#21 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Worked just fine in okami. You just seem adverse to learning new things, because in order to get good at something new, you first have to be bad at it. But you REALLY dont like thinking or figuring things out. You want everything done for you.

If you DID actually try to learn things on your own, you would have mitigated your dislike for having to draw so much by equipping the unite force gem, and simply held down the a button to max size your unite weapon, instead of drawing people in.

Not liking a style of game is COMPLETELY different than pretending you are awesome at this style of game and thus state you can tell its 'shallow' and 'poorly done' when you dont have the first clue how to play.

That would be either a silver or bronze medal.

Which would be B.ad or C.rappy in the viewtiful joe rankings that started the rank structure. And thats with lucking out with platinums on 2 puzzle missions you almost cant get less on. The game knows you button mashed. Congratulations, you made it through a demo by button mashing and got a horrible score.

Unless you learn how to play, you wont make it past the tutorial level of a platinum/clover action game. This ISNT a grasshopper/suda game.

Preach!

I can't wait to hear their thoughts once Bayonetta 2 comes out.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#22 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Worked just fine in okami. You just seem adverse to learning new things, because in order to get good at something new, you first have to be bad at it. But you REALLY dont like thinking or figuring things out. You want everything done for you.

If you DID actually try to learn things on your own, you would have mitigated your dislike for having to draw so much by equipping the unite force gem, and simply held down the a button to max size your unite weapon, instead of drawing people in.

Not liking a style of game is COMPLETELY different than pretending you are awesome at this style of game and thus state you can tell its 'shallow' and 'poorly done' when you dont have the first clue how to play.

That would be either a silver or bronze medal.

Which would be B.ad or C.rappy in the viewtiful joe rankings that started the rank structure. And thats with lucking out with platinums on 2 puzzle missions you almost cant get less on. The game knows you button mashed. Congratulations, you made it through a demo by button mashing and got a horrible score.

Unless you learn how to play, you wont make it past the tutorial level of a platinum/clover action game. This ISNT a grasshopper/suda game.

it doesn't show you how to play/control whats going on on the screen for a start & secondly it was a selection of in game missions.

i am not the only one saying this, there are many people on other forums saying & thinking the very same thing i have wrote, some are even cancelling orders they have for the full game, i even might do so i can pick it up later cheaper, i will keep playing the demo over to see how it goes, but i just don't see what all the fuss/hype is about.

#23 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

I really liked the demo and am buying this day one. I can't see why people are complaining about the controls they are really easy to use and I had no difficulty drawing on the pad. I actually like drawing it on the touch screen then with the thumb stick, thumb stick drawing sucks :P

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

POPULAR

it doesn't show you how to play/control whats going on on the screen for a start & secondly it was a selection of in game missions.

i am not the only one saying this, there are many people on other forums saying & thinking the very same thing i have wrote, some are even cancelling orders they have for the full game, i even might do so i can pick it up later cheaper, i will keep playing the demo over to see how it goes, but i just don't see what all the fuss/hype is about.

It does, in SOOOOO many ways.

1. it shows in an on screen tutorial i have to turn off every time.

2 it shows you on a quick help guide on the game pad screen.

4. It shows you WITH VIDEO on one of the pause menu screens.

5. It has a home menu manual.

If these people cant even figure out how to look for instructions, their reactions to the faaaaaaaaaar more complex combat system and gameplay dont surprise me in the slightest.

All they are are a bunch of fad riding sunshine boys who have NO idea what this game is or where it came from, and never played any clover or platinum games. If they did, theyd already be able to figure out how to play and scoring insane multi unite air juggles that send a boss so high off screen it takes 15 seconds for him to come back down.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

POPULAR

You guys cling to every game that comes out as THE REASON to own the Wii U.

First it was zombiu, then monster hunter, then pikmin and now wonderful 101.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

I can't really see how some of you guys don't think it's fantastic, maybe you just aren't action game fans.

Also I doubt it's in any way shallow, once the full game is out and you've unlocked more moves and different combos I'm sure it will be an incredible experience. Like most games platinum have made

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#27 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

This game is a day one purchase for me.

Graphics are sublime with impressive shaders that look unlike anything I have seen on PS360. In my opinion the game feels like a cross between Pikmin and Viewtiful Joe with comic style visuals brought to life. Controls are very good, as is the framerate. Gamepad use is impressive and VERY useful to have that second screen.

Scrolling through all the options and different hero's/civilians you can recruit plus the 3 or 4 beautifully animated different bosses (in one demo I should add) it seems the game will be huge. Maybe that's why the devs are not bothering about DLC, it's that big. Maybe Wii U devs are finally cramming those 25GB discs?

Button mashing? Viewtiful Joe had real nice timing in combat, do you really think those same devs would compromise that for button mashing! The guide even tells you tips and when to finish off enemies.

The developers have created something amazing and unfortunately I feel the game will not be appreciated by ignorance.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 10 August 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#28 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

i tend to agree & when W101 fails as the others have done, it will be Kart & then Zelda.

i tend to agree & when W101 fails as the others have done, it will be Kart & then Zelda.

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

I can't really see how some of you guys don't think it's fantastic, maybe you just aren't action game fans.

Also I doubt it's in any way shallow, once the full game is out and you've unlocked more moves and different combos I'm sure it will be an incredible experience. Like most games platinum have made

well, games are technically th e reason to kwn a gaming system.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Btw I suggest people watch this video to get a better understanding of the game and the demo

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Fails? Depends on what you are talking about.

At being an awesome game? The games going to be amazing. The demos already amazing.

Commercially? Probably, its the clover/platinum curse. They release some of the most amazing games ever made, hell they took game of the year away from zelda with okami, yet are compleley ignored commercially. Its why clover was dissolved after releasing some of the biggest critical hits on the ps2 and cube.

Though I suspect this will do very well for them. Even if its the best selling clover/platinum game ever, selling twice as much as the highest selling platinum/clover game...

Were talking like, 1.5-2 million tops.

If it sells just 1 million on the wii u with its measly install base, it will be the biggest hit platinum/clover ever had.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

At being an awesome game? The games going to be amazing. The demos already amazing.

Commercially? Probably, its the clover/platinum curse. They release some of the most amazing games ever made, hell they took game of the year away from zelda with okami, yet are compleley ignored commercially. Its why clover was dissolved after releasing some of the biggest critical hits on the ps2 and cube.

Though I suspect this will do very well for them. Even if its the best selling clover/platinum game ever, selling twice as much as the highest selling platinum/clover game...

If it sells just 1 million on the wii u with its measly install base, it will be the biggest hit platinum/clover ever had.

sells 1 million ! there are only 3 million WiiU's out-there !

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

sells 1 million ! there are only 3 million WiiU's out-there !

Yup. And there were 30 million cubes for viewtiful joe, 60 million ps3's and 360's when bayonetta released, and 90 million ps2's for okami.

Thats the clover/platinum curse. I dont expect it to break. But thats what it would take. Just 1 million.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

well, games are technically th e reason to kwn a gaming system.

There's never one game worth buying a console for.
You buy multiple games to make a console worth buying.

You create a list, like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, and Trine 2 make the Wii U an understandable purchase for anyone interested in those games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

There's never one game worth buying a console for.
You buy multiple games to make a console worth buying.

You create a list, like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, and Trine 2 make the Wii U an understandable purchase for anyone interested in those games.

Well then, well done.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Everyone has opinions and i respect that. but some of these comments seem so out ofplce its not funny. the game is exactly what i wanted in the game and that much more. great DEEP gameplay, polished graphics and great artstyle, and even more thani thought it has a story the has me interested.

#37 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Sounds like me
Expect the worse so that way your never disappointed.
That's my life.
And I still need to download this game it seems like it would be fun but been on the fence about it but a demo should help me make up my mind.

I think my philosophy is better. "Never be impressed." Anyway it looks better than it did a year ago. I'm still not that interested but at least I'm not ignoring it anymore.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#38 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Did pretty poorly myself, but I suck at action games. :P Couldn't figure out how to do anything beyond the basic B+A and having multiple unite morphs out at once.And I don't mean the drawing and controls, that stuff was fine. I looked at the options before playing the demo, and it listed the controls. I'm questioning reviews where people somehow had trouble drawing the symbols... Though I admit it was a little picky with the right angle morph, the circle and straight lines worked perfectly. I liked it, considering purchasing. It has a nice aesthetic too.

Posted Image

#39 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

So, the key word here (and the rest of the internet it seems) is calling anything "overrated" when you dont like it? (be it games, movies, books, etc. ANYTHING can be called overrated and constroversy will show up. Its a never ending cycle)

Kamiya and Platinum Games, besides being relatively young in the industry, really know what they do (look at their curriculum), and they arent conventional at all. This game is pretty ambicious (damn, they even game Kamiya his own Nintendo Direct, which never happened ever!), and for action game fans, its full of fun! Maybe if you dont like/suck at- action games, its obviously not for you. And thats acceptable: i dont like FPS's, i suck at them, that's why i avoid them.

But the whole "meh i couldnt find the tutorial, i died in the first mission, too much on the screen: therefore its overrated" really makes no sense, its pointless and laughable at best.

Also, calling something overrated is passing your opinions as facts, and no one will take that.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#40 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

I found the game to be very good to look at its all over the place but its not my cup of tea. I found that when playing Pikmin 3 for a good 15 to 20 mins I knew I was gonna like it while 101 just feels to crazy too much of an arcade feel to it and that's just a turn off for me. Still I can't argue with its polish and visuals but I'm going to skip this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!