Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

I was actually rather impressed with the game and am tempted to buy it.  The trailer and the demo showed the game had far more depth than I thought it would have.

I played it on easy mode and never got less than a gold medal.  Was kind of winging it and not paying much attention, but it did feel like there were times when the game should have explained something. I didn't realize I had to have unite hand equipped to turn something, though I figured it out eventually.  Suppose it is kind of obvious in hindsight.

I do like how very stylized it is.  Kind of game where just watching it makes me smile.

#42 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Kamiya and Platinum Games, besides being relatively young in the industry, really know what they do (look at their curriculum), and they arent conventional at all. This game is pretty ambicious (damn, they even game Kamiya his own Nintendo Direct, which never happened ever!), and for action game fans, its full of fun! Maybe if you dont like/suck at- action games, its obviously not for you. And thats acceptable: i dont like FPS's, i suck at them, that's why i avoid them.

Yeah, maybe that's the issue with me, I just don't like games that oriented towards action, maybe that's why I called it shallow the first time because, when I think about what 3Dude said, it can be really deep if you're aiming to become the highest score possible and not just mashing buttons to finish it quickly. Like someone said before (I think it was in the direct thread for the W101) it is either love it or hate it. I'll maybe give this game a try just to go on the other side to see if they have cookies.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#43 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'm sick of people on this forum going crazy whenever someone expresses a different opinion to their own. Just because people dislike this game doesn't mean they are bad at it and can't be bothered to learn how to play it right. 3Dude is constantly using that to defend games he loves whenever someone criticises it. And it's getting very old now.

This game isn't terrible, but it is by no means perfect. It is a pretty average game. Some people on here need to learn that just because you think something is fantastic doesn't mean everyone else has to as well.

#44 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

I'm sick of people on this forum going crazy whenever someone expresses a different opinion to their own. Just because people dislike this game doesn't mean they are bad at it and can't be bothered to learn how to play it right. 3Dude is constantly using that to defend games he loves whenever someone criticises it. And it's getting very old now.

This game isn't terrible, but it is by no means perfect. It is a pretty average game. Some people on here need to learn that just because you think something is fantastic doesn't mean everyone else has to as well.

whoa, chillax dude! im sorry if you felt identified with what i said...

but then again, if you read carefully, i didnt "went crazy" over those opinions, i only said i dislike when people pulls the old "overrated" card when they just dont like something. iirc you simply stated a few comments back that you werent interested on the game and thats fine, but a lot of members here posted some stuff that really makes me sad...

actually 3dude is one of the few members who backs up his arguments instead of just using his opinions as facts like most people here do, he didnt say anything that wasnt true about the controls/tutorials.

if you didnt like the game and its nothing too relevant for you that's fine and respectable, but the people going "omg this game is horrendous, you guys are overrating it cause i say so"...well, that's another league.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster, 10 August 2013 - 11:25 PM.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#45 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

there is one thing to have an opinion and another thing to come off as just biased for some reason. like when (i have heard people say this) the gameplay is linear and isnt much to the game but just a simple beat em up. that total opposite from what the game really is. it has a deep combat system that if a person doesnt take the time to learn then why down the game and say its something it really isnt.

#46 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

I agree with your comments. And 3dude and certain other people just seem like putting people down and make out like they're gods gift to gaming. Too many people here seem to defend 3dude out of blindness thinking he is is so clever with what he says when anyone can do research on the Internet and come up with the same information and wording.

As for this game it is overrated and shallow not to mention technically flawed. Drawing whether on the screen or using an analogue stick is not precise in the least and hit or miss. Plus there is often lots of stuff going on on the screen the graphics don't help in keeping track of whats going on. Too many people are justifying this game because its a Wii U exclusive and they are counting on it to be a saviours for the Wii U when there is no way its going to be. It may sell a few thousand or even hundred thousand copies but its not going to be a system seller or save the Wii U. Its too much of a niche games for that. And that is the problem with Platinum and Clover games. They are way to obscure and are part of a niche genre to sell well enough to have any impact.

If people like this game and are planning on buying it then that's fine but this game is not one of those top notch AAA games.

#47 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

i agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, & everyones opinion should be respected unless they have a habit of trolling etc.

i know this a Nintendo/WiiU forum so there will be a little biased opinion, which is fine, but it seems that each WiiU gaming coming out is going to be a system seller & the game that saves the WiiU, yet none of them have.

i have had most Nintendo consoles over the years & i had hoped as i was lead to believe by Nintendo/Iawata that the WiiU would be different, but it's not, it's worse, people can no longer justify buying a expensive console for a couple of games over it's lifespan, no matter how fantastic the games are.

#48 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

It's Pikmin with sick air combos. I'm genuinely amazed people aren't enjoying this.

#49 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

It's Pikmin with sick air combos. I'm genuinely amazed people aren't enjoying this.

Its not for everyone and thats ok. but coming in and writing something the game is not is just offensive. like i guess 90% of the people on here and 90% of the journalist out there giving previews are making things up about this game.

#50 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

I think NSMBU, ZombiU, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U... are reasons to own a Wii U. However, perhaps, on that level that they "only" become really interesting while already having the console - and not titles that makes you MUST HAVE THAT CONSOLE. I think titles such as X, Mario Kart 8, SM3DWorld and the next (not the HD-remaster) The Legend of Zelda will sell consoles to a segment of gamers that after that will get their eyes on these smaller titles - including The Wonderful 101.

Edited by LaserSWE, 11 August 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#51 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

its a strange one for me, I was looking forward to this one and had no interest in pickmin 3 I was so surprised just how good pickmin 3 is and my son has just completed it , got to try the demo out of 101 but feel that its not the game I thought it would be

#52 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

So far, all the wii U games are trash in my opinion, including Pikmin 3.

The wonderful 101 demo was much better than any of the wii U games that are out. This could possibly be the first game that is worth my praise on Wii U.

#53 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

This thread keeps getting funnier and funnier.  :D

Edited by TriplePower, 11 August 2013 - 07:27 AM.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#54 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

Tried the demo and didn't like it.  I'm not saying the game is as bad as hitler or anything, it's just doesn't seem like my thing.  

I didn't turn it on for play five minutes and leave, I stuck for a while to get a feel for it and it just isn't for me.

I see why people do like it though.

#55 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

Man this is really divide its either love it or hate i. Itll be funny when people who cant play it or supposedly hate it buy it on day 1

#56 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

I agree with your comments. And 3dude and certain other people just seem like putting people down and make out like they're gods gift to gaming. Too many people here seem to defend 3dude out of blindness thinking he is is so clever with what he says when anyone can do research on the Internet and come up with the same information and wording.

Yes, yes they could, if they put the tiniest microcosm of effort into their idle opinion they could back it facts or find out it doesnt hold any weight with reality. Its almost like im constantly telling people to put in some effort and support their opinions. But they never do.

As for this game it is overrated and shallow not to mention technically flawed.

It hasnt even been rated yet, shallow is factually wrong, as well as technically flawed.

Drawing whether on the screen or using an analogue stick is not precise in the least and hit or miss.

No, its actually completely rock solid, you just suck, and have your head shoved way too far up your rectum to even consider changing your self fulfilling prophecy. They are the same drawing controls critically and unanimously praised with platinum/clovers previous game Okami, which recieved over 30 awards, many for its innovative 'celestial brush' mechanic, which is reborn as unite morph here. Its also much faster and simpler to draw than okami.

Plus there is often lots of stuff going on on the screen the graphics don't help in keeping track of whats going on.

Those statements are completely unrelated. Your brain cant keep track with whats going on. Probably because you dont understand what you are doing.

Too many people are justifying this game because its a Wii U exclusive and they are counting on it to be a saviours for the Wii U when there is no way its going to be.

No, thats a narrative you completely made up born of ignorance and bias.

If youll notice, these people are ALL clover/platinum fans, who follow the great games from ps2 to cube to wii to 360/ps3.

The reason we KNOW you are full of crap and just suckis because unlike you, we know where this game came from. W101 isnt just some game that fell out of nowhere made by nobodies and just happens to be a wii u exclusive.

It comes from a looooooooooong line of critically and user acclaimed games praised for the very mechanics and deep gameplay in thew101 you are trying to pass off as shallow and technically flawed, except refined with over a decade of experience.

We know you are full of crap, because if what you are trying to say is true here, it would be true for every other clover/platinum/kamiyah game they are featured in.

250px-VJbox.jpg
okami_cover_original.jpg
445101_53565_front.jpg
bayonetta_ps3_japanese_box_cover.jpg
_-Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance-PC-_.jpg

It may sell a few thousand or even hundred thousand copies but its not going to be a system seller or save the Wii U. Its too much of a niche games for that. And that is the problem with Platinum and Clover games. They are way to obscure and are part of a niche genre to sell well enough to have any impact.

Who are you even talking to. Only one single person, has claimed this.

If people like this game and are planning on buying it then that's fine but this game is not one of those top notch AAA games.

AAA is a bracket designation for a production advertising budget, you poor brainwashed tool. It has absolutely nothing to do with a game being top notch. In fact, since the bloated business model has started flooding the market with them, a great many AAA games now are complete garbage.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#57 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

I genuinely tried the demo yesterday evening and... it's not my cup of tea. There is a lot on the screen going on at once and I get myself lost in that. Also, there might be videos tutorial and stuff but I feel that the game should make an interactive training session, especially in the drawing segment of the game with "punching bag enmmies" (ennemies that doesn't budge or if they do, they don't attack) and then gradually introduce action. What I played is a game that drops you directly into action with very little to help you out: Use "something" (/reference) to attack! Then, the action grows more intense and then it says "you can draw figures!" when you are already overloaded with checking the gamepad and then the mainscreen trying to figure out what to do. Argh. Again, I like action games but not this kind and that's probably what make me suck very hard.

The graphics however are pretty darn good. The greatest surprise I had was: Japanese audio with English subs! Wiis dubs, all hail original audio and language! (says somebody that loves anime and used to watch them a lot)

On that, take my opinion with a grain of salt because I'm not in this kind of game. Maybe Pikmin may be more suited for me than W101.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#58 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

I genuinely tried the demo yesterday evening and... it's not my cup of tea. There is a lot on the screen going on at once and I get myself lost in that. Also, there might be videos tutorial and stuff but I feel that the game should make an interactive training session, especially in the drawing segment of the game with "punching bag enmmies" (ennemies that doesn't budge or if they do, they don't attack) and then gradually introduce action.
Actually, every clover/platinum game has done exactly what you requested since viewtiful joe.

So will this. It wont just hurl you into the middle of the game like the demo. Im honestly not looking forward to it and hope it can be skipped/turned off. Oh well.

Ohm, Go into the pause menu, to the second menu and equip the rainbow colored 'full auto'. The computer will begin assisting you with combos, and even block or dodge for you sometimes.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#59 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

so this turned out to be a "we dont like 3dude" thread?

also, the "we need a tutorial" argument shows why today's gamers cant beat the first super mario game: no instinct left (specially considering they have mentioned how to play the game each time they have mentioned it on nintendo directs, there are gameplay videos on youtube and even there is the platinum games' blog dedicated to the game where they take you by the hand on getting into the game mechanics)

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster, 11 August 2013 - 07:57 AM.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#60 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

so this turned out to be a "we dont like 3dude" thread?

also, the "we need a tutorial" argument shows why today's gamers cant beat the first super mario game: no instinct left (specially considering they have mentioned how to play the game each time they have mentioned it on nintendo directs, there are gameplay videos on youtube and even there is the platinum games' blog dedicated to the game where they take you by the hand on getting into the game mechanics)

And there is also:

1. The gamepad screen showing you how to draw the shapes the whole time.

2. The game pad quick help menu gives a list of explanations.

3. On main screen popups telling how to use team attacks with unite attacks, and also popping up everytime you are near an object that can be interacted with a power, like turning knobs.

4. The pause menu has a tab that details special moves, with videos showing how they are used.

5. A provided home menu e instruction book.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!