DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

If i can, i`ll get this for Wii U. Played MW 1, MW2 and Blops. Loved the first two.

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Huh. That's weird, 'cause for me I hate using the Wii Remotes. It's inaccurate and awkward to handle and control. This is coming from a guy who used them for 2+ years... I prefer using analog sticks a lot more, they're more comfortable to me, IMO.

But to answer the question I'll be getting Ghosts for Wii U and PS4! I won't get the PS4 version until December though. The Wii U version will be on launch day. :)

The skill demand to effectively use it is higher, so not only do players have to start over from scratch learning how to play, but it takes longer to become proficient than da... But the skill ceiling is infinitely higher.

If you cant grasp the skill sets, for one, then obviously you are going to prefer the other. IR requires a completely different skill set and skill with completely diffeent muscle groups, and a completely different mental process. Its far closer to utilizing a light gun or even a real firearm than pushing a reticule with a stick.

the guncon 2 gave me practice (very painful practice remembring dino stalker) long before the wii was even a thing, when it did come out mp3 was immediately familiar and blessedly pain free.

Its a straight line physical aiming device though. There is absolutely no give or room for argument there, its accurate to beyond a single pixel. The IR isnt inaccurate, its you, its physically you that is inaccurate.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

If you cant grasp the skill sets, for one, then obviously you are going to prefer the other. IR requires a completely different skill set and skill with completely diffeent muscle groups, and a completely different mental process. Its far closer to utilizing a light gun or even a real firearm than pushing a reticule with a stick.

the guncon 2 gave me practice (very painful practice remembring dino stalker) long before the wii was even a thing, when it did come out mp3 was immediately familiar and blessedly pain free.

Its a straight line physical aiming device though. There is absolutely no give or room for argument there, its accurate to beyond a single pixel. The IR isnt inaccurate, its you, its physically you that is inaccurate.

...what? Have you even shot a real gun before? It is not similar whatsoever asides from holding up a piece of plastic and aiming with it. That's it. And yes, I know a controller aiming with analogs is not closer either, but neither aren't even relatively close to what a real firearm is like shooting. 

Edited by nintendo2DS, 10 September 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

...what? Have you even shot a real gun before? It is not similar whatsoever asides from holding up a piece of plastic and aiming with it. That's it. And yes, I know a controller aiming with analogs is not closer either, but neither aren't even relatively close to what a real firearm is like shooting.

Never said shooting. Subject was aiming. Although since you brought it up, trigger pull on the B button and breathing will also effect ir aiming in the same way. Its that precise. Hell, it can register a pulse sometimes.

M9 beretta (Blech!)
colt saa
glock 7 (yes, that one) 9
luger 45
M240 G, B
M249
MARK19
M16A2, A4, 231 (port fire wheee!!!) w/203 (grenade launcher)
M256 (sex)
M2 Browning manual and stabilized platform via CROWS
M4 carbine
AK47
AK74U
M1928A1 (Joy!)

Should I go on? I can honestly say I can operate pretty much any conventional weapons system with proficiency within moments of exposure.

Aiming with your wrist and arm muscles

Fire arms, stabilized weapons platforms, light gun, wii remote.

Aiming by pushing a stick:
Analog game controller.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

3Dude is FPS Russia !!!!

Your secret is out.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#26 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Campaign trailer looked sweet. I really want this game...but on next gen consoles. Also they need DEDICATED servers cause I hate their hosting mechanic for real.
No sig.

#27 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm buying and, like the past few Call of Duty games, solely for the multiplayer.  I haven't done more than a level of campaign since Reflex.

To the controller topic:  I'm a motion shooter for FPS but do enjoy DA for TPS.  To each their own though as I'd hate to perpetuate a superiority argument.  What's the better method will always depend on the player.  I'm just glad to see activision's keeping with leaving motion or DA option to the gamer!  This will ensure a game sale to me as, not only will i be happy with my motion, but anyone visiting will feel right at home if they'd rather opt for the DA.

See you guys on the field!  B)

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!