GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Its whatever at this point... Its news so I posted.

http://www.nintendo-...e-wii-u-reveal/

“The time for convincing publishers and developers to support Wii U has long past. The box is out,” Hines explained on Bonus Round. “You have to do what Sony and Microsoft have been doing with us for a long time.

Edited by GAMER1984, 02 September 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Nintendo claimed to be working with third parties before release.
That probably meant EA and ubisoft, who abandoned it after launch.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

I still believe that Iwata should have created a Third-Party Relations Department a long time ago, besides Nintendo SPD. Otherwise, this is going to happen every single time a Nintendo console launches into the market.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#4 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Also the reason why the Wii U isn't that strong (hardware wise). They just don't listen enough to third-party, which is just a bad choice from Nintendo.

I hope they will change their vision next time with the next console. :)

Edited by namkotje, 02 September 2013 - 08:55 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

I still believe that Iwata should have created a Third-Party Relations Department a long time ago, besides Nintendo SPD. Otherwise, this is going to happen every single time a Nintendo console launches into the market.

http://www.nintendow.../interview/2205
The treehouse is kind of purposed with this.
NoA have been expanding it since a year or two before Wii U launched to try and get a handle on that.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

http://www.nintendow.../interview/2205
The treehouse is kind of purposed with this.
NoA have been expanding it since a year or two before Wii U launched to try and get a handle on that.

Yeah, but the article is from 2004 and I don't think it's core purpose (which is localization) has changed much, and if it did, it's not doing a very good job aside from indie relations.

That's not what other companies are doing. For example, Sony has an entire department dedicated to third party relations, where the proactively contact other companies to hear their feedback and to arrange contracts so that their games can be crafted/ported to their systems.

Nintendo also does this of course, but in such smaller scale that it rarely results in any major games (exclusives or not) coming to the system.

Also the reason why the Wii U isn't that strong (hardware wise). They just don't listen enough to third-party, which is just a bad choice from Nintendo.

I hope they will change their vision next time with the next console. :)

It's not that the "Wii U isn't powerful enough". It has so much more to do with engine development, to assure that your games will be almost 100% compatible with the current tools you have.

You see, "next-gen" engines will be using x86 as norm which unfortunately requires a ton of work to port x86 games to the Wii U. That's the core problem, not that the system isn't powerful enough.

Edited by Arkhandar, 02 September 2013 - 09:52 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Yeah, but the article is from 2004 and I don't think it's core purpose (which is localization) hasn't changed much, and if it did, it's not doing a very good job aside from indie relations.

That's not what other companies are doing. For example, Sony has an entire department dedicated to third party relations, where the proactively contact other companies to hear their feedback and to arrange contracts so that their games can be crafted/ported to their systems.

Nintendo also does this of course, but in such smaller scale that it rarely results in any major games (exclusives or not) coming to the system.

It's not that the "Wii U isn't powerful enough". It has so much more to do with engine development, to assure that your games will be almost 100% compatible with the current tools you have.

You see, "next-gen" engines will be using x86 as norm which unfortunately requires a ton of work to port x86 games to the Wii U. That's the core problem, not that the system isn't powerful enough.

ya, treehouse isn't enough in this day and age.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

I love certain Bethseda games, particularly fallout (ive been sorta dissapointed with elderscrolls post daggerfall, though skyrim was an improvement), and love them for having the balls to publish headfirst studios first and last game, knowing it would never sell, but purely because they knew it was awesome.

Nintendo recognizes Bethseda does stuff that captures the imaginations of gamers, they have specifically mentioned bethseda in regaurds to two upcoming titles.

But I suspect Nintendo would never, ever, EVER deal with Bethseda, because Bethseda would never, NEVER manage to meet Nintendo's standards in the relatively glitch free requirements. I mean, all games have glitches, even nintendo ones (twilight princess, skyward sword immediately come to mind) But Bethseda holds the crown by a huuuuuuge landslide.

I think this is why Bethseda in particular has not been contacted... really ever by Nintendo... Even though Nintendo has stated interest in what they do.

They appear to want to try to compete with Bethsedas open world experience, with one of their own (plus reworking zelda to be more open world), rather than moneyhat them to get the same exact game coming to other platforms.

Being that I have a pc for bethsedas games (absolute necessity imo, EXCEPT COCDCOTE!!!! That ones og Xbox), Nintendo money hatting them does nothing for me. But releasing their own original open world games? Thats double win, more games for me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

This is what I'm talking about:

Moments ago, Adam Boyes introduced the latest addition to the Third Party Relations family at Playstation, a new group that I get to captain called Third Party Production. The Third Party Relations team at PlayStation is well known for developing solid relationships across this industry, and this new group will work closely with our publishing partners to bring their beloved IPs to some new places. This means you’ll see even more great games on PlayStation platforms, including new IP’s, ports, and localized products. In addition, our partners who are currently in production will have us as a resource to strengthen their development process, ensuring quality and consistency on all Third Party projects.

http://blog.us.plays...roduction-team/

Edited by Arkhandar, 02 September 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Why should it not be "This is a box we made, you should make games on it"? Of course Nintendo should help 3rd parties develop games for the console but I don't see why Nintendo should change their product just to suit third parties.They don't need to have the approval of third party developers, they should be able to whatever they want because it is their product.

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Why should it not be "This is a box we made, you should make games on it"? Of course Nintendo should help 3rd parties develop games for the console but I don't see why Nintendo should change their product just to suit third parties.They don't need to have the approval of third party developers, they should be able to whatever they want because it is their product.

Not to mention with or or without third party, it'll probably still be a success. See: 3DS, Wii

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

Why should it not be "This is a box we made, you should make games on it"? Of course Nintendo should help 3rd parties develop games for the console but I don't see why Nintendo should change their product just to suit third parties.They don't need to have the approval of third party developers, they should be able to whatever they want because it is their product.

Lots of people fail to realize how much "in bed" sony and microsoft are with 3rd party companies. Nintendo will never be able to get the support sony or especially microsoft gets. Nintendo made it so easy for developers this time around for Wii U. You have a pro controller and the gamepad is a "controller first" with a screen. How hard is it to put your hud on game pad a la mass effect 3 and batman arkham city or just make the game and give it off tv play and its done. But all I hear are developers complaining they have no idea how to use the gamepad. As far as architecture goes yes Wii U is different from ps4 and xb1 which are almost identical really they are nothing more than pc's with sony and microsoft on them. So yes nintendo should contact developers and get some opinions on the system and how they can do better to make development easier. I just don't think that should be to the extent that they base their whole console around what 3rd party developers want. Its goes both ways and IMO developers want Nintendo to give far more than they are willing to give in return. Its shall be interesting to see how the rest of this gen plays out.

#13 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

I could rant for hours about this but I won't. All I'm gonna say is both Nintendo AND 3rd parties need to change their attitudes.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#14 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

I doubt it would've made a difference. West developers are generally just not into Nintendo and it's been that way for years.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#15 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

At this point it think it's safe to say the Wii U is destined to become a haven for shovelware like the Wii, I'm still hoping that Iwata becoming NoA CEO will expose him to the ways the western gaming community works he also needs to observe MS and Sony instead of ignoring them. Nintendo needs to take all this into account when building the Wii U's successor otherwise it will suffer the same fate.

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

At this point it think it's safe to say the Wii U is destined to become a haven for shovelware like the Wii, I'm still hoping that Iwata becoming NoA CEO will expose him to the ways the western gaming community works he also needs to observe MS and Sony instead of ignoring them. Nintendo needs to take all this into account when building the Wii U's successor otherwise it will suffer the same fate.

even with the support Wii U has gotten to this point its has drastically done better than Wii did in its whole lifecycle. just this year... splinter cell blacklist, rayman legends, call of duty ghost, assassin creed 4, watchdogs, batman arkham origins... these are what i would describe as core titles. now go back and look at Wii in any of its best years and see if titles like these were available. .. and i didnt even include sonic games, scribblenauts unmasked,  and others that i probably wont buy but are worth a gamefly rental. people are overlooking how good the Wii U fall lineup really is.

Edited by GAMER1984, 02 September 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Lots of people fail to realize how much "in bed" sony and microsoft are with 3rd party companies. Nintendo will never be able to get the support sony or especially microsoft gets. Nintendo made it so easy for developers this time around for Wii U. You have a pro controller and the gamepad is a "controller first" with a screen. How hard is it to put your hud on game pad a la mass effect 3 and batman arkham city or just make the game and give it off tv play and its done. But all I hear are developers complaining they have no idea how to use the gamepad. As far as architecture goes yes Wii U is different from ps4 and xb1 which are almost identical really they are nothing more than pc's with sony and microsoft on them. So yes nintendo should contact developers and get some opinions on the system and how they can do better to make development easier. I just don't think that should be to the extent that they base their whole console around what 3rd party developers want. Its goes both ways and IMO developers want Nintendo to give far more than they are willing to give in return. Its shall be interesting to see how the rest of this gen plays out.

It should be interesting to see what the developers say when they're making lots of games with PS4 touchpad integration, even though that pad has 1/100th of the uses the gamepad's screen does.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

It should be interesting to see what the developers say when they're making lots of games with PS4 touchpad integration, even though that pad has 1/100th of the uses the gamepad's screen does.

a lot of crap developers that want to be spoon feed.... the quality of devs are a lot worse than people realize.

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

More excuses.

So there wasnt a "please develop for us" coming from Nintendo. So what?

Bethesda also bears responsibility for not actively inquiring about the forthcoming console.

It's not like it was a secret. Nintendo invited input. They didn't go out begging for it with flowers and boxes of chocolate.

This is political bravado. And it's stupid.

The fact is, the console is out. Bethesda can make games for it.

There is no cosmic rule that they can't do so just because the launch has past.

It's Bethesda making excuses, while trying to bully Nintendo into giving them a greater presence in the future.

The gaming industry as a whole would be much better off without this crap.

Everyone wants to be the big shot, overstepping their bounds.

Bethesda makes great games sometimes (fallout 3, skyrim). But they are usually pretty. Jacked up with freezes, glitches, cache issues, etc. so it would behoove them to try some humble pie. Not to mention forming a real code cleanup/optimization/quality control team for all of their games moving forward.

#20 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

with less  choices and options  they do not need to be creative

More excuses.

So there wasnt a "please develop for us" coming from Nintendo. So what?

Bethesda also bears responsibility for not actively inquiring about the forthcoming console.

It's not like it was a secret. Nintendo invited input. They didn't go out begging for it with flowers and boxes of chocolate.

This is political bravado. And it's stupid.

The fact is, the console is out. Bethesda can make games for it.

There is no cosmic rule that they can't do so just because the launch has past.

It's Bethesda making excuses, while trying to bully Nintendo into giving them a greater presence in the future.

The gaming industry as a whole would be much better off without this crap.

Everyone wants to be the big shot, overstepping their bounds.

Bethesda makes great games sometimes (fallout 3, skyrim). But they are usually pretty. Jacked up with freezes, glitches, cache issues, etc. so it would behoove them to try some humble pie. Not to mention forming a real code cleanup/optimization/quality control team for all of their games moving forward.

gaming would be better if it was not about politics. It needs to be about the games, putting out something that people want.

Now  everyone likes to pretend they are art. No they are products! Does not mean those products will not be seen as art, but there is just too much of a focus on making games LOOK good rather than being fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!