#1 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

Will the Wii U survive next-gen or will every gaming store throw away all of their Wii U systems and games, to make space for the Xbox One and PS4. 

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

POPULAR

No, what system has ever survived next gen.

What? What garbage is this? PS4 and xbone arent next gen, they are current gen. Ps5 and xerection are next gen. Once a generation starts, ITS NOT NEXT GEN ANYMORE.

Yes, wii u will survive ps4 and xbone. They are nowhere near the top of the list of issues the wii u needs to be concerned with.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

Let's see how many they shift over Christmas with what is really a good games line up.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

Let's throw it over to Reggie and get his opinion...

tumblr_mw8027VWQx1s8ouhxo1_500.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

It will survive. Whether it sells as well as the PS4 ends up selling, is another matter entirely.

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

No one has the ip that Nintendo has and that's enough to pull through imo.

#7 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

Are you serious? Was the Wii discontinued because the 360 and PS3 were much more powerful? Use your head. Why would that change now?

#8 Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

uh, you mean current gen

sig.gif

#9 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

depends how much people relize there are no games on PS4 or xbox1 atm to warrent a new consul. PS4s exclusives turned out to be crap so far. X1 seems to only have 1 meaningful exclusive with the rest being simply okay or crap from early reviews. everything else is a multiplat with a texture+effects upgrade.

#10 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

...really? We're doing this drama queen bs now, really? Using history, Nintendo is pretty much unkillable. Seriously, how may different times did people say stuff like this with the GC, the N64, the Wii, and Nintendo's entire handheld line, only to be proven false in the long run? No, the Wii U is not in any danger despite the launch hype of the PS4 and the XB1. So calm down

#11 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

I thought Wii U is a next Gen console

Edited by Mahmoodinho98, 17 November 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#12 RiasRed

RiasRed

Dress Breaker

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:RiasRed
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Pokemon, Anime.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

I thought Wii U is a next Gen console

The Wii U is part of the eighth generation of consoles along with the PS4 and Xbox One. It was next-gen until November 18, 2012. That's when the eighth gen started.

#13 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

depends how much people relize there are no games on PS4 or xbox1 atm to warrent a new consul. PS4s exclusives turned out to be crap so far. X1 seems to only have 1 meaningful exclusive with the rest being simply okay or crap from early reviews. everything else is a multiplat with a texture+effects upgrade.

First off Killzone isn't crap. Knack actually is fun and if you play it on hard instead of easy (like a reviewer) it is challenging.

I for one waited for the PS4 version of the multiplat games. I waited less thsn a month, unlike the Wii U which had 1 year old ports. Don't go down that road.

Also, the PS4 has sold 1 million in 24 hours. It took Wii U one week to sell 425, 000.

There are better games to play for this launch than Wii U had by far IMO. I can safely say this because I had both at launch and the PS4 had better games.

Heck, as a PS+ subscriber I got 2 free new games. Resogun and Contrast.

As expected I would rather play AC4 and COD on the PS4. Better resolution and graphics and all.

Edited by Dharmanator, 17 November 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Depends how the console fares in this years and next year's holiday seasons. The most important part of the Wii U's life.

2lvmghw.png

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Free resogun is pure condensed awesome. Everything else is meh to garbage, or a port.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Wii U has sold almost 3 million more units than the P4 and more than 3.9 million units more than the X1.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

Wii U has sold almost 3 million more units than the P4 and more than 3.9 million units more than the X1.

That is the saddest post I have read in a long time. 1 year later and that is it? There are about 3 months left and we won't even be able to say that.

#18 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

POPULAR

That is the saddest post I have read in a long time. 1 year later and that is it? There are about 3 months left and we won't even be able to say that.

Step 1. Remove the incredibly long stick of defensive sony fanboy butthurt from yourself. 

Step 2. Accept the fact that your precious PS4 is being outsold by incredibly large margins, by the inferior dead Nintendo Wii U/paperweight nonetheless. 

Step 3. Take a step back and look objectively at the scenario we have before us; Christmas is around the corner, We have the PS4 (and most likely the Xbox One) sold out everywhere right before the holiday shopping. The Christmas shopping parent walks into the store and cant find either console, but she does see a reasonably priced Wii U along with a timely released Mario game.

Step 4. Watch Nintendo Profit and Iwata, Reggie and Miyamoto  skip all the way to the bank (Wizard of Oz style)

Step 5. Question your life's meaning and purpose for having to go onto a Nintendo fanboy website and rage about how a Sony console is better

Step 6. Reread this post so that it sinks in before you rage with a irrelevant sony fanboy rage post. (Once the cycle is repeated eight times continue on to step 7)

Step 7. Come to the realization that sales mean absolutely nothing in regards to which console is better in terms of enjoyment. 

Step 8. Purchase the Mitch's Guide to a Better Life Handbook from amazon for 4 easy payments of $19.99

#19 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

i dunno what the OP is on about the WiiU is the same gen as the X1 & PS4 !

http://en.wikipedia....hth_generation)

Edited by alan666, 17 November 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#20 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Step 1. Remove the incredibly long stick of defensive sony fanboy butthurt from yourself. 

Step 2. Accept the fact that your precious PS4 is being outsold by incredibly large margins, by the inferior dead Nintendo Wii U/paperweight nonetheless. 

Step 3. Take a step back and look objectively at the scenario we have before us; Christmas is around the corner, We have the PS4 (and most likely the Xbox One) sold out everywhere right before the holiday shopping. The Christmas shopping parent walks into the store and cant find either console, but she does see a reasonably priced Wii U along with a timely released Mario game.

Step 4. Watch Nintendo Profit and Iwata, Reggie and Miyamoto  skip all the way to the bank (Wizard of Oz style)

Step 5. Question your life's meaning and purpose for having to go onto a Nintendo fanboy website and rage about how a Sony console is better

Step 6. Reread this post so that it sinks in before you rage with a irrelevant sony fanboy rage post. (Once the cycle is repeated eight times continue on to step 7)

Step 7. Come to the realization that sales mean absolutely nothing in regards to which console is better in terms of enjoyment. 

Step 8. Purchase the Mitch's Guide to a Better Life Handbook from amazon for 4 easy payments of $19.99

that...was beautiful....

no, stores are going to grab all the Wii U's and burn them. 

oh, and i just ordered my own copy of Mitch's Guide To a Better Life Handbook. should get here in a week. will it help me get married?

Edited by KingBoo, 17 November 2013 - 12:03 PM.

bb0.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!