Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

The PS4 is a PC, it should be easier to up-port their 360 games to.<br />Of course, why put the effort in if you're catching day-1 buyers and just porting a last gen title?<br />Also, lol cod as if that needs to make an effort at all, ever.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

ps4 has clearer image. But the differencees are VERY minimal so far. 

No sig.

#23 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

I can tell quite a big difference in those screens and there just multiplat games...exclusives is where the massive difference is,but mario kart 8 looks very good imo and is the only game i will miss my wii u for

#24 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

I said it from day one, games on PS4 and Xbone barely look a generation ahead than PS360. And idiots are trying to compare PS4 to Xbone already lol it's pathetic.

#25 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

just wait till next gen, where the majority of gamers can bairly tell the difference, and see all the people screaming ugly to near unnoticable differences.

#26 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Black Flag looks like ass either way, but those first two ps4 pics? good lord! looks almost photo realistic! awesome. too bad it's cod ^^

#27 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

The first two pictures are WiiU lol.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#28 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

All I know is that I think the games on my Wii U look pretty awesome and really don't care how the others look.

just wait till next gen, where the majority of gamers can bairly tell the difference, and see all the people screaming ugly to near unnoticable differences.

#29 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

The first two pictures are WiiU lol.

I assume you're referring to my post, and did you see me say "first two ps4 pics?"

#30 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

Well it does look like your asking if they are PS4 pics.
Posted Image

#31 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Well it does look like your asking if they are PS4 pics.

nope. let's be honest. It's pretty damn obvious which are the ps4 pics.

#32 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

nope. let's be honest. It's pretty damn obvious which are the ps4 pics.

yeah. the smaller resolution ones.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#33 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

yeah. the smaller resolution ones.

Yep. Keep telling yourself what you need to. I game on a PC primarily and won't be buying a PS4 but come on. If you honestly think the first two pictures are obviously superior to the 3rd and 4th one, there is something wrong with your eyes.

#34 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

They're different resolutions. That's all I see. They're not exactly the same scene.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#35 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

Seems some people will never give the WiiU a break, it's standing up very well against a console with far more raw power.

Since PS4 screenshots started to turn up I'm pretty happy with some third party games.
Posted Image

#36 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

For starters, Ghosts looks carp even on the best PC so is the LAST game you should be comparing.

AC4, even the developer has admitted that its not much of a showcase of next-gen due to it being designed cross generation.  Plus, you used the least impressive scene of the whole game to compare AND its just been patched up to 1080p as apparently the launch version was only 900p.

The place in AC4 where you really see the difference are on the ship during a storm.  The PS4 version has a LOT more rain and you see waves washing over the deck of the ship.  Also any shot where you see the sun shining through the sails of the ship look impressive, although I'm not sure if the WiiU has that effect too I just know it looks vastly improved over current-gen on those bits.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 21 November 2013 - 08:33 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#37 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Well it's not as if we have many third party games to compare!
As for the worst scene in the game then ok I clearly should not show that I'm pretty happy with what the WiiU can do.

Just to try and highlight what I'm on about, here is a couple of snaps I have taken of the exact same location.

720p Black flag.

jbchWe3jsAymcc.jpg

1080p Black flag.

j9fiuGfuSCQFc.jpg

Both look great to me so does Joe Bloggs care as long as games are improved over PS360 that they have had for years?

Edited by Pjsprojects, 21 November 2013 - 10:52 AM.

Posted Image

#38 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

I never said you shouldn't be happy with the Wii U version, its a very good port and definitely better than the current-gen versions. What I WAS pointing out is that there ARE notable improvements in the PS4 version over the Wii U too and even the developer said they only made relatively minor improvements to the next-gen versions of the game over current-gen.

The point being, this is NOT the game to show off what the consoles are capable of. I'm not sure we ever will get the perfect game for comparison, it really depends if they develop any games ONLY for Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 24 November 2013 - 10:08 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#39 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

I never said you shouldn't be happy with the Wii U version, its a very good port and definitely better than the current-gen versions. What I WAS pointing out is that there ARE notable improvements in the PS4 version over the Wii U too and even the developer said they only made relatively minor improvements to the next-gen versions of the game over current-gen.

The point being, this is NOT the game to show off what the consoles are capable of. I'm not sure we ever will get the perfect game for comparison, it really depends if they develop any games ONLY for Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One.

Hes 100% right.

It is absolutely not the game to show off what next gen, er, this gen can do. And that includes the wii u. All the new effects are nice, but they are static effects triggered by a finite state machine, nothing dynamic, nothing procedural, nothing 'next gen'. Nothing next gen about them, they can, and in fact have, all been done since the ps2 era. Not as high poly or fancy looking, but the core concept behind the effects is indeed rooted in the ps2/cube/xbox era's.

The blowing plants look quite nice because they are well animated, but they are completely static, and perform the same canned animation no matter what way the wind blows, its simply a state change to 'windy' so it plays the animation. Any ps2 game with blowing trees does this. Windwaker did it much better, as it unified the wind with the physics engine, grass blew, trees blew, dust puffs, links tunic, water droplets, feathers, everything that was animated reacted dynamically to the environment wind, as well as dynamic localized sources, IE wind gusts generated by sword swings, bombs, deku leaves etc. Try it. Drop change the wind in windwaker, look at the grass, look at links cap, drop a bomb and stand just outside the blast radius, look at what the shockwave does to links cap, and nearby grass, helmaroc kings feathers...

All the rest of the effects, like the rain droplet animation on the ground when its raining, have also been done since last gen, or even before (morrowind, splinter cell chaos theory) The water on the dock is simply a layered animation that fades in upon a state change, and fades out. Its always there, the only thing that changes is the game fades it in so you can actually see it. Call of Cthulhu dark corners of the earth (og xbox) did this to great effect during the dagon battle stage on the boat.

They are nice touches, and drawn very well. But they are very old tricks... ANd not actually dynamic at all, but very obviously attached to the oldest trick in the book, a simple finite state machine. Definately seems like a case of more production time. Its certainly not 'next gen'. And the games will come soon enough that will show why. Even on wii u.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!