Photo

Is this going to be the trend for Wii U 3rd Party Games?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

I dont know. Looking at the actual list of multiplatform-games that has either more or less.. it still looks pretty good.

In the favour of Wii U:

-  007 Legends

-  Batman: Arkham City

-  Darksiders II

-  Deus Ex: Human Revolution (or atleast, it was supposed to be..)

-  F1 Race Stars

-  Mass Effect 3

-  Need for Speed: Most Wanted

-  Ninja Gaiden 3 (although time-exclusive)

-  Rayman Legends (the Gamepad-levels are exclusive right?)

-  Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

-  Tekken Tag Tournament 2

-  The Amazing Spider-Man

-  Warriors Orochi 3

Games with lesser content

- Batman: Arkham Origins

- Injustice: Gods Among Us

- Sniper Elite V2

- Splinter Cell: Blacklist

- FIFA 13

- Madden NFL 13 (?)

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

Yes I do, you will be part of the problem.

If you really do want to play the online then I suggest you get it for one of the other consoles. There's nothing wrong with that.

But if you're just doing it because you think you're going to show these companies something then you will do nothing but prove them right.

Again, you're not going to win by not buying it. If you don't care about online then get the Wii U version. If people start buying 3rd party games and the Wii U starts to sell more then it will be worth them adding things like this in the future.

And yeah I'm assume it will be good, if its not then I suggest you probably don't buy it anyway...

I care about online.

So? And consumers are stupid for thinking they are going to change the actions of a massive company like Warner Bros.

It is the consumers fault if they don't care about the missing features.

Games like Splinter Cell are not half assed, they have features only found on Wii U. Yet everyone just jumps on the fact that its missing offline co-op. and I ask this people, if you had that feature would you actually play it?

If the answers no then you are the one being stupid.

http://money.howstuf.../capitalism.htm

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

I care about online.

http://money.howstuf.../capitalism.htm

And as I said, if you. Care about online, get it for another console.

What I'm saying which you seem to keep ignoring is if you DON'T care and yet don't get it to try and prove some sort of point, no one will care and you will simply miss out in something you could have enjoyed.

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

And as I said, if you. Care about online, get it for another console.

What I'm saying which you seem to keep ignoring is if you DON'T care and yet don't get it to try and prove some sort of point, no one will care and you will simply miss out in something you could have enjoyed.

I will get batman on steam.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm saying your excuse is unicorn tongue.
You buy a product because it has value to you.
If you own another console, that game is immediately devalued.
Even if you have no plans to use the online, you may want to try it out since it would potentially add 400 or more hours to your new game purchase.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

I will get batman on steam.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm saying your excuse is unicorn tongue.
You buy a product because it has value to you.
If you own another console, that game is immediately devalued.
Even if you have no plans to use the online, you may want to try it out since it would potentially add 400 or more hours to your new game purchase.

And it's fine to get it on some other platform, but if they then don't bring the next Batman to Wii U then I don't think you can have too many complaints regardless of whose 'fault' it is.

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

And it's fine to get it on some other platform, but if they then don't bring the next Batman to Wii U then I don't think you can have too many complaints regardless of whose 'fault' it is.

Better than expecting it to sell when it's not of the same value.
They'll lose the sales from uninformed people.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Better than expecting it to sell when it's not of the same value.
They'll lose the sales from uninformed people.

And as I said before, how much value is added by Wii U specific features?

#28 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Already at E3 2012 Nintendos major megaton was a montage of a bunch of PS360-games being confirmed for Wii U (they even used footage from the PS360-versions. Some games never even began development for Wii U, such as Metro and Dirt, they were just showned to clarify the vision).

The "thought-out" sellingpoint for Wii U was obviously Nintendo games in HD + all that Nintendo-only-gamers had missed out on due to the original Wii being a lesser platform in terms of hardware. Publishers went all in putting resources into bringing franchises like Mass Effect, Tekken, Darksiders, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Batman, Need for Speed and so on for the Wii U launchwindow - however they didnt sell. They didnt even make profit.

Not even the exclusive ZombiU was able to make profit - and that was still the best selling title from a third-party publisher. That says a lot. Third party had their first taste on how their core-games would fair on the Nintendo market. On Wii the best-selling games were Nintendo + party/fitness games. 1+1=2.

Perhaps they might had tried the Wii U waters for a second time if Nintendo themselves would have been able to bring out interesting, NEW and EXCLUSIVE content to create intrerest in the console. Early on. To create sales. They didnt. So sales instead became, basically, non-existent. Major publishers pulled out. Developers found the platform uninteresting. Ubisoft backed down from developing more exclusive titles for the platform. Both Activision and Ubisoft decided to at least "give it a year" - to see if Nintendo could save it with their Q4 titles.

Already a couple of months after release the platform felt dead. The only life came from Kickstarter-indie-campaigns for eShop titles - to be released in the future - if financed. Not every project became financed though, with promising titles as Buddy & Me, Dizzy and spiritual Eternal Darkness sequel Shadow of the Eternals not getting enough interest from Wii U gamers.

"Its just a window. We are in-between two generations. At E3 we will see a lot of new content being announced"

At E3 Ubisoft announced Just Dance 2014 for Wii U. Square Enix confirmed Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut as multiplatform. Lorne Lanning confirmed plans to bring a couple of Oddworld-games to eShop. That was that. Nintendo themselves announced their plans to save the console and the third-party support. A sequel to Super Mario 3D Land was announced instead of a real Super Mario-series sequel and the Retro Studios megaton became Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Promising titles Mario Kart 8, X, Bayonetta 2 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was as promised - there - but wont actually be HERE, in 2013, but later in 2014 and forward. In a year with ONE third-party title confirmed, that is if Slightly Mad still find it interesting to release Project CARS on the platform. Without a publisher it might also only become a eShop-release.

Activision was one of few publishers publishing plenty of more content going forward. Ultimately also they had to comment the situation though, confirming bad Black Ops II sales - going forward with easy-picky Skylanders, Angry Birds and other shovelware-kids and license-based games. No Destiny or Deadpool for Wii U. Call of Duty: Ghosts however were later confirmed after much dismay (problably after some Nintendo meetings, that is)

The Wii U market didnt want to buy the multiplatform-game that was released basically at the same time as the other versions.

The Wii U market didnt want to buy the multiplatform-game that had been greatly improved.

1+1 = Third-party produces lesser content for the console and in the same time has to take in mind that the game most likely wont sell that much. And those who actually do buy the game will problably be to few to make it worth the cost to produce and maintain a online community.

The situation has developed into this - so this is currently the conditions we have to live with. The only one that really can make a difference here is Nintendo. The fault is entirely theirs. They have to bring forward Wii U better. They have to bring forward content for Wii U better.

What we can do? Buy third-party content. That doesnt mean that one should buy mediocere games like Sniper Elite V2 or The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct "just because of it" - but at least show that we are here. That we are interested. Warner Bros isnt wronging us by not include online in Batman: Arkham Origins. They are actually taking a chance with even developing it for us.

You cant expect a company to put huge resources on something that wont work out. You have to keep in mind that its Wii U we are talking about. The worst selling main-Nintendo console to date. I will buy Arkham Origins on Wii U. I will buy Watch Dogs on Wii U. I will buy Blacklist on Wii U. Because I am interested in those games with or without some content. These KIND OF games. Because I want to show the publishers that - and that I want more - not only Nintendo titles and the occasional Activision shovelware-party game.

Edited by LaserSWE, 18 August 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#29 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

I wonder if Nintendo cares. They should add "no crappy ports with missing features" to their Quality Assurance.

Though if they did that, 3rd parties would throw a tantrum until they got their way. The current crop of talent is filled with spoiled brats who hate being told to do their jobs properly. 3rd parties in general have too much power in the industry and need to be cut down a notch.

Edited by Aiddon, 17 August 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#30 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Though if they did that, 3rd parties would throw a tantrum until they got their way. The current crop of talent is filled with spoiled brats who hate being told to do their jobs properly. 3rd parties in general have too much power in the industry and need to be cut down a notch.

The developers are not the people handling the cash.

Already at E3 2012 Nintendos major megaton was a montage of a bunch of PS360-games being confirmed for Wii U (they even used footage from the PS360-versions. Some games never even began development for Wii U, such as Metro and Dirt, they were just showned to clarify the vision).

The "thought-out" sellingpoint for Wii U was obviously Nintendo games in HD + all that Nintendo-only-gamers had missed out on due to the original Wii being a lesser platform in terms of hardware. Publishers went all in putting resources into bringing franchises like Mass Effect, Tekken, Darksiders, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Batman, Need for Speed and so on for the Wii U launchwindow - however they didnt sell. They didnt even make profit.

Not even the exclusive ZombiU was able to make profit - and that was still the best selling title from a third-party publisher. That says a lot. Third party had their first taste on how their core-games would fair on the Nintendo market. On Wii the best-selling games were Nintendo + party/fitness games. 1+1=2.

Perhaps they might had tried the Wii U waters for a second time if Nintendo themselves would have been able to bring out interesting, NEW and EXCLUSIVE content to create intrerest in the console. Early on. To create sales. They didnt. So sales instead became, basically, non-existent. Major publishers pulled out. Developers found the platform uninteresting. Ubisoft backed down from developing more exclusive titles for the platform. Both Activision and Ubisoft decided to at least "give it a year" - to see if Nintendo could save it with their Q4 titles.

Already a couple of months after release the platform felt dead. The only life came from Kickstarter-indie-campaigns for eShop titles - to be released in the future - if financed. Not every project became financed though, with promising titles as Buddy & Me, Dizzy and spiritual Eternal Darkness sequel Shadow of the Eternals not getting enough interest from Wii U gamers.

"Its just a window. We are in-between two generations. At E3 we will see a lot of new content being announced"

At E3 Ubisoft announced Just Dance 2014 for Wii U. Square Enix confirmed Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut as multiplatform. Lorne Lanning confirmed plans to bring a couple of Oddworld-games to eShop. That was that. Nintendo themselves announced their plans to save the console and the third-party support. A sequel to Super Mario 3D Land was announced instead of a real Super Mario-series sequel and the Retro Studios megaton became Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Promising titles Mario Kart 8, X, Bayonetta 2 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was as promised - there - but wont actually be HERE, in 2013, but later in 2014 and forward. In a year with ONE third-party title confirmed, that is if Slightly Mad still find it interesting to release Project CARS on the platform. Without a publisher it might also only become a eShop-release.

Activision was one of few publishers publishing plenty of more content going forward. Ultimately also they had to comment the situation though, confirming bad Black Ops II sales - going forward with easy-picky Skylanders, Angry Birds and other shovelware-kids and license-based games. No Destiny or Deadpool for Wii U. Call of Duty: Ghosts however were later confirmed after much dismay (problably after some Nintendo meetings, that is)

The Wii U market didnt want to buy the multiplatform-game that was released basically at the same time as the other versions.
The Wii U market didnt want to buy the multiplatform-game that had been greatly improved.

1+1 = Third-party produces lesser content for the console and in the same time has to take in mind that the game most likely wont sell that much. And those who actually do buy the game will problably be to few to make it worth the cost to produce and maintain a online community.

The situation has developed into this - so this is currently the conditions we have to live with. The only one that really can make a difference here is Nintendo. The fault is entirely theirs. They have to bring forward Wii U better. They have to bring forward content for Wii U better.

What we can do? Buy third-party content. That doesnt mean that one should buy mediocere games like Sniper Elite V2 or The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct "just because of it" - but at least show that we are here. That we are interested. Warner Bros isnt wronging us by not include online in Batman: Arkham Origins. They are actually taking a chance with even developing it for us.

You cant expect a company to put huge resources on something that wont work out. You have to keep in mind that its Wii U we are talking about. The worst selling main-Nintendo console to date. I will buy Arkham Origins on Wii U. I will buy Watch Dogs on Wii U. I will buy Blacklist on Wii U. Because I am interested in those games with or without some content. These KIND OF games. Because I want to show the publishers that - and that I want more - not only Nintendo titles and the occasional Activision shovelware-party game.

What we can do? Buy third-party content. That doesnt mean that one should buy mediocere games like Sniper Elite V2 or The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct "just because of it" - but at least show that we are here. That we are interested. Warner Bros isnt taking a revel in the beautiful sunshine in our faces by not include online in Batman: Arkham Origins. They are actually taking a chance with even developing it for us.

This is absolutely spot on. WB are taking a chance giving us Batman, and ultimately will need to do the port as cheap as possible knowing full well it's going to be difficult to make money on it.

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

The developers are not the people handling the cash.

This is absolutely spot on. WB are taking a chance giving us Batman, and ultimately will need to do the port as cheap as possible knowing full well it's going to be difficult to make money on it.

Nope, thats an a amateur pitfall. This will be a win for the short term, but a loss in the long term.

Right now, wii u may be in the doldrums, so you may not care about giving wii u owners inferior ports, as its cheaper and they arent worth the effort.

But if the wii u DOES Shake off these launch blues like 3ds, you are left with a userbase who remembers how you treated them lile garbage, and will spread the word all over miiverse.

You will be left with a gigantic market that wont touch your brand name with a 10ft pole. And well be back to hearing the old 'nintendo consoles only buy nintendo games' excuse.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

So you're saying they're testing the market for "hardcore" games on the Wii U with Batman?

Sounds very similar to the Wii generation... How'd that go?

Nope, thats an a amateur pitfall. This will be a win for the short term, but a loss in the long term.

Right now, wii u may be in the doldrums, so you may not care about giving wii u owners inferior ports, as its cheaper and they arent worth the effort.

But if the wii u DOES Shake off these launch blues like 3ds, you are left with a userbase who remembers how you treated them lile garbage, and will spread the word all over miiverse.

You will be left with a gigantic market that wont touch your brand name with a 10ft pole. And well be back to hearing the old 'nintendo consoles only buy nintendo games' excuse.

Oh look, I just randomly proved this poster to be correct.

Edited by Nollog, 17 August 2013 - 11:32 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

When you run businesses like these 3rd parties do they are all about short term thinking.

It's not going to change anything for those of us that do actually want 3rd party games though. The reality is if no one buys Batman regardless of what they offer then they will look at that as a reason to cut support.

Don't get me wrong I don't think this is right, and I absolutely think they should have put some real effort into lower budget games and helped get the Wii U going. At the end of the day they need consoles to sell games, and perhaps they could have helped themselves a bit here.

#34 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Like I said, spoiled brats, developers and publishers both . You can't expect people to buy something with cut features, that's just insane. And the fact that they'll inevitably throw tantrums when they're called out on their laziness and ineptitude is one reason why I don't sympathize or trust 3rd parties much anymore. This is the reason people buy Nintendo's products over 3rd parties': BECAUSE NINTENDO DOES ITS JOB PROPERLY. They do what SHOULD be expected of them and they don't piss and moan like children when they hit a little speed bump. If 3rd parties are going to make such basic mistakes then that's on THEIR heads, not Nintendo's or the customers'.

#35 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Like I said, spoiled brats, developers and publishers both . You can't expect people to buy something with cut features, that's just insane. And the fact that they'll inevitably throw tantrums when they're called out on their laziness and ineptitude is one reason why I don't sympathize or trust 3rd parties much anymore. This is the reason people buy Nintendo's products over 3rd parties': BECAUSE NINTENDO DOES ITS JOB PROPERLY. They do what SHOULD be expected of them and they don't revel in the beautiful sunshine and moan like children when they hit a little speed bump. If 3rd parties are going to make such basic mistakes then that's on THEIR heads, not Nintendo's or the customers'.

And that's a perfectly fine attitude to have if you're ok with them all abandoning Wii U. If you bought it for Nintendo games, and most of us did, then continue as you have been.

#36 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

And that's a perfectly fine attitude to have if you're ok with them all abandoning Wii U. If you bought it for Nintendo games, and most of us did, then continue as you have been.

Ineptitude is not something to be rewarded. They have no excuse to be lazy or inept. Like a child, they blame others like Nintendo or the customers for their own failures. If people didn't buy it on the Wii U then it's obviously something the developer did, not something Nintendo did (who merely provide the platform) or the customers (who won't buy sub-par ports). There is NOTHING that's remotely defensible about 3rd parties' laziness and ineptitude.

#37 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

I don't think anyone here was talking about boycotting any games completely. Most people were just pointing out that for the same amount of money you can get a game that has more features on another platform It doesn't make any sense to buy an inferior version just to try and get the sequel of this sub-par game on wii u. It's not about proving a point or changing WB's decisions, it's about what makes logical sense to consumers.

If you want the wii u version and don't mind being ripped off (assuming you have a ps3/xbox) then go ahead and buy the game with less features.

#38 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I don't think anyone here was talking about boycotting any games completely. Most people were just pointing out that for the same amount of money you can get a game that has more features on another platform It doesn't make any sense to buy an inferior version just to try and get the sequel of this sub-par game on wii u. It's not about proving a point or changing WB's decisions, it's about what makes logical sense to consumers.

If you want the wii u version and don't mind being ripped off (assuming you have a ps3/xbox) then go ahead and buy the game with less features.

Pretty much; you shouldn't be surprised at people not buying the Wii U version if it's gimped in some way. It's amazing at how these 3rd parties are unaware of the basic errors they make constantly.

#39 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Ineptitude is not something to be rewarded. They have no excuse to be lazy or inept. Like a child, they blame others like Nintendo or the customers for their own failures. If people didn't buy it on the Wii U then it's obviously something the developer did, not something Nintendo did (who merely provide the platform) or the customers (who won't buy sub-par ports). There is NOTHING that's remotely defensible about 3rd parties' laziness and ineptitude.

No one's defending it. Of course I want 3rd party games, but this is the reality of the situation.

I'm not being ripped off if I'm buying the game for single player. If I buy the game on Xbox I play the exact same game as I do on Wii U. Except of course I get the extra Wii U features on Wii U that I actually do want.

#40 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

I get it but if you weren't going to play it then it doesn't matter.

Also, do Wii U features not make up for that? How much money are they worth?

Ultimately it doesn't matter either way. If you want more 3rd party games, buy them. If you don't care then you can stick to your protests.

You don't seem to get this. Coming from someone who pre-ordered Arkham Origins, and is planning to cancel that pre-order:

First off, you CAN change what a company is doing. We did it to get Deathstroke pre-order DLC. We did it to get Smash Bros. Stremed at EVO, and people did it with the Xbone 180. The reason this keeps happening is because most western third party developers act like PS3 and Xbox fanboys, and think all Nintendo fans are not only mentally challenged, but not real gamers. therefore they think 1. Let's just eff them over because eff Nintendo (looking at you EA) 2. They probably won't even notice, they're not "real" gamers.

So, if we keep buy these "eff you" games, then guess what? As far as they're concerned oh look we were right! Stupid Nintendo fans didn't even notice, and payed the same amount of money for an inferior version of the game! Ha ha ha, stupid Nintendo fans!

Now people aren't stupid enough to buy these games, so they don't sell. So then they say, "we're not doing ____ because our games aren't selling well."

But the games aren't selling well because of their mentality I just explained.

And, despite what they like say, they will make profit if the game is good. For example Arkham City was ported properly, and guess what? They made profit. I'm not sure how true these figures are, but apparentyl, it didn't cost them more than 900k to port that game to Wii U. They have 160k sales. Do the math, and that means they only needed to make 5.625 Dollars per game they are selling them for sixty.

Go figure.

All in all, not buying the game is still the better option in my opinion. there will be other fun games, from people who aren't total bucking d***heads, also I'd rather not be a slave to those total bucking d***heads and support them in the bashing of my, and others' intelligence.

I hope you understand now.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!