24 replies to this topic

#1 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

So I'm trying to save money for the next few months in order to have the money to take a job overseas in Japan. After what, in my opinion, was a horrible E3 showing by Nintendo I had absolutely NO interest in buying a WiiU in the near future. For the record, I grew up on Nintendo and some of my earliest memories are of playing Mario Bros/Duckhunt with my big sister on our NES.

I've essentially owned ever home console they've put out and I've enjoyed them but it seems like they're making a lot of dumb moves with the Wii U and the main games that interest me (Bayonetta 2, X, Smash) all don't even have dates yet. I also have ZERO interest in the other next-gen systems at the moment so I've been planning on just sticking to my 3DS which I have tons of games on and at least 3 more big ones coming out before the end of this year plus an e-shop game. So as far as gaming goes, I'm set. I'm working pretty much every day now so I don't have too much time for gaming. 

Things are all going good, and then THIS happened: tww-hd-deluxe-set-wiiu-bundle.jpg

I love Wind Waker, and while I didn't care for the first showings of the new look of the game, it's really grown on me. I absolutely love Zelda and I've never owned a special edition Nintendo console. In fact, the only bundle I've EVER had was the KH BBS PSP. Like I said, I had no plans on getting a Wii U ANY time soon, but this bundle just looks so damned sexy!!! And it even comes with that Hyrule Historia which makes it even cooler! I'm so damned tempted to get this, but I'd have to dip in to my Japan moving money. Plus there really aren't that many games that are out right now I'd be interested in for the Wii U. I know I'd DEFINITELY get Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge (I wants this game so bad!), possibly Arkham City since I've never played it, and MAYBE Pikmin. (I love me some Monster Hunter too, but I already have it for the 3DS so the only appeal would be the online)

So yeah, there's my predicament. I'm not that in to the Wii U at the moment, but that being said there are things about it I like and this bundle is SO TEMPTING! It's also not like I'm really hurting for something to play since my 3DS is doing me just fine. So, anyone have any advice or opinions? (Please no 'fanboy' responses)

pNgecl.gif

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

POPULAR

Important Job >>>>>>>>>> Cool luxery item.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Important Job >>>>>>>>>> Cool luxery item.

I totally get what you mean, and that is my first big thought on this. BUT the thing about it is that this wouldn't PREVENT me from taking the job. The interview process isn't even until November, and even after that it will most likely be three months or so before I actually ship out so I still have plenty of time to save up the money I would need. That's what makes this so frustrating. 

Edited by Azure-Edge, 05 September 2013 - 08:36 AM.

pNgecl.gif

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Is this "job" helping you get setup over in Japan with moving expenses and the like? If not, I would rethink this job. As 3D dude says, a job is more important at the moment but I am confused as to why one would need to save up for a job... seems backwards. The job should be paying you, not the other way around.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Rigg

Rigg

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

ok, I work 60 plus hrs a week, I actually had a xb one pre orderd till this came out, and i went to gamestop and changed my pre order to this and here is why, not only did they drop wiiu prrice 50 bucks but your getting the game and the digital book for free, look at that as another 80 bucks worth of stuff free so inturn price is 299, with the game and book really your paying $220 for the wiiu...a damn good deal and investment, plus you get the game 2 and a half weeks earlyer b/c of the digital dl..plus there are many great wiiu games coming around the corner.

#6 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Is this "job" helping you get setup over in Japan with moving expenses and the like? If not, I would rethink this job. As 3D dude says, a job is more important at the moment but I am confused as to why one would need to save up for a job... seems backwards. The job should be paying you, not the other way around.

They do help but I have to pay for the plane ticket, work clothes, and those sorts of things. I believe they help with a lot of the start up costs but the big thing is that plane ticket. 

pNgecl.gif

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

They do help but I have to pay for the plane ticket, work clothes, and those sorts of things. I believe they help with a lot of the start up costs but the big thing is that plane ticket. 

Gotcha, i guess it depends on the company/job and what you can mutually agree too. Shame they can't help with the plane ticket. Best of luck though either way and if you feel you can afford the wii u bundle without interfering with anything else, get it.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Gotcha, i guess it depends on the company/job and what you can mutually agree too. Shame they can't help with the plane ticket. Best of luck though either way and if you feel you can afford the wii u bundle without interfering with anything else, get it.

The plane ticket and start up costs for utilities and such are really the only two main things. They provide a fully furnished apartment and those kinds of things.

pNgecl.gif

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

The plane ticket and start up costs for utilities and such are really the only two main things. They provide a fully furnished apartment and those kinds of things.

So they are giving you the kitchen sink?  :laugh:

#10 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

So they are giving you the kitchen sink?  :laugh:

Kitchen sink, washer, tv, bookshelf, table, futon, stove, etc. 

pNgecl.gif

#11 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

if ur moving to Japan, I don't recommend getting this because its a US system and Wii U is region locked so you'd have to import all of your games

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Get a job, Japan is very expensive, you'll need your savings.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Get a job, Japan is very expensive, you'll need your savings.

Already have a job, dude. Two in fact.

pNgecl.gif

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

if ur moving to Japan, I don't recommend getting this because its a US system and Wii U is region locked so you'd have to import all of your games

This is a good point, I didnt even think about it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Already have a job, dude. Two in fact.

Then get a job.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

So I'm trying to save money for the next few months in order to have the money to take a job overseas in Japan. After what, in my opinion, was a horrible E3 showing by Nintendo I had absolutely NO interest in buying a WiiU in the near future. For the record, I grew up on Nintendo and some of my earliest memories are of playing Mario Bros/Duckhunt with my big sister on our NES.

I've essentially owned ever home console they've put out and I've enjoyed them but it seems like they're making a lot of dumb moves with the Wii U and the main games that interest me (Bayonetta 2, X, Smash) all don't even have dates yet. I also have ZERO interest in the other next-gen systems at the moment so I've been planning on just sticking to my 3DS which I have tons of games on and at least 3 more big ones coming out before the end of this year plus an e-shop game. So as far as gaming goes, I'm set. I'm working pretty much every day now so I don't have too much time for gaming. 

Things are all going good, and then THIS happened: tww-hd-deluxe-set-wiiu-bundle.jpg

I love Wind Waker, and while I didn't care for the first showings of the new look of the game, it's really grown on me. I absolutely love Zelda and I've never owned a special edition Nintendo console. In fact, the only bundle I've EVER had was the KH BBS PSP. Like I said, I had no plans on getting a Wii U ANY time soon, but this bundle just looks so damned sexy!!! And it even comes with that Hyrule Historia which makes it even cooler! I'm so damned tempted to get this, but I'd have to dip in to my Japan moving money. Plus there really aren't that many games that are out right now I'd be interested in for the Wii U. I know I'd DEFINITELY get Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge (I wants this game so bad!), possibly Arkham City since I've never played it, and MAYBE Pikmin. (I love me some Monster Hunter too, but I already have it for the 3DS so the only appeal would be the online)

So yeah, there's my predicament. I'm not that in to the Wii U at the moment, but that being said there are things about it I like and this bundle is SO TEMPTING! It's also not like I'm really hurting for something to play since my 3DS is doing me just fine. So, anyone have any advice or opinions? (Please no 'fanboy' responses)

I don't think you should get it and here's why.

1. It's going to be region-locked.

2. The only part of the system that's special(in comparison to the standard Wii U) is the controller.

3. The game and book are digital download so they're going to take up space on the small hard drive.

4. The more money you can save the better.

5. You're already talking about the games you'd be getting for it soon after buying it so if you can't resist getting this now who's to say you won't end up spending even more money on Ninja Gaiden, Arkham City and Pikmin and have the price end up at close to $500?

6. There'll probably be more bundles that come out later.

7. The Wind Waker game probably won't keep you occupied that long since you've already beaten it. I mean I can expect it to give you around 20 hours for the first play through since it will be fresh that time. But assuming you've already played through the first one multiple times are you going to be willing to play through the new version multiple times too? The aesthetic will probably wear off after the first play through and unless the MiiVerse turns out to be real compelling I don't think it'll have much replay value assuming you already spent the replay value of the first game.

8. The Majority of people here say you shouldn't get it so you should probably listen. 

Edited by Cymbal, 05 September 2013 - 11:20 AM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#17 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

i don't see what the OP is on about, firstly you may not even get the job, i hope you do though, secondly why not just wait until you know where you will be, if you buy a WiiU now & end up in Japan it won't work, just buy a normal WiiU & a copy of Zelda when you move to Japan, you have already played Zelda Windwaker though this version just has better graphics.

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

I'm pretty sure the Wind Waker Bundle is sold out anyway (I luckily got one booked mine the day it was announced), so unless I'm mistaken, that's out of the question. If you still want a Wii U for games like Bayonetta, X, Smash, and Ninja Gaiden, then wait until 2014 when all of those games are coming out.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#19 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Good luck. Jobs always come first

Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#20 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'm pretty sure the Wind Waker Bundle is sold out anyway (I luckily got one booked mine the day it was announced), so unless I'm mistaken, that's out of the question. If you still want a Wii U for games like Bayonetta, X, Smash, and Ninja Gaiden, then wait until 2014 when all of those games are coming out.

Only the special edition one with the figurine is sold out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!