Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

More excuses.

So there wasnt a "please develop for us" coming from Nintendo. So what?

Bethesda also bears responsibility for not actively inquiring about the forthcoming console.

It's not like it was a secret. Nintendo invited input. They didn't go out begging for it with flowers and boxes of chocolate.

This is political bravado. And it's stupid.

The fact is, the console is out. Bethesda can make games for it.

There is no cosmic rule that they can't do so just because the launch has past.

It's Bethesda making excuses, while trying to bully Nintendo into giving them a greater presence in the future.

The gaming industry as a whole would be much better off without this crap.

Everyone wants to be the big shot, overstepping their bounds.

Bethesda makes great games sometimes (fallout 3, skyrim). But they are usually pretty. Jacked up with freezes, glitches, cache issues, etc. so it would behoove them to try some humble pie. Not to mention forming a real code cleanup/optimization/quality control team for all of their games moving forward.

the industry is in more trouble than people realize. development costs are still sky high and games have to sell upwards of 5 million copies just to "BREAK EVEN". Nintendo sees that and aent going to fall for the trap. Nintendo isnt perfect by a long shot and have work to do with 3rd party developers.... but some of their beliefs and stance on gaming is why they are still around and have all that money in the bank.

with less  choices and options  they do not need to be creative

gaming would be better if it was not about politics. It needs to be about the games, putting out something that people want.

Now  everyone likes to pretend they are art. No they are products! Does not mean those products will not be seen as art, but there is just too much of a focus on making games LOOK good rather than being fun.

amen. EA is the worst at this... they make me sad to be a gamer. saying where the gamers are we will be there also. Crytek had a finished version of Crysis 3 ready for release on Wii U and because of whatever happened between them and Nintendo it was cancelled. there are days im happy to be a nintendo only gamers. this generation like last generation is TOO focused on trying to be photo realstic.... but we are already seeing xb1 and ps4 games struggling to hit 1080p native.... and there were actually people expecting ps4 and xb1 games to support 4k resolution... shake my head.

Edited by GAMER1984, 02 September 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#22 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

it makes me a sad developer too. and the problem (which makes me sad also) is that indies are TRYING but they just never are tight enough or have enough quality  to be those amazing games (or they try to be artsy...)  what we need is balance. We dont need interactive stories (well we do its just over saturation) we can have a story but dont make it overshadow the game

and you can have great art but dont put the art department in charge of the game, too many times do i see  artists getting top billing when the programers are what make a game accually playable as a game.

and it really is a trap, because they are focusing on graphics and story they end up with these sums which are outrageous. On the flipside they could be selling less titles (lets fae it  too many people buy based on how great a game looks visually) but will end up making more per dollar spent because they would not have spent %80 of the budget just on graphics. (which is why you see lots of sequels which use the same assets, to make up the money they spent on the first game)

but  you would need smaller teams, meaning less  cost to development, meaning more teams can be  put together, which means more projects which means more overall  dollars back per dollar spent!  which in the end means, you can spend the same ammount of money on multiple games and make  mope money per dollar on all of those games combined!

#23 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Needless to say when Nintendo becomes profitable they'll have to make a huge apology to Nintendo 

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Needless to say when Nintendo becomes profitable they'll have to make a huge apology to Nintendo 

they wont... the funny thing is with all the Wii U is "underpowered" talk... watch how quick ports of your favorite game gets ported to Wii U if it starts selling like hotcakes. i can tall you guys this Wii U is more than powerful enough to get multiplats from any engine we know of.

#25 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

they wont... the funny thing is with all the Wii U is "underpowered" talk... watch how quick ports of your favorite game gets ported to Wii U if it starts selling like hotcakes. i can tall you guys this Wii U is more than powerful enough to get multiplats from any engine we know of.

ya because 3rd parties were all over the wii u when it was selling  millions at launch

#26 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

In other words:

"Nintendo didn't come and grovel hand and feet and shove money in our fat faces so we could give them gimped versions of games and then complain they didn't sell well."

That's about how I'm looking at this right now.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#27 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

ya because 3rd parties were all over the wii u when it was selling millions at launch

Like hotcakes... If it has a turnaround on same level as 3ds... More games will flood in for it... Not "EVERY" game but more core games will come that isn't on the console now

#28 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Like hotcakes... If it has a turnaround on same level as 3ds... More games will flood in for it... Not "EVERY" game but more core games will come that isn't on the console now

3DS is a completely different story. It's profitable as fork yet the only major western publisher on it is Warner Bros. The rest has all but abandoned the dedicated portable gaming market.

Edited by Arkhandar, 03 September 2013 - 09:00 AM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#29 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

I still believe that Iwata should have created a Third-Party Relations Department a long time ago, besides Nintendo SPD. Otherwise, this is going to happen every single time a Nintendo console launches into the market.

I vote they call it "Third-Party Upside Relations Department"

Or TURD for short.

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Or TURD for short.

TPURD you mean.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

TPURD you mean.

Why would I mean that?

#32 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

Bethesda does have a great point. Nintendo did rush ahead without getting approval on many things. It sure didn't help Nintendo's situation and it did anger so many devs.

Edited by SaturnDaOPGaymFreak, 03 September 2013 - 05:21 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#33 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Why would I mean that?

I suppose he missed the hyphen?

#34 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

I suppose he missed the hyphen?

Our his highly evolved sense of humor made him discount my silly joke. That is understandable. It was pretty bad.

I made myself laugh so it is all good.

#35 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

Or TURD for short.

Nintendo TURD. Now hiring monkeys.

For more information please visit your local Zoo.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Bethesda does have a great point. Nintendo did rush ahead without getting approval on many things. It sure didn't help Nintendo's situation and it did anger so many devs.

Stop being a hardcore gamer.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

I don't really know how all that stuff works with 3rd party developers and them not getting the info and stuff but I can tell Sony and Microsoft really throw a bunch of cash to nab those games. They make an effort to get exclusive content and making their version the best one. While Nintendo never really addresses 3rd party developers in their directs or conferences which they have have improved lately but they just don't throw everything like Sony/Microsoft does. At least by the looks of it.

#38 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I don't really know how all that stuff works with 3rd party developers and them not getting the info and stuff but I can tell Sony and Microsoft really throw a bunch of cash to nab those games. They make an effort to get exclusive content and making their version the best one. While Nintendo never really addresses 3rd party developers in their directs or conferences which they have have improved lately but they just don't throw everything like Sony/Microsoft does. At least by the looks of it.

But they shouldn't have to. Paying third parties to give you better versions etc. is ridiculous, and it's how these devs get such giant chips on theirs shoulders, and feel they can do whatever they like.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#39 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

I suppose your right but it is what it is and I feel Nintendo will eventually have to play by their rules.

#40 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

I suppose your right but it is what it is and I feel Nintendo will eventually have to play by their rules.

I seriously doubt it. They tried this on Wii and got the best selling system of the gen. 3DS is also doing REALLY well right now. Nintendo outclasses each and every third party, and doesn't really have need for them.. Don't get me wrong, it's a hug help and nice to have, but they're not a necessity to a giant Methuselah like Nintendo.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!