• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Across message boards and everywhere else, people are reporting broken consoles, whether retail units or prelaunch units. One rather large forum I go to has about 30-40% of vocal members reporting broken PS4s, with the rest reporting no problems. I believe Sony has said that .4% of consoles are affected. However given the number of people reporting issues, I myself am willing to believe it's much closer to 10-20%. I myself have a working PS4 which I am enjoying. Although this issue is bad, I don't think you should give up on buying a PS4 over this alone. If you are really worried, try to get an extended warranty or something, maybe.

I wonder if the XBox One will have similar problems?

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I can't remember. Did the Wii U have any problems at launch? And the people behind CAD are trying to name it the "Pulsing Blue Dickpunch of Sadness" in case you want a name.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 01:22 AM.

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

IFOnL84JRG.gif

(Credit: GAF) 

I'd prefer PS4 if I got another console but that gif is hilarious

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

I can't remember. Did the Wii U have any problems at launch

Just people bricking their consoles with the update by not really thinking.

I had a problem with the Wii U wireless which took awhile to fix.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Mine is crack.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

IFOnL84JRG.gif

(Credit: GAF) 

Now I want to post that everywhere just to piss off fanboys.

pNgecl.gif

#8 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

I keep hearing conflicting reports about this.  And by that I mean sites are reporting major issues or nothing at all as if everything is fine.

#9 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

A sony representative said: 

"A handful of people have reported issues with their PlayStation 4 systems. This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and are on track for a great launch.

There have been several problems reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of systems. The number of affected systems represents less than .4% of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction."

So how could 30-40% of a message board be having these problems?

Edited by AlwaysNinty, 16 November 2013 - 05:25 PM.

AlwaysNintendoLogo-e1402524089702.png

Check out Always Nintendo! It's your daily dose of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS news!

#10 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

I keep hearing conflicting reports about this.  And by that I mean sites are reporting major issues or nothing at all as if everything is fine.

My guess is that the number of faulty systems is nothing unexpected. The more and more consoles become computers, the more likely they will be to come out of the box with issues. That being said, most people don't like spending four hundred bucks on a toy that doesn't work out of the box.

pNgecl.gif

#11 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Mine is just finw. Been working perfectly.

#12 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Mines fine

#13 RetroPrime

RetroPrime

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, DarkSiders, and Monster Hunter

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Mine bricked 4 times, go figure. Every two hours or so I'd unplug the system.
Posted Image

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

A sony representative said: 

"A handful of people have reported issues with their PlayStation 4 systems. This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and are on track for a great launch.
There have been several problems reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of systems. The number of affected systems represents less than .4% of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction."

So how could 30-40% of a message board be having these problems?

1. Most of the people who talk are likely ones who experienced problems, whereas people without problems tend to keep quiet.

2. When 0.4% was said, there was likely a lack of knowledge on how serious the problem was.

#15 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Alright thanks for the clarifiaction :D

AlwaysNintendoLogo-e1402524089702.png

Check out Always Nintendo! It's your daily dose of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS news!

#16 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

My Wii U bricked in december, luckily it was fixed and came back like nothing happened. Shame PS4 is having the same problems.

794144.png?13383682

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

On average, any manner of commercial product has 3-5% of defuctive products that make it past qc.

so, for every million ps4's shipped, 5% is 50,000 consoles.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

xboxkillzonegifhighquality_by_syeds-d6u5

(Credit: IGN comment section) 

Edited by RogueStatus28, 16 November 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#19 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

sounds about right. People seem to forget that Sony doesn't have that good of a history with build quality. First iterations of their systems don't last more than a couple years typically (seriously, how many people had to buy replacement PS2s?). Still, I'll give it a week to see how widespread this is. But in any we do know one thing: that the PS4 is not the messiah of gaming, it's just another console.

#20 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Good things come to those who wait :P This is why you shouldnt buy at launch; the kinks get worked out, its cheaper, and there are actually games to play on it.

But in any we do know one thing: that the PS4 is not the messiah of gaming, it's just another console.

Our Messiah has still yet to release his console

LwbwXnN.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!