Photo

GameStop manager gets fired after threaten to release a customer’s info.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

http://pixelenemy.co...sue-gets-fired/

High-five-dick-2.png?resize=620%2C348

You know what sucks? When people abuse power. A GameStop manager got into an argument with a customer and then apparently threatened to give out his personal details.

The guy filming a the video below ends it by high fiving the GameStop employee, and cuts it off when she threatens to release his details. But, according to a YouTube comment she’s now been fired.

“I work for GS in the LA area. I am happy to report to all of you that this b***h has been fired as of today. She was a beige quilt to work for, and trust me when I say that we are all happy that she is gone. Also, she has done worse than just this. Just last year she was under investigation for fudging the numbers in her books because money and games were coming up missing. She talked her way out of it and pegged it on an innocent girl who just killed herself this past May. Burn in hell Chrys.”

I just laughed at the whole thing, that was simply hilarious.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'm so thankful for the people at my gamestop.. 

#3 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Wait, what exactly happened???

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Wait, what exactly happened???

At the GTA V midnight launch this guy forgot his iD so she wouldn't release the game to him according to GameStop rules. He started to complain and something about she threatened to release his Personal Info.

I would take the her getting fired part with a grain of salt, it was just a random YouTube user who may or may not have worked with her. But you know, I gotta side with her EXCEPT for the fact that she threatened to release his info. That was just something f****d up on her part. But the fact that she wouldn't release the game to him I can understand cuz it's a GS rule
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Wait... so release his info? How does she know it's his info if she hasn't seen his ID? LMAO.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

Good. A person like that has no business being at a job that deals with people.

The customer was being a whiny little snot, on top of the fact he somehow didnt have any id on him. But thats what they get paid to handle, politely, and professionally. Not by turning into a real world internet troll.

I would have fired her too. Thats not acceptable behavior for someone in that position.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

The customer was being a whiny little snot, on top of the fact he somehow didnt have any id on him. But thats what they get paid to handle, politely, and professionally. Not by turning into a real world internet troll.

I would have fired her too. Thats not acceptable behavior for someone in that position.

I agree but I was just thinking about how ass backwards some things are here in the USA. We need a photo ID to purchase a game but yet when we go to vote they simply ask for my name.... LMAO. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

Oh, I didn't know about her threatening to release personal information.

In that case...

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

The only thing is I don't particularly trust that YouTube commenter.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#10 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

I'm on the managers side, hear me out, this news article makes it sound terrible, but really the "Personal information" was only a E-mail address... Who the hell cares if someone gets your email address, not like you don't already get spammed with advertisements on it anyway. The guy was being a tard to her in the store for something that was HIS OWN FAULT! All she did was tell the person to come back with ID and he started arguing to her! I know she's the manager and not suppose to say that, but he deserved more than just a threat.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#11 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

I'm gonna have to side with the manager on this one as well. You have to look at it from the managers perspective, its probably 1 in the morning, shes tired, stressed, there's annoying people everywhere, shes getting yelled at in front of a crowd. When people are under that type of stress they don't think properly and can say some dumb things. 

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

To those siding with the manager, read the comment from Youtube...

I work for GS in the LA area. I am happy to report to all of you that this b***h has been fired as of today. She was a beige quilt to work for, and trust me when I say that we are all happy that she is gone. Also, she has done worse than just this. Just last year she was under investigation for fudging the numbers in her books because money and games were coming up missing. She talked her way out of it and pegged it on an innocent girl who just killed herself this past May.

This sounds like a firing that's been a loooooong time in the coming. I find it very hard to side with this. For a manager, she was acting completely unacceptable, and yes, even if the "personal information" was just an email address, that's still nowhere near right on her part. Two wrongs don't make a right.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Fired? She needs charges pressed on her for disorderly conduct!

Signature_DK.png

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Idk about this. I dont like the fact that she try to give out his information. Thats just bull crap but i also dont know what start all this.

You guys said it was about his id. which may be true but there is other ways she could of went about this.

I think the guy was ok but the girl was an ass.

The way things should of went.

Guy : Im here to pick up my game here is my receipt

Girl : oh i need to see your id to comfirm its you and your of age.

Guy : i dont have it with me.

Girl : well im sorry but you will have to come back when you do or give the phone number thats on file

Guy : oh well i dont have either

Girl : im sorry but there is nothing i can do company rules.

Or

Guy : here you go.

Girl : thank you here is your game enjoy

Girl : (later on talk about him to here employes but never the customer.)

Thats how it should of went down but o well we knock one bad person out of dealing with people. I truly hate when person act like asses. They shouldnt work with people if its how they feel and act.

I dont work with people because i know alot of them act stupid but i know how to deal with customers

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

What I find scary is that there's people who don't have photo ID on them. I'd say it's possible he doesn't drive so wouldn't have a driver's license, but I thought LA is not very pedestrian friendly?

Edited by grahamf, 20 September 2013 - 12:19 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!