• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Over the weekend the newest installment to the Pokemon franchise was released. Pokemon X and Y is all the rage for Nintendo 3DS owners right now, but there are plenty of people who have been begging for a Wii U or even a smartphone version of the game. In the past GameFreak has stated that the Pokemon franchise is at home on Nintendo portables and director Junichi Masuda has confirmed the company still feels this way in a recent interview.

“You can trade and battle with people you’ve not met before. We think this mode of play is best possible with the Nintendo 3DS. If, for example, the Wii U were to be portable in its own right we’d probably reconsider. But for the moment we think the 3DS is the best device for Pokémon RPGs.”

The entire series got a graphical remake with the release of Pokemon X and Y, which no longer relies on sprite-based graphics, but rather cel-shaded graphics that feel much more console-like than previous Pokemon games. This has led many people to speculate that a main entry to the Pokemoon franchise could be released on the Wii U in order to boost console sales. That seems not to be the case, as GameFreak seems committed to the Nintendo 3DS has the home for the Pokemon franchise in the foreseeable future.

Source

Damn :/ wouldve really liked a pokemon rpg even tho im not really into pokemon anymore...

Source 2 with other info

#2 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

vader.jpg

Pokémon XD was a good start imo...

Edited by namkotje, 14 October 2013 - 03:29 PM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#3 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

The console excuse is lame. I understand it but I still think it's a lame excuse. The smartphone thing I really couldn't care about anyway.

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Pokemon Z for Wii u confirmed.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Misleading title; They were talking specifically about the rpgs.

#6 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Misleading title; They were talking specifically about the rpgs.

Not really misleading, because when you see "Gamefreak", you think of Pokemon RPGs to begin with.

Edited by Envy, 14 October 2013 - 03:55 PM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

There'll be a Pokemon RPG game on the Wii U. Nintendo will need to boost the sales of the Wii U.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

yeah im not expecting anything much. we will see

#9 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

vader.jpg

Pokémon XD was a good start imo...

no it wasnt, Colosseum was though

Edited by SPG, 15 October 2013 - 03:46 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#10 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

it amazes me that Gamefreak has to reiterate this CONSTANTLY to people who just can't get the message through their thick skulls. The franchise is a handheld franchise. It is not going anywhere and Gamefreak have said time and time again that they're not INTERESTED in making a console Pokemon. People just need to stop wasting their energy on this and get over it.

#11 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

I really didn't like the rpgs on consoles that much, not sure why, but if they made a Pokemon Stadium 3 for 40 dollars I'd totally buy it. Maybe even at 60...

I pray that they never make an official pokemon MMO though, you'd think people would realize by now that MMOs kill thriving franchises...

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#12 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Lol I like it how come everyone's like nooooo we wanted Pokémon Stadium 3 or whatever, and no one really cares about it being smartphone. XD

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#13 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Wtf is with the title, game freak never said we won't get a Pokemon game on the Wii U... He said we won't be getting a RPGs Pokemon game on it.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#14 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

no it was, Colosseum was though

Colosseum wasn't an RPG? or was it?

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

just reported the game selled four million worldwide in two days. This pisses me off Wii U needs a pokemon game to help i really hope they are making one for ethe console it needs system seller after system seller...

#16 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

As long as there is a companion game like battle revolution or stadium that let me battle my friends on the big screen I don't care too much. The trade off in handheld vs console is people watching you play vs portability. I'll keep portability.

I do want to be able to watch my friends battle each other In HD comfortably rather than over the shoulder though

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Nintendo games belong on Nintendo consoles, so it makes sense to have Pokemon on Nintendo hardware only.

Very flawed logic on the Wii U conversation.

Basically, with the online connectivity, the Gamepad camera, mocrophone, and MiiVerse integration, the Pokemon games are every bit as suited for the Wii U as the 3DS.

The real challenge is making a regular Pokemon game into a console worthy title.

Pokemon is actually an extremely simply game and simple enough to design once the characters, stories, etc. are worked out, . It's charm is in it's character and the fun of acquiring and leveling up.

To be worthy of a Wii U title, the graphics would have to be stepped up in a huge way, the sound as well, there would need to be work done to get the online working right, the new way of trading, etc.

there would probably also be a need for gameplay mechanics to be tweaked as well.  As good as a mobile Pokemon game on console sounds, if the gameplay wasn't upgraded, even traditional purist Pokemon lovers may expect more.

i expect that Game Freak has discussed the challenged and decided they aren't ready yet.  Plus they need to figure out how to faithfully translate Pokemon on to the big screen of the house without changing too much and offending purists. 

it's a pretty big challenge because expectations would be so huge.

Also, I imagine a pride issue is there.  a Polemon game on Wii U done right would instantly make the wii U itself a hit.  but I think they'd want it to sell in same kind of numbers as it does on mobile.  

The logic they give in their interiew doesn't fit reality. but that's probably all they are comfortable in saying.

#18 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Colosseum wasn't an RPG? or was it?

meant to say wasnt, stupid phone xD, xd was the 2nd 3d pokemon game that was an RPG

wa3Nq7j.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!