Photo

Xbox One Will STILL Function if Kinect Isn't Plugged In.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Since Kinect must be plugged in for the Xbox One to function, what happens if your Kinect breaks? Like if it falls off the top of your TV onto a hardwood floor or something? Will the console cease to function?

WHITTEN: Xbox One is designed to work with Kinect plugged in. It makes gaming better in many ways – from the ability to say “Xbox On” and get right to your personalized homescreen, to the ability to control your TV through voice, Smartglass and more. Kinect allows you to search for your content, instantly move between games and your personalized dash and more with just your voice. Kinect helps you pick up and play by automatically knowing which controller you have in your hands. No more need to interrupt your friends game or navigate through multiple UI screens to sign in and tell the system which controller you are holding. It will even bind the controller to the console if its currently unbound – no searching for special buttons! Of course – these are just a few of the system wide benefits of having Kinect. Games use Kinect in a variety of amazing ways from adding voice to control your squad mates to adding lean and other simple controls beyond the controller to full immersive gameplay. That said, like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn’t plugged in, although you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor.

http://www.ign.com/a...-about-xbox-one

Xbox 180 confirmeddd. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

What next, no more pay to play online?

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

It's a Christmas miracle, Charlie Brown!

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

OHHHH MAAHHHHH GOSHHHHH FREAKING XBOX 180!!!! HELLLSSSS YUSSSSS

lmao seeing as it doesn't need it, it would be pretty likely to expect a new Gamescom bundle, one with Kinect One, and one without, with the prior retaining the $499 price, and the latter taking a $299-$399 price, likely $299 if they want more consumers to purchase one, AND considering its plausible if Kinect costs just as much to make as the console itself,
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

I LOVE the way they explain how the Kinect is soooooo great in a giant paragraph before actually answering the question that was asked.

Eh... nothing is going to change my hatred towards Microsoft, NOTHING (unless of course they do something completely for the customer and it's actually worth forgiving them for).

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

I was planing to post this :(

Very good news, I have no real interest in kinect, did they mention anything about a cheaper bundle without kinect?
If so I'll probably get x1 over ps4

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#7 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hey, at least there's another positive to maybe get the Xbone. 

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Everyone stand up for the Microsoft national anthem

794144.png?13383682

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

This is great news but honestly, none of the reversals changed my stance on the system: that it is a capable system with cool features, but it doesn't have any exclusive software that interests me, so I won't get one. I feel the same way about the PS4 (but inFamous is interesting me). I don't care about Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Drive Club, Operation Overdrive, or Forza 5, and every third party game that I'm interested in (Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4, Titanfall, MGSV, and Battlefield 4 are all coming to current gen consoles and Wii U.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

That makes it... what... the XBOX 900? They've been making so many 180s I lost count.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm not sure why people think this is great news. Another u-turn from MS just shows how out of touch they are with consumers. They don't care about making a good product, they just care about money.

#12 JoonKimDMD

JoonKimDMD

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

I can't wait to have xbox one. I am gonna get dead rising 3 for sure~ not sure about Ryse though ' - ' 

#13 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:17 AM

dont care what they do,they could launch with a £200 price and i still wont be getting a xbox...ps4 all the way for me :)

#14 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

Great! The system just keeps getting better and fanboys are quickly losing their ammo against the Xbox 1. Of course you still have the people who won't buy it due to their silly hatred for Microsoft and they'll come up with any excuse they can. (I can understand the people who want other consoles for their exclusives, that's totally understandable.) Now release a version without the Kinect and everything will be perfect for me!

Complain about the forced policies, and complain more when they are backtracking to remove them. You can't please everybody!

Edited by Gaymer, 13 August 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#15 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

I'm not sure why people think this is great news. Another u-turn from MS just shows how out of touch they are with consumers. They don't care about making a good product, they just care about money.

i disagree. Sort of. Microsoft might be all about the money, but their smart enough to know people want a good product. I will say this about American companies. They're not shy about making huge changes if they think it will improve their chances in the market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!