YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

The stick drawing is completly responsive and easy :) you guys suck

Again, this could be that its because I did it with my finger. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#82 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Should I be more specific? Should I posts pictures for you to understand me better? I never, ever said in any of my posts that I had trouble figuring out the controls. I said in my original post:

"The controls are pretty awful.' "  The line drawing stuff is pretty unresponsive" Thinking the controls are pretty mediocre is completely different from not knowing how to  play the game. You need to chill out, you're hulking SMASHING your keyboard and trying to breakdown anyone's posts that don't like this game. It's a opinion. Nobody will ever share the same one. Just because you found the controls to be well for you doesn't mean that others won't. There's plenty of people that think the controls are complete trash. Does that mean they couldn't figure how the game plays?

You need to relax, take a chill pill, and stop getting upset over a forum. I think the concept of the game itself is good and original, but the lackluster control hurt it. 

Of course you arent going to say it.

And yes, thats exactly what it means when you have games with incredibly tight controls and a high skill demand,when you have people pulling off crazy moves and combos with fluidity and precision that can only come from incredibly precise control... And then the people who come in and claim the controls are bad.

If you dont think its controlling well, you are VERY clearly doing it wrong.

And sure. Take pictures, put up video so I can show you what you are doing wrong. 100% garuntee I can make an essay out of everything you are doing wrong. Or, if you post a vid of you playing like a champ,switching between multiple lock ons, flying across the screen and back using lock dashing, while creating an opening for attacking big enemies (dodge countering, guard breaking, blocking, viewtiful joe style dazed enemy missile hitting) leading into a juggle scoring 30-40-50 hit combos or higher with air to ground and back to air juggles switching from fist to launch to gun juggle, dodge cancels and come back up for a multi sword/gun/fist finish, and end the demo with a pure platinum trophy. Then yeah I will accept that you know how to play and you are saying the controls are bad with the experience for it to actually mean something.

But as it stands, I dont think you have any idea how to effectively do much of that at all. You certainly havent mentioned any of it or how being able to do that is bad control.

And NO, I have not gone after everybody who states they dont like the game. Plenty have stated they dont like it and thats that.

Only those who attempt to go out of their way to 'prove' the games controls are bad, and stating people who actually can control it are just overhyping fanboys get hit with the fact stick.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#83 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Of course you arent going to say it.

And yes, thats exactly what it means when you have games with incredibly tight controls and a high skill demand.

If you dont think its controlling well, you are VERY clearly doing it wrong.

And sure. Take pictures, put up video so I can show you what you are doing wrong. 100% garuntee I can make an essay out of everything you are doing wrong. Or, if you post a vid of you playing like a champ,switching between multiple lock ons, flying across the screen and back using lock dashing, while creating an opening for attacking big enemies (dodge countering, guard breaking, blocking, viewtiful joe style dazed enemy missile hitting) leading into a juggle scoring 30-40-50 hit combos or higher with air to ground and back to air juggles switching from fist to launch to gun juggle, dodge cancels and come back up for a multi sword/gun/fist finish, and end the demo with a pure platinum trophy. Then yeah I will accept that you know how to play and you are saying the controls are bad with the experience for it to actually mean something.

But as it stands, I dont think you have any idea how to effectively do much of that at all.

And NO, I have not gone after everybody who states they dont like the game. Plenty have stated they dont like it and thats that.

Only those who attempt to go out of their way to 'prove' the games controls are bad, and stating people who actually can control it are just overhyping fanboys get hit with the fact stick.

Of course I'm not going to say it? You're putting words in my mouth. Why would I agree to something I never said unless I was suffering from some mental disorder? 

You take things too literal. You just argue for the sake of winning arguments sometimes. I'm not continuing this further because it's a frivolous argument. It's a MATTER of perspective. Even Kamiya himself wouldn't go to this length to defend his games, because he doesn't know that they aren't perfect. Your perspective of the game is simply different from when I played it. Kamiya knows that not everyone finds all his game as perfect; only the hardcore fanboys do.

The end, if you want to argue with someone meaninglessly for hours upon hours, I'm not that guy. Argue with Desert Punk. People are always going to find a flaw with a game, stop taking it so literal and personal. I'm not trying to prove anything nor am I trying to pursue anyone on here to side with me. It's a matter of PERSPECTIVE/OPINION. Not everyone is going to find everyone Wii U game as excellently as you do.  

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#84 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

I advise everyone to watch this playthrough of the demo.
He really shows nearly every aspect of it and explains everything he is doing.

Truly shows how immersive this game is and shows the kind of skill needed to start thinking about doing it on hard mode and up.

#85 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Of course I'm not going to say it? You're putting words in my mouth. Why would I agree to something I never said unless I was suffering from some mental disorder? 

You take things too literal. You just argue for the sake of winning arguments sometimes. I'm not continuing this further because it's a frivolous argument. It's a MATTER of perspective. Even Kamiya himself wouldn't go to this length to defend his games, because he doesn't know that they aren't perfect. Your perspective of the game is simply different from when I played it. Kamiya knows that not everyone finds all his game as perfect; only the hardcore fanboys do.

The end, if you want to argue with someone meaninglessly for hours upon hours, I'm not that guy. Argue with Desert Punk. People are always going to find a flaw with a game, stop taking it so literal and personal. I'm not trying to prove anything nor am I trying to pursue anyone on here to side with me. It's a matter of PERSPECTIVE/OPINION. Not everyone is going to find everyone Wii U game as excellently as you do.

If you dont like a game because you arent any good at it, you are going to blame the controls not yourself. Its very straightforward.

If you were actually competent with the controls and didnt like them, you would have stated specific examples of moves, techniques, and strategies you thought were designed poorly.

But despite several oppurtunities, you never named a single thing besides your inability to draw a straight line, and dislike of the camera angle. You never mentioned a single thing about te controls except that they were awful.

Thats something people who only have vauge idle opinions do.

You are making up strawmen, and you are trying to change arguments, and in general getting upset because i am holding you accountable for what you said.

Its very simple. There is a difference between being subjective and stating not every game is suited for everyone, and just saying you dont like it.

And objectively stating the game is bad because its controls are bad, and people who enjoy it are blind fanboys who cant tell whats crap or not because its on wii u.

Which is the little camp you set up in here. Its hilarious that you are now complaining about the value of having a different opinion.

When this was your first post.

The controls are pretty awful.

Can I play this with a pro controller? The line drawing stuff is pretty unresponsive.  I also didn't like the camera angle.  You guys really need to stop hyping up every game like its the second-coming of Jesus Christ. I'll probably rent it and that's it.

Wheres your respecting the opinions of others? Where is your desperately precious concept of understanding different things appeal to different people? Its nowhere to be found here.

Its not a one way street guy.

And Kamiya would just cuss us out.
Seriously, we all know thats exactly what he would do.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#86 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Same people with the same elitism as they had with monster hunter.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#87 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Same people with the same elitism as they had with monster hunter.

Its also the same exact people who crapped on every single monster hunter thread. Repeatedly.

Its never good enough for them to say they just dont like monster hunter, or its just not for them.

No, they have to try to PROVE its a bad game and people who enjoy it are stupid/blind fanboys.

Its not a coincidence these are both high skill demanding games, and the same people are going out of their way to crap on people who enjoy the game.

Its getting pretty obvious any game thats too hard/complex for them is 'shallow' and has 'bad controls' and 'overhyped'.

But once their arguments start getting destroyed its nothing but 'geez, cant you guys accept people have different opinions?'

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#88 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

This game controls very well.

It's not my "type" of game, but it's pure genius.

And there are multiple ways to do the same things.

The innovative controls are also intuitive and literally very "safe" due to the help references and in-game tutorials.

I'll confess to being confused for a good two minutes. But then I decided to actually think different and just go with the system. It works flawlessly, never confusing a thing, never missing execution, and very easy to pull off.

Anyone struggling with the controls simply needs to give it another go. This isn't a game where you can just jump in and mash buttons.

It takes a second to figure out. But once you do, it's an "aha!" Moment and becomes second nature. Once you get it, you'll wonder why it took you any time at all.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 11 August 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#89 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

My 8 and 9 year olds have pretty much mastered this game in two days. its not that hard it just takes longer for some than others.

#90 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

demo was cool, but i had trouble switching between heroes. i drew the shape but it didnt change, and i kept getting the blue guy with his big sword....

bb0.gif

#91 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

demo was cool, but i had trouble switching between heroes. i drew the shape but it didnt change, and i kept getting the blue guy with his big sword....

You'll get accused of  having trouble of figuring out the controls. Careful. 

#92 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Actually, every clover/platinum game has done exactly what you requested since viewtiful joe.

So will this. It wont just hurl you into the middle of the game like the demo. Im honestly not looking forward to it and hope it can be skipped/turned off. Oh well.

Ohm, Go into the pause menu, to the second menu and equip the rainbow colored 'full auto'. The computer will begin assisting you with combos, and even block or dodge for you sometimes.

Well, if they all do it, why not include it in the demo with an option to skip direct to the action? I know that you want to give as much as a preview as possible but you don't want to throw off your future possible players either.

Also, OH SORRY FOR MISSING an option. I also tried mixing this stuff and pressing the Y button did JACK CRAP.

Finally, use the[ quote] tag, it looks like you copy me. Exemple dialog:

Me: So, today I watched somebody rock RAWK HAWK
You: So, today I watched somebody rock RAWK HAWK
Me: It was an awesome match
You: It was an awesome match
Me: Shaddap
You: Shaddap

If that was your intention, that was totally immature and unfit for a moderator. Everybody got opinion. Mine may be biased because the game scared me off so I stopped playing after 15 minutes and I may have not used all the options available. And I did try to check the gamepad help and tried to make use of the tips that appeared here and there the most possible but I was still scared off and unable to play jackcrap. And it was on Easy.

also, the "we need a tutorial" argument shows why today's gamers cant beat the first super mario game: no instinct left (specially considering they have mentioned how to play the game each time they have mentioned it on nintendo directs, there are gameplay videos on youtube and even there is the platinum games' blog dedicated to the game where they take you by the hand on getting into the game mechanics)

Using SMB as an exemple is... not a good exemple at all. SMB got 2 buttons, a directional pad and the TV to worry about. Here, with W101, we have two joystick, 8 buttons, gamepad screen and monitor/TV to worry about.  Sorry but you are comparing apples to bananas. And, usually, unless I don't plan to play the game myself, I don't watch gameplay videos or anything of the like because, yeah, I don't want to spoil myself.

Edited by Lebon14, 11 August 2013 - 06:51 PM.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#93 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I love doing the combo attacks its my favorite especially the sword and fist. My favorite single attack is the gun though its just awesome.

#94 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

I thought this game was fun and I will definitely buy it. Not sure it's a reason to buy a wii u but to each there own. I'm going to buy 2 copies just to spite all the whiney little girls on here that feel the need to bash anything positive about the wii u.

Edited by Aplg8, 11 August 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#95 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well, if they all do it, why not include it in the demo with an option to skip direct to the action? I know that you want to give as much as a preview as possible but you don't want to throw off your future possible players either.

I dont know why they didnt. But if I had to guess it was likely because of how the game is structured and how this part is pretty far away from the tutorials and how they are integrated... And they figured the part at the beginning with the tutorials were to boring to use as a demo

Also, OH SORRY FOR MISSING an option.

Dont know what you are referring too.

I also tried mixing this stuff and pressing the Y button did JACK CRAP.

Probably because you didnt have enough ingrediants. All it gives you are consumables that the demo gives you like candy anyways.

Finally, use the 'quote' tag, it looks like you copy me. Exemple dialog:

If that was your intention, that was totally immature and unfit for a moderator. Everybody got opinion.

Im not even sure what the middle of this is supposed to mean, but the quote function doesnt always work correctly for mobile browsers/wii u.

Mine may be biased because the game scared me off so I stopped playing after 15 minutes and I may have not used all the options available. And I did try to check the gamepad help and tried to make use of the tips that appeared here and there the most possible but I was still scared off and unable to play jackcrap. And it was on Easy.

Thats cool dude, you arent trying to tell people who do enjoy it that they are full of crap and its a bad game, just because you personally are having trouble/scared off. Theres a pretty big difference between what you've posted and what certain other people have.

If you go into the options, under the second tab labeled 'custom' there should be four gems you can equip, the last one will be rainbowy, its called 'full auto', if you equip that, the cpu will help you out with some of the combos, and even blocking sometimes. Should make the game a little less intimidating.

Its hilarious some people cant tell the difference between something like this and what they posted.

Could you be a little more specific? There are a lot of reasons why it might not have worked.

1. You could have drawn it wrong. Did it change to the desired colour?
2. Did you press 'A' to switch or 'X' for support after drawing it?
3. Did you have enough available/non stunned/tasked out heroes to make the weapon?
4. Of the heroes you had with you, did you have one capable of creating the weapon that wasnt tasked out/dazed (temporaries cant do this, only w101 members can, you can see what each member wields what weapon and their stats and levels on the pause screen) if you dont have any members with that weapon available when you draw it, it cant form.
5. Did you have enough battery?

Also, I dont know if this applies to you, but ive seen quite a few who thought you had to draw everytime, you dont need to draw every time. Only when you want to switch/do support attacks or increase size/power (last part negatable by equipping wonder charge in customs tab of options menu).

Once you draw the shape, you can press y to put it away, the game will remember what it was, and what size (for a time), all you have to do is push a to bring it back out.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#96 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Dont know what you are referring too.

This:

Ohm, Go into the pause menu, to the second menu and equip the rainbow colored 'full auto'. The computer will begin assisting you with combos, and even block or dodge for you sometimes.

But I just realized that you weren't talking to me.

Probably because you didnt have enough ingrediants. All it gives you are consumables that the demo gives you like candy anyways.

Icons lit up on the right side and figured that I used enough ingredients but... it didn't work for some reason. Like the game explained to me how it worked anyway.

Im not even sure what the middle of this is supposed to mean, but the quote function doesnt always work correctly for mobile browsers/wii u.

If the [ quote] tag failed then, oh ok. You have ever had this person repeating what you say to annoy the crap out of you? That's what supposed to mean but if the browser is at fault, well, discard that part completely.

Thats cool dude, you arent trying to tell people who do enjoy it that they are full of crap and its a bad game, just because you personally are having trouble/scared off. Theres a pretty big difference between what you've posted and what certain other people have.

If you go into the options, under the second tab labeled 'custom' there should be four gems you can equip, the last one will be rainbowy, its called 'full auto', if you equip that, the cpu will help you out with some of the combos, and even blocking sometimes. Should make the game a little less intimidating.

Thanks and thanks again for the tip. However, I'm scared off for good. Last time it happened, it was when I was playing Half-Life 2 and there was this long tongue hanging-from-the-ceiling monsters around a corner. It had been a while since I saw one of those guys so I took for granted that they disappeared for good. So, I turned a corner quick and one of those was RIGHT there and scared the crap out of me, so much that I shot a full clip of pistol at it. After that gaming session, I never played the game again. FACT.
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#97 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

i had trouble switching between heroes.

That is a legitimate gripe. It wasnt really taught that well. And isn't intuitive.

Perhaps platinum can tweak some things before release.

#98 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Switching between heroes is easy you draw a new weapon thats it folks come on now....

#99 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Looks like there is something special in Platinum games only their fans could understand and, guess what - they're not that many. It's not the company having a curse, it is it just sucking pretty hard.

Just kidding, don't overreact again. But they shouldn't have published such an elaborate game to the mass public because they aren't nearly as many Platinum Games fans owning a Wii U as the company needs to sell the game successfully. It may be a great game but judging by the comments it's complexity is putting people off. We don't live in the '90s anymore when you had to use your brain to beat a game, nowadays people are too lazy to play a game like the W101 the way it is meant to be played.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#100 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

Looks like there is something special in Platinum games only their fans could understand and, guess what - they're not that many. It's not the company having a curse, it is it just sucking pretty hard.

Just kidding, don't overreact again. But they shouldn't have published such an elaborate game to the mass public because they aren't nearly as many Platinum Games fans owning a Wii U as the company needs to sell the game successfully. It may be a great game but judging by the comments it's complexity is putting people off. We don't live in the '90s anymore when you had to use your brain to beat a game, nowadays people are too lazy to play a game like the W101 the way it is meant to be played.

Honestly... I don't think it's overly complicated in a hard to play way. And I'm saying it as someone who scored very poorly by the end of the demo lol. The only flaw of the demo was dropping you right into the action, with the only obvious help for noobs being short on screen hints, no time to practice one feature at a time, with other help being relatively hidden. (visited the menu several times and didn't even realize that there were gems to cheat your way out)

I'm sure the actual game will be easier and less chaotic from the start. So... I think this game can easily have mass appeal in a sort of "easy to learn hard to master" sort of way, even if that means a lot of people who enjoyed the game ends up with bronze trophies or lower lol. This seems to be similar to the whole Monster Hunter demo problem. It was more a demo for previous fans than people looking to get into the series. They did over power you, but you were sorta on your own to figure it all out.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!