#81 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

It's Nintendo, you got to admit, they can be cheap. (Which is a good thing) The Wii sold at $250 at launch, or $200? Well, like I said, Nintendo is cheap. So, my guesses is that they will only bump it up $100 dollars. I say the price will be around an estimate of $350-$400.

#82 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

Anywhere from $300 to $400. We can only wait and find out.
Posted Image

#83 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:19 AM

I hate how people say they need to do the same as MS and Sony! One of the reasons I love Nintendo so much is that they're different! I like how they concentrate on gameplay and technology and not just graphics, they make gaming more interesting!! Whereas MS and Sony just concentrate on making their games look better :/. NINTENDO FTW!!!

Posted Image

#84 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

I hate how people say they need to do the same as MS and Sony! One of the reasons I love Nintendo so much is that they're different! I like how they concentrate on gameplay and technology and not just graphics, they make gaming more interesting!! Whereas MS and Sony just concentrate on making their games look better :/. NINTENDO FTW!!!

That's not really a fair assessment, they also care about online gameplay which swamps Nintendo's efforts in every way. They also have games that have some great gameplay in my opinion, Uncharted, Fable etc.

On a related note, I'm guessing between £300-£350/$350-$400
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#85 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

I think it will be $330 Controler $60 and games $50-60
Posted Image

#86 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

There's no way it will be $400...I'm thinking $350 tops...as far as all us die-hards are concerned, it probably doesn't matter that much where it falls between $300 and $350!

#87 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

As long as it isn't 599 US dollars, I'm fine with it.
Posted Image

#88 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:38 AM

Anything over $400 I'll probably have to pass, think it will be $350 anyway.

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#89 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

well, (for us brits... actually, I think I might be one of the only brits here)the 3DS was £220 at release (which is about $349), so I'm guessing the WiiU will be around £230-260, ($365-$413). That isn't actually that bad if you think about it: around £200 for the console, about £30-40 on the controller, and about £10 on the extra stuff (ie, cables, sensor bar(if the wiiU has one... I haven't thought about that actually), etc.).

Oh, and the thing I said earlier about MS and Sony, I take that back (a bit). MS do concentrate on Live, which is an awesome experience, some of the games are pretty good, but I think there are only mainly FPS, Racing and sports games on there (more of an RPG fan myself... and mario... and zelda... and, well you get the message). Sony only really concentrates on graphics, online is just as good, if not worse, than the wiis, the games on there are, again, FPS, racing and sports. Plus they got hacked, AND nintendo got hacked by the same people later, but nintendo's just so ninja that they evaded it (or whatever your supposed to call it).

Anyway, I've gone majorly off-topic there, so if you have anything else to say about that, PM me :D

Posted Image

#90 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

I live in Australia, and EB has it for pre-order at $598 (something like 350-400 US I'm guessing). That's about $400 AUD less than PS3 at launch or something.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#91 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

well, (for us brits... actually, I think I might be one of the only brits here)the 3DS was £220 at release (which is about $349), so I'm guessing the WiiU will be around £230-260, ($365-$413). That isn't actually that bad if you think about it: around £200 for the console, about £30-40 on the controller, and about £10 on the extra stuff (ie, cables, sensor bar(if the wiiU has one... I haven't thought about that actually), etc.).

Oh, and the thing I said earlier about MS and Sony, I take that back (a bit). MS do concentrate on Live, which is an awesome experience, some of the games are pretty good, but I think there are only mainly FPS, Racing and sports games on there (more of an RPG fan myself... and mario... and zelda... and, well you get the message). Sony only really concentrates on graphics, online is just as good, if not worse, than the wiis

Not that bad indeed. In fact, do you guys realize that when you adjust for inflation, the Wii was the cheapest video game console released ever?

But I gotta call you out about the online. The Wii's online is absolutely atrocious. It's a feature that I think would actually be better off not being there. If you're going to put online on the box of a game, make it a feature that works. It's little more in my eyes than a pathetic husk of a network, pitifully trudging along to fulfill its primary directive of sending out old roms for ten dollars. PSN is worse? Please...I'd rather have my identity stolen a hundred times than to have to suffer through a single match of online Brawl.

#92 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

Oh, and the thing I said earlier about MS and Sony, I take that back (a bit). MS do concentrate on Live, which is an awesome experience, some of the games are pretty good, but I think there are only mainly FPS, Racing and sports games on there (more of an RPG fan myself... and mario... and zelda... and, well you get the message). Sony only really concentrates on graphics, online is just as good, if not worse, than the wiis, the games on there are, again, FPS, racing and sports. Plus they got hacked, AND nintendo got hacked by the same people later, but nintendo's just so ninja that they evaded it (or whatever your supposed to call it).

Anyway, I've gone majorly off-topic there, so if you have anything else to say about that, PM me :)

Our moderator is a 'Brit', so am I, so is Ha-ha no, so is Epic Kirby, I could go on ;)

Your price estimation is optimistic, after the 3DS stunt I expect the Wii U to cost nothing less than £299.99 though I expect the price may drop if there is another retail battle like before. Maybe $300 for America, if they want to keep it competitively priced compared to the PS3 and 360.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#93 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

I would really want it to be $0, but I guess it will be $280-$320
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#94 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

I would really want it to be $0, but I guess it will be $280-$320

So do I, because with the Australian dollar being slightly stronger than the US lately.

I'd also get 5 cents with my Wii U. XD

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#95 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

So do I, because with the Australian dollar being slightly stronger than the US lately.

I'd also get 5 cents with my Wii U. XD

I feel bad for Australians. I feel good for Europeans. I feel slightly but not too much bad for America/Canada/me.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#96 Wix

Wix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Assassin's Creed

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:13 AM

http://www.game.no/a...ntendo_Wii.html

4888 NOK.

"But Wix, why should I even care about the NORWEGIAN price?"

Well, you see, GAME sold the Nintendo 3DS for 2499 NOK when it launched. The price is exactly doubled for the Wii U. If this price is not a placeholder, we can assume that the Wii U price will be about double the price of the Nintendo 3DS in other countries, riiiight?

US: $500 (3DS price $250)
GB: £340-460 (3DS price £170-230)
EU: €440 (3DS price €220)
etc....

Thoughts?

i sold my brain on ebay

wob wob wob wob

i still love marina :'(

#97 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

o_O $500! Well, I guess it's better than $599. I'm gonna hope that this is just a place holder.
Posted Image

#98 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:56 AM

Oh for god's sake. It's a year off! It's a place holder! There is no way in hell Nintendo would even think of selling it for $500!

#99 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 December 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#100 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

o_O $500! Well, I guess it's better than $599. I'm gonna hope that this is just a place holder.

That's the spirit! :P
Anyways, I highly doubt this being true, only because Nintendo likes to be on the cheap side

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!