• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

It was revealed today that the Wii U version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut will be $50, while the game will retail for $30 on all other platforms. Many people were upset by this news, considering the game was originally supposed to be a Wii U exclusive.

A Square Enix representative got into contact with Kotaku and gave official reasoning for why the Wii U version is more expensive.

“This is the first time Deus Ex is available on the Wii U. We have an extensive feature set which makes full use of the Wii U GamePad, plus we were able to add exclusive features to the Wii U version which we think Nintendo fans will appreciate and truly immerse them into the world of Deus Ex like never before.”

It’s as I speculated in the original article, that Square Enix feels this version should cost more because this is the first time the game has been made available on a Nintendo console. Does this affect your purchasing decision at all? Let us know in the comments below.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut will be released on Wii U on October 22nd in North America and October 25th in Europe.

Source

i was looking on another sight with this article as well and it seems a lot of people aren't happy lol. i font know how i feel but im leaning towards being okay with this decision. 

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Oh what a surprise, third parties horsing us over as usual.
Enjoy your 0 sales, scumbags.
I await your little press release next year saying your games don't sell, horsing assholes.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Uldkraemmeren

Uldkraemmeren

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

This is no problem in Europe, as it goes for about 22£ as a pre-order, same price as the other versions. Give it four weeks in the US, and the price will be the same as other versions there as well. What I want to know is what the price of the E-Shop version will be, since it's the one I'm targeting.

#4 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

This is in no way okay.

"We have an extensive feature set which makes full use of the Wii U GamePad, plus we were able to add exclusive features to the Wii U version which we think Nintendo fans will appreciate and truly immerse them into the world of Deus Ex like never before.”

You know, if they actually attempted to specify those features instead of just saying there are features then maybe I'd more inclined to agree. They would have to be some bloody good features to convince me it's worth $20 more but hey, you never know.

Edited by Mocha Bear, 11 October 2013 - 07:55 AM.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#5 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

This is in no way okay.

You know, if they actually attempted to specify those features instead of just saying there are features then maybe I'd more inclined to agree. They would have to be some bloody good features to convince it's worth $20 more but hey, you never know.

thats the reason why im leaning towards being okay with this. but like you said, yu never know. it could be just a costume or something...

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

And to think it began as a Wii U exclusive. It's like 3rd party developers are purposly trying to sabotage their sales on the Wii U as an excuse not to develop for it. This and Ubisoft not giving ACIV for the Wii U DLC.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

And to think it began as a Wii U exclusive. It's like 3rd party developers are purposly trying to sabotage their sales on the Wii U as an excuse not to develop for it. This and Ubisoft not giving ACIV for the Wii U DLC.

In fairness it's pretty much always like this.
Konami with mgs3d releasing the hd pack for less.
EA with Mass Effect 3 full price, announcing a Trilogy for less on the other consoles right before release.
I'd cite the million Wii examples, but those should be obvious, and somewhat beyond their control toward the later part o the lifecycle.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

What exclusive features? Miiverse? Off TV Play? All of the Gamepad enhancements are going to be available via Smartglass and PS Vita. (http://www.siliconer...ps3-360-and-pc/) There is nothing that isn't automatically a given that isn't on other systems. When Square Enix first announced that they were making a Wii U game, I said that Deus Ex would be the worst possible choice out of what could happen (Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman, Kingdom Hearts, etc.). However, I gave them a chance to justify themselves. When they said that it would be exclusive with better graphics, all DLC, and improved bosses, I was sold. I wanted to play this game for a while, so might as well get the best version. But then it became a multiplat. I thought, "well this sucks, but the Wii U version would at least be equal.) But NOPE! Now they want me to spend 20 extra dollars on something that is the same.

And the worst part is? I'm still going to do it.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

What exclusive features? Miiverse? Off TV Play? All of the Gamepad enhancements are going to be available via Smartglass and PS Vita. (http://www.siliconer...ps3-360-and-pc/) There is nothing that isn't automatically a given that isn't on other systems. When Square Enix first announced that they were making a Wii U game, I said that Deus Ex would be the worst possible choice out of what could happen (Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman, Kingdom Hearts, etc.). However, I gave them a chance to justify themselves. When they said that it would be exclusive with better graphics, all DLC, and improved bosses, I was sold. I wanted to play this game for a while, so might as well get the best version. But then it became a multiplat. I thought, "well this sucks, but the Wii U version would at least be equal.) But NOPE! Now they want me to spend 20 extra dollars on something that is the same.

And the worst part is? I'm still going to do it.

Someone commented in he article you linked that it's the same port team behind mass effect 3.
Looks like it's going to be even worse than I first thought if true.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

It's a multiplatform title.

Should be the same price, regardless of exclusive features.

Exclusive features per platform have been a staple of the gaming industry for a long time.

When Mass Effect 2 first came to PS3, EA didn't charge more simply because it was the first time the title was available on that console.

SQE is being pathetically Ridiculous.

It's not like most wii U owners never played the game on Xbox or Ps3 before.

The game is one of the most engrossing games I have played. couldn't put it down. Wanted to play every night when I got home from work.

But... Now it's a played out game with enhancements. Price it as such. Everywhere. That is all.

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Someone commented in he article you linked that it's the same port team behind mass effect 3.
Looks like it's going to be even worse than I first thought if true.

What exactly was wrong with the Mass Effect 3 port? I thought they did a good enough job on it, and that people were complaining about how the Trilogy was released around the same time.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

and the cycle begins anew. I'm getting the feeling it's less about sabotage, but more that 3rd parties are just that STUPID.

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

This is a true catch 22. We either buy the game and get screwed over or we don't buy it and Squeenix gets butthurt and refuses to work with the Wii U again. Good lord.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

this was set up for failure to begin with, once this tanks they probably wont put any more games on the wiiu.

2lvmghw.png

#15 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

This is a true catch 22. We either buy the game and get screwed over or we don't buy it and Squeenix gets butthurt and refuses to work with the Wii U again. Good lord.

"What's that? You want a multiplat to come to the Wii U? Well **** you! You get the game later! Oh, so you say it sold bad because it came out later than the other versions? Well **** you, we'll release it earlier and without DLC! Oh so you blame the lack of DLC for bad sales? Well **** you cause you get no online and we're charging you guys the same price for as the multiplat that has more content. The Wii U version sold bad? **** you! You're not getting anymore games from us because you Wii U owners obviously don't care about 3rd party games!" 

#16 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

"What's that? You want a multiplat to come to the Wii U? Well **** you! You get the game later! Oh, so you say it sold bad because it came out later than the other versions? Well **** you, we'll release it earlier and without DLC! Oh so you blame the lack of DLC for bad sales? Well **** you cause you get no online and we're charging you guys the same price for as the multiplat that has more content. The Wii U version sold bad? **** you! You're not getting anymore games from us because you Wii U owners obviously don't care about 3rd party games!" 

agreed lol

#17 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

agreed lol

I'm honestly thinking of putting what I just into my signautre.

#18 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Too true.

#19 krizzx

krizzx

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Square clearly wants this game to not sale. It will be even sadded if the PS3/360 version sell less than the Wii U version like Rayman Legend did. They nearly double the cost of the game with the delays and got less than half the money they originally would have.

#20 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

I find it funny how 3rd parties constantly make such basic errors and display incompetence overall and yet Nintendo is downright EXPECTED to cater to these morons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!