Photo

Who here has photo ID on you?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Who here has photo ID on you? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

What photo ID do you have? (check all the apply)

1. A driver's license (17 votes [42.50%])

Percentage of vote: 42.50%

2. a different government-recognized ID (10 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. an unofficial ID (department store discount card, school ID) (12 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

4. I don't have any photo ID (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

How often do you have photo ID?

1. Always, with a backup (9 votes [36.00%])

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

2. At least one at all times (excluding rare events like license renewals) (7 votes [28.00%])

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

3. Almost always (6 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

4. Most of the time (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

5. Sometimes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Almost never (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Never (1 votes [4.00%])

8. Almost never, only when I know for a fact I'll be needing it (1 votes [4.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Following the gamestop story, it occurred to me that I find it pretty strange to not have any photo ID, not even a drivers license. It may be just that being able to drive is practically a requirement where I am, so I'm wondering what's it like elsewhere?

Edited by grahamf, 20 September 2013 - 12:28 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

Drivers permit, State ID, College ID, License To Kill, etc.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

With a photo I probably only have my drivers licence, but I have credit cards and Medicare cards etc.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

I do.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

idk even know why i got on here for this lol....

but i always have my id.

I remember a hidden camera show where they were at a video rental place and asked for 4 forms of id.

You will be surprises how many people had it.

picture id, license , bank card, others cards.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

I have a driving permit and a college ID. I'm in NY so driving isn't really necessary at all.
I usually have both with me if I'm adventuring outside, especially to purchase something, since they're in my wallet lol. But if it's just a quick errand run outside to like... a convenience store, I may just take cash and not my entire wallet. (bad neighborhood) I can see people not carrying ID if they're planning to run/bus to a nearby Gamestop and aren't using credit or buying AO lol.

Edit: Just saw the story and that it revolved around a preorder... Yeah common sense says that you should bring ID incase they ask for it, but honestly the receipt should be enough. If he really doesn't own any, rather than forgetting to bring it, he should've asked about it before preordering. He really should at least have a state ID or something, if he doesn't drive...

Edited by Ixchel, 20 September 2013 - 02:46 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

student card

#8 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Working on getting my License, atm all I have is a gov. issued State ID card. (i'm 22 btw, better late than never... :| )

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#9 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

I always have photo ID on me. Really, everyone should.

But that is besides the point. If you are going to pick up a rated Mature title on its launch date, a person has got to be pretty witless to not expect to be carded. The fines for a retailer getting caught not carding can be pretty steep, depending on the location. Claiming that a customer had a pre-ordered receipt will not get retailers out of the fines, by the way, so it obviously won't be enough for the customer, either.

Just to clarify, a student ID would not be enough to pick up a Mature rated title since many colleges also run accredited classes for high school students who are college bound. A government-issued photo identification card is necessary.

That is not to say that I agree with that manager's actions. She crossed a line and needlessly so considering the bonehead customer was already walking out of the store.

Sidenote: The world is quite small, indeed. I used to work with the (area) manager featured in the video. All I will say in public is that such behavior is not an isolated occurrence. It was only a matter of time such antics was going to catch up to her.

Edited by McMurphy, 21 September 2013 - 09:28 AM.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#10 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

I don't think this topic was all that necessary. Then again, most aren't. Whatever, I'll vote anyways.

#11 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I only carry my Driver's License and Social Security card with me wherever I go.

#12 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

I Carry my driver's license, my Health Card and my S.I.N 

5R5PY4h.jpg

#13 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

I have a driver's license, so I have to bring that every time I go out and do something. I usually keep my ID's in my wallet, so I never really lose it and I bring my wallet pretty much everywhere I go because I have my driver's license in it. My school also gives us an ID. I have a press pass for newspaper, which is kind of like an ID as well. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

I've got my Photo ID in my wallet all the time. I leave my Driver's License in the coin compartment of my car. I still have my expired College Photo ID, but the lighting was so crap that day that it would probably be dismissed as unacceptable for say, a police officer.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

That's unfortunate, She Who Violated the forums. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#16 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I actually don't have a single current photo ID of any kind. I could have said my college ID's, but I'm not enrolled at any colleges this semester, so they aren't really "current", then.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Envy, how do you find not having Photo ID? Isn't it a bit of an inconvenience?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!