• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Nintendo has confirmed that it will support cross-play between the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U with non-Nintendo platforms, including other consoles. The Kyoto based company alsostated that it is committed to helping developers use this feature. Currently, the main game to support cross-play is Pure Chess, which is likely to support cross-play with PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita. Nintendo also says there’s more games using this functionality in the works.

“We can confirm that cross-platform functionality is possible in certain titles that play on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, as well as other video game systems not made by Nintendo. We are committed to helping developers realise the full potential of their software on Nintendo systems.”

“We can confirm that Disney Infinity from Disney Interactive Studios, Cubeman 2 from Three Sprockets and Pure Chess from Ripstone, all have the ability to play on Nintendo systems while at the same time communicating with consumers using those same games on other systems. Additional games using this functionality are in development.”

Source

this needs to implement this into call of duty and battlefield.

#2 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

COD! NEEDS THIS! 

#3 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

I swear if you can play Call of Duty Ghosts with Xbox one and PS4 players, my brother doesn't even need an Xbox One anymore.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

This needs to happen with every game with an online focus. Destiny, Watch Dogs, The Division, The Crew, Call of Duty, Battlefield, the new Battlefront, everything.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Dark Link

Dark Link

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I would love this for BF and CoD. Platform barriers suck.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-8971-0664

NNID: WirelessData

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Zelda Wind Waker HD

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

I swear if you can play Call of Duty Ghosts with Xbox one and PS4 players, my brother doesn't even need an Xbox One anymore.

EA:
We'd feel so sorry for P4 and WiiU players, since the x1 is the ultimate consoles for our games, the experience would be SO GOOD on x1 that a downgrade like this just wouldn't be worth it for us, as we want the hardcore gamers we love to get the best possible product.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Cod be needin dis

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#8 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Just out of curiosity (because I really don't understand how this works). But er, how does cross-play work with other consoles by different companies? 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

Just out of curiosity (because I really don't understand how this works). But er, how does cross-play work with other consoles by different companies?

Both consoles would share the same servers . Portal 2 on PS3 used Steam Servers, so it was conpatable with the PC version. The 360 version used Microsoft's servers, so you were restricted to playing with 360 players.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!