• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Have we even seen the current gen version yet? I'm pretty sure we haven't, but I may be wrong on that.

There has been some footage released. Limited and it doesn't look good at all. But there was no mention at what point in development it is.

#22 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Noticed today a rumour that PS4 runs better than Xbone version but WiiU version was a 360 port. However just look at GTA!
If WiiU version can be even slightly up on PS360 GTA then great!

For those with pc its ment to be 1080 60fps but no idea what spec pc this is for.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#23 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

There has been some footage released. Limited and it doesn't look good at all. But there was no mention at what point in development it is.

No offical footage for PS3/360 has been released, there was that Ashia Tyler trailer that exhibited some pretty poor graphics but like i said there has only been footage for PS4/PC versions

Noticed today a rumour that PS4 runs better than Xbone version but WiiU version was a 360 port. However just look at GTA!
If WiiU version can be even slightly up on PS360 GTA then great!

For those with pc its ment to be 1080 60fps but no idea what spec pc this is for.

Just because GTA V looked great doesn't essentially mean the same will apply to Watch_dogs, remember GTA V has been specifically tailored for current gen consoles, Watch_dogs on the other hand is tailoring itself to 6 platforms in total, each of which has completely different graphic capabilities. Im not saying it's impossible but it's pretty unlikely.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#24 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

Well without stating the obvious unless WiiU sells a hell of a lot over Christmas Ubisoft will pull support.

Games are made for one reason, profit. Nintendo must be at least thinking about the lack of status the WiiU has in the world wide market.
Posted Image

#25 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

i have the X360 & WiiU DeadSec versions on order, i am now thinking of pulling the WiiU version all together & getting the normal X360 version because the mulitplayer will be better, they might as well not bother releasing on the WiiU at all

#26 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Either 360 version due to multiplayer or pc for graphics, nit sure yet but Splinter cell looks nice, Ubi can do great looking games.
Need to see some genuine footage on all formates.
Posted Image

#27 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Games are made for one reason, profit.

That is of course not true. A gaming company needs to make profit to stay alive, yes, but people choose to work in this particular industry because they're interested in making games, not because it's the most profitable business.

#28 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

i have the X360 & WiiU DeadSec versions on order, i am now thinking of pulling the WiiU version all together & getting the normal X360 version because the mulitplayer will be better, they might as well not bother releasing on the WiiU at all

I see you've not started those antidepressants yet.

I think this is good news. I have a Wii U and PS3 and will be buying 3rd party games for Wii U as long as they perform ok. If it matches the PS3 version then I'd be happy so to hear its nicer than the PS3 version means I'm definitely getting it on Wii U.

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

http://www.videogame...d_xbox_one.html
http://uk.gamespot.c...one-ps4-6415059 (since the original link seems to be broken for me now)

Might actually be good news, since it might be 60 fps on Wii U.

edit:
http://www.examiner....cid=db_articles
Oh, nevermind. Wii U is last gen.

Edited by Nollog, 28 September 2013 - 07:12 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

http://www.videogame...d_xbox_one.html
http://uk.gamespot.c...one-ps4-6415059 (since the original link seems to be broken for me now)

Might actually be good news, since it might be 60 fps on Wii U.

edit:
http://www.examiner....cid=db_articles
Oh, nevermind. Wii U is last gen.

So its another crapped out port for wii u. Oh well.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

So yesterday it's in between and today it's the same as current gen? I'm just going to get wait until it releases to find out, cause these developers don't seem to know.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#32 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

That is of course not true. 

Ok, your right and i'm wrong.

Posted Image

#33 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I see you've not started those antidepressants yet.

I think this is good news. I have a Wii U and PS3 and will be buying 3rd party games for Wii U as long as they perform ok. If it matches the PS3 version then I'd be happy so to hear its nicer than the PS3 version means I'm definitely getting it on Wii U.

but you will be missing out on the multiplayer side of the game, the numbers online with the WiiU are tiny, i have given up with SplinterCell online as there is never anyone on it so i cannot do any of the co-op missions

#34 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

but you will be missing out on the multiplayer side of the game, the numbers online with the WiiU are tiny, i have given up with SplinterCell online as there is never anyone on it so i cannot do any of the co-op missions

Except Watch Dogs online is just a player entering your game for 5 minutes to try to hack you. As long as someone has it (and I'm pretty sure more than one person will get it for Wii U), you will get the multiplayer component.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

So yesterday it's in between and today it's the same as current gen? I'm just going to get wait until it releases to find out, cause these developers don't seem to know.

Well to be fair, the inbetween quote was made by a named representative involved in the project, and the meh current gen was an anonymous source.

But honestly, when has ubisoft EVER treated wii u owners as anything but second class customers?

I just need to wait until the wii u version is simply shown ti see if its actually what ubisoft claimed its going to be. And if it is, i will be surprised. My bet is on a cheap crapped out ps360 port right now.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Ugh is that really the case for Splinter Cell?  I got tired of how few people there were online with Black Ops 2....very sad...

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#37 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Don't really care about online so I'm not fussed either way.

Well to be fair, the inbetween quote was made by a named representative involved in the project, and the meh current gen was an anonymous source.

But honestly, when has ubisoft EVER treated wii u owners as anything but second class customers?

I just need to wait until the wii u version is simply shown ti see if its actually what ubisoft claimed its going to be. And if it is, i will be surprised. My bet is on a cheap crapped out ps360 port right now.

My attitude right now is to not pre order any 3rd party titles until I have actual proof they are good quality.

#38 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

My attitude right now is to not pre order any 3rd party titles until I have actual proof they are good quality.

Smart move on your part. As far as gameplay and gamepad intergration goes I thought splinter cell blacklist was well done. People need to stop expecting anything more than a 360 port graphics wise on Wii U. We won't see developers step up on Wii U until ps360 is no more. It makes since for them financially to just port 360 games to Wii U. When ps360 is no longer developers will be forced to make Wii U games better ps4 xb1 port and thus taking more advantage of the hardware. Expect AC4, Batman AO, and Watchdogs on Wii U to visually mirror the 360 versions.

#39 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

Smart move on your part. As far as gameplay and gamepad intergration goes I thought splinter cell blacklist was well done. People need to stop expecting anything more than a 360 port graphics wise on Wii U. We won't see developers step up on Wii U until ps360 is no more. It makes since for them financially to just port 360 games to Wii U. When ps360 is no longer developers will be forced to make Wii U games better ps4 xb1 port and thus taking more advantage of the hardware. Expect AC4, Batman AO, and Watchdogs on Wii U to visually mirror the 360 versions. 

or we wont get ports at all! D: 

Edited by meitantei_conan, 28 September 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#40 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Smart move on your part. As far as gameplay and gamepad intergration goes I thought splinter cell blacklist was well done. People need to stop expecting anything more than a 360 port graphics wise on Wii U. We won't see developers step up on Wii U until ps360 is no more. It makes since for them financially to just port 360 games to Wii U. When ps360 is no longer developers will be forced to make Wii U games better ps4 xb1 port and thus taking more advantage of the hardware. Expect AC4, Batman AO, and Watchdogs on Wii U to visually mirror the 360 versions.

Those consoles will be around until 2016...

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!