• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 liamdawe

liamdawe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

So I am wondering how many of you here will be buying ghosts for the WiiU?

I have a PS3 but am considering getting it for the WiiU as our PS3 will be going eventually but am a bit worried no one will ever be online to play with :(

Edited by liamdawe, 10 September 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

If The campaign isnt a complete terd, and zombies remains fun ill get it.

But i wont be going online. Well, maybe zombies.

The last game I played online competitively multiplayer was halo 2.

After a decade of the same thing over and over and over and over again, it loses its appeal.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 liamdawe

liamdawe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

The problem is the single player is usually really short and if there is no one online, then it's quite an expensive purchase for so little :(

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

I will be getting it. Never really found much of a problem with BLOPS 2 multiplayer for Wii U.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 liamdawe

liamdawe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

I will be getting it. Never really found much of a problem with BLOPS 2 multiplayer for Wii U.

That's useful to know, might get it on WiiU then.

I take it that it won't require the tablet controller? Will be picking up the pro controller soon :D

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

I take it that it won't require the tablet controller? Will be picking up the pro controller soon :D

Correct, pro controller is the way to go if you like that feel. 

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

Just be prepared to get smoked by wiimote ir, once they fixed the wiimote controls via patch on blops ii, it was game over for most stick jockies. Made for some pretty funny youtube vids at least.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 liamdawe

liamdawe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

Just be prepared to get smoked by wiimote ir.

Huh?

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Huh?

Patch allowed Wii Mote (motion controls) , many Wii owners love this in past Call of Duty games for the system.

#10 liamdawe

liamdawe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

Patch allowed Wii Mote (motion controls) , many Wii owners love this in past Call of Duty games for the system.

Holy crap I had to google this, thought you where having me on didn't realise they added in motion controls hah cool!

#11 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

And the Wii remotes are a LOT faster because there's no limit to how fast you can move your gun, it's just how fast you move your hand.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Huh?

The wii u can still use the wii's wii remotes and nunchucks.

The skill demand to effectively use it is higher, so not only do players have to start over from scratch learning how to play, but it takes longer to become proficient than da... But the skill ceiling is infinitely higher.

Simply put, once someone learns how to use wii remotes.

Tooeasy.gif

Dual analogs cant compete. Youll see some ir pro tearing through occasionally, with ridiculous killstreaks, 60-1 type stuff. Especially after the fix.

I dont even play regularly, and certainly not competitively anymore and usually net 20+ kill streaks.

Sticks just cant move fast enough.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

I use the standard Wii U Gamepad to play, as when I play online it's with my cousin and I really love playing it on the controller screen - but maybe one day I'll try out the Wiimote for online, it was great on World at War and Goldeneye.

Bring the noise.

#14 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

The skill demand to effectively use it is higher, so not only do players have to start over from scratch learning how to play, but it takes longer to become proficient than da... But the skill ceiling is infinitely higher.

Dual analogs cant compete. Youll see some ir pro tearing through occasionally, with ridiculous killstreaks, 60-1 type stuff. Especially after the fix.

I dont even play regularly, and certainly not competitively anymore and usually net 20+ kill streaks.

That's awesome. I didn't realize using the motion controls was such an effective method. I might have to actually buy an fps sometime to try it out.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

Probably will, if the port is decent. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#16 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

I will be getting it!

#17 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

If The campaign isnt a complete terd, and zombies remains fun ill get it.But i wont be going online. Well, maybe zombies.The last game I played online competitively multiplayer was halo 2.After a decade of the same thing over and over and over and over again, it loses its appeal.

Are you forgetting this isn't treyarch? There wont be zombies.

#18 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Huh. That's weird, 'cause for me I hate using the Wii Remotes. It's inaccurate and awkward to handle and control. This is coming from a guy who used them for 2+ years... I prefer using analog sticks a lot more, they're more comfortable to me, IMO.

But to answer the question I'll be getting Ghosts for Wii U and PS4! I won't get the PS4 version until December though. The Wii U version will be on launch day. :)

Edited by nintendo2DS, 10 September 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#19 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Nah, don't think i'm bothering with this cod, looking to try Titanfall instead.Oh and BF4 which should be great but the top pc specs seem to have moved up a notch with 3gb graphics mem...

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

If I ever get it, I will get it for the PS4. 

Signature_DK.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!