Photo

Have they even started on Metroid for the Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

We all know Nintendo has had a rough few months but I just don't understand how a massive company that has been around forever did not have a kickass launch with the amount of franchies they have.

When I heard retro was doing donkey kong I got pretty depressed becasue that could mean they have not even started on Metroid... that could mean nothing will come out for 2/3 years. :unsure:

Nintendo also wants to put out more mario, why? after Super mario bros u and super luigi i would have thought they would do somthing different but they're playing it very safe and it's boring.. What games are they making that will make people that don't own a Wii U buy one? I was sitting on the fence about buying a gamecube back in the day, but resident evil remake/0 and metroid prime sold me on it.. where are those types of games now.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

They are going to start making it a few months after DKCTB has came out. Nintendo know they need games for the Wii u and a Metroid is one which will sell it. I would be surprised if they don't get retro to make a Metroid after DKCTB

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

They are going to start making it a few months after DKCTB has came out. Nintendo know they need games for the Wii u and a Metroid is one which will sell it. I would be surprised if they don't get retro to make a Metroid after DKCTB

That's like a three year wait then..

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Probably because while devs on ps360 were making games with teams of 300-500 Nintendo was making games with teams of 50-80.

Nintendo attempted to ramp up and expand theeir human resources in preparation of being prepared for the increase of workload that would come from a machine so much more vastly powerful than anything theyve ever had.

Retro had, prior (couple months) to the dkc u announcement 155 team members that was a large expansion.

Pikmin 3 had 120 something according to its credits.

Naughty dog had near 500 for the last of us. A metroid on wii u would require a similar number of staff to even hope of putting out what people would expect for a metroid on wii u.

The expansion was nowhere near enough.

Nintendo vastly, VASTLY under estimated the human resources required to get the output the wii u was capable of.

No, I dont think any substantial work on metroid u has taken place. at most sory boards and on.paper concepts.

But I think it will be pretty easy to tell when they start. When retros staff numbers double or triple, they are going to be starting/working on a metroid calibur (if not metroid, then a game of similar scope) project.

I dont see that happening until dkc is done.

If its not a retro metroid, we will see similar influxes of personell in one of nintendos other teams.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

I too can`t wait to see how the next Metroid will feel like. Although i sincerely hope they do more with the franchise - don`t really want a MP 4.

It`s understandable why they went with DKCR TP instead of a Metroid game. Saleswise it makes perfect sense, as Metroid games, except for Prime 1, haven´t really sold in the millions or even expanded the audience.

If it`s coming from Retro, my guess is something is already being done by now. It`s safe to assume that much given that DK is coming this year and it`s not that far away now.

Would be killer if they announce it at a ND this year or early next year.

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

They reall need this to move the Wii u. Along with a new Zelda.

Hopfully they will turn out something great with metriod, it can be so much on the wii u with the game pad.

You can already do scanning like zombiu.

Mapping like a lot of other games.

Off tv play.

Tilt control and you have more buttons to work with then the wii mote.

So we shall see how and when they build this.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Well I want a third DKC game near the end of the Wii U's life cycle. One with the return of K. Rool to complete a comeback trilogy (this one could have a bigger focus on story than the others). 

Although I would rather have Retro work on Metroid and let another one of Nintendo's teams take care of DK. Unless of course Retro could also do a DK game during or after Metroid. 

Edited by Hunter, 14 August 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

You mean metroid blast didn't count? I thought it was pretty good..

794144.png?13383682

#9 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Metroid would have utilized the Wii U gamepad a lot more than DK. It's a shame really that we probably won't see a Metroid in a good 2-3 years. 

#10 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

You mean metroid blast didn't count? I thought it was pretty good..

#11 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

I bet it's already in development. I can't see Nintendo sitting on Metroid.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

The expected lifespan of the Wii U is five years or more.

Edited by grahamf, 14 August 2013 - 08:19 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

Didn't Nintendo say either Retro had, or they were going to get Retro to have a second team so they could work on multiple projects at once?
Maybe they did start it.

I doubt it though.
It seems like a game they'd want everyone available to focus on.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

Didn't Nintendo say either Retro had, or they were going to get Retro to have a second team so they could work on multiple projects at once?
Maybe they did start it.

I doubt it though.
It seems like a game they'd want everyone available to focus on.

They said that retro was capable of making two projects at a time, but only one project would be a big project and another would be smaller. They haven't clarified whether DK is a big project or not, to me it seems like a level pack for the wii game with better graphics and a rotating camera. It can't be that big of a project, can it?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

^ it's a big project.

Also you guys should remember: Metroid does not sell that well. It's not Halo. Mario.games sell a lot more for example
No sig.

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

Why do people think that the new DK is "just the Wii Version with HD graphics" so assume it didn't take a lot of work? It's doesn't work like that.

#17 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:21 AM

Metroid is possibly the only game I'd pay full price for right now on the Wii U.  Everything else I can wait until they're dirt cheap considering everything else coming out this holiday season. 

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

Why do people think that the new DK is "just the Wii Version with HD graphics" so assume it didn't take a lot of work? It's doesn't work like that.

They at least don't have to work on the engine (except adding the spinning camera and other smaller tweaks). That's a bit less work. :/

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

If they have anything for a new Metroid I expect it to only be concepts and that's it right now that's about what I somewhat kinda expect at this point in time. I'd want to wait until any devs who make it fully and truly learn the systems capabilities and understand how to maximize what they can do with the system.

I don't want a half assed Metroid that could have been so much more if they knew what they where actually doing with it and the system.

To me the atmosphere of Metroid is very important and I want them to be able to use everything at their disposal to make it as great as possible. I want them to make it and I'm sure they will hopefully, but I'm fine with them taking their time with it and figuring out what to do with it. 

#20 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

I wonder how fans would react if there was no Metroid planned for Wii U at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!