was because i had no soul. It was nothing but opinion. Well, I suspect the vocabulary I used was the main point of miscommunication because not one person acknowledged it in their rush to argue the virtues of pokemon. Im starting to suspect the same here.

Time and again I have stated there is a pretty huge distinction between people who just say they dont personally like the game, which is fine and ive left completely alone aside from answering some questions they had, and the people ive rebuked who say they dont like the game, make up reasons that are provably false, as in, you can watch on video how every single point they've made for why the game is bad, is proven false, and call people who do like it stupid for liking it.

Like, a massive night and day difference. No one here, not myself, nor anyone else has told people they cant just not like the game. Any posts that did, like stated anyone who didnt like this was a sony fanboy were removed by me, as this was the EXACT kind of unthinking intolerance ive been arguing against this whole time. Its simply on the other end of the spectrum, or 'the other way around'.

Ive only called people out who went beyond that, and were full of bs. They should have just left it at it just wasnt for them if they didnt want to get called out on their bs.

Watching for color is the way I do it as well. Its not too big a deal for me, as the game is slowed down to past vj slow mo, and im already use to Okami, which had far more complex drawing, and wasnt as good at consistant recognition. Ive gotten the 'feel' for it now, and the only time it doesnt work for me is when i dont have enough heroes/wonders with the right weapon active.

As for your ladder, the buildings you can use ladder on are restricted, it seems mostly to the ones you can access by route of the game, so you can get back to any high place you fell off, but cant use it to get to the top of just any building.

The one in particular you were talking about, doesnt work because there are gaps, you are supposed to be using the fist to pull out the boxes instead of doing strange in out jumps. But, kudos for the speed run technique.

You can purchase new morphs from wonder marts that can get you places ladder wont work, like unite rocket, to find collectable figurines on top of tall buildings.

Did anyone else get the wonder mart to appear?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#138 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

A lot of my removed comments were jokes people should lighten up and enjoy this game

#139 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

twJcoPd.jpg

Yeah typical stuff, it's okay though because nobody actually cares.

In the entertainment industry most products are aimed at the average audience that prefers men to be built like sculptures, and women to be as curvy and sexy as possible. It's just business. I doubt that the majority of male gamers are actually as physically fit and sexy as the role-models they play in-game like Master Chief, Nathan Drake, Cloud Strife, Snake, Kratos, Dante, etc. you don't see them complaining about all of these perfect men in video games. 

#140 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

Yeah typical stuff, it's okay though because nobody actually cares.

In the entertainment industry most products are aimed at the average audience that prefers men to be built like sculptures, and women to be as curvy and sexy as possible. It's just business. I doubt that the majority of male gamers are actually as physically fit and sexy as the role-models they play in-game like Master Chief, Nathan Drake, Cloud Strife, Snake, Kratos, Dante, etc. you don't see them complaining about all of these perfect men in video games.

They dismiss this as false equivilance, and that being fit/attractive is a male power fantasy, and not attractive to females.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!