• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

i am so disciplined, i made my wife get it today, wrap for christmas without me even seeing it. and i preordered. but for real, this looks like it could be the best ever and I'm scared I might not finish WW HD. i am shocked at all the 10/10's though

Funny I just finished Wind Waker HD yesterday, and I got it on launch day.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#22 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

13 critics out of 55 of them had given Super Mario 3D World perfect scores.  Not bad for a AAA title earning a 94 on Metacritic.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#23 GCD

GCD

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

I hope my pre-order gets dispatched early so i get it for the 29th, that would be great.

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

• GCD likes this
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

I hope my pre-order gets dispatched early so i get it for the 29th, that would be great.

I preordered mine from Shop To and hopefully it should be here on Thursday like their preorders normally are. That said it looked like they were run off their feet with the Xbox One launch and some people's preorders last week were delivered later and with the PS4 launch this Friday the same could happen again. Not that I would be that disappointed if mine arrived late as I've got the Xbox One to keep me busy as well as the PS4 this Friday. There's just too much to play right now what with Zelda on the 3DS and Tearaway on the Vita as well.

#26 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

I was eating when watching the second one, and when Andre called himself the Deluxe Edition I started choking. You almost killed me.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 26 November 2013 - 02:10 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#27 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

planning on buying this game possibly this weekend or maybe next week but I hope that it lives up to the review scores.  I have been disappointed by games with good review scores before.

Edited by XxNightfallxX, 29 November 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#28 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

Just bought this for my boy and he seems to enjoy it. I am a disappointed though, it does not look like a next-gen game at all. Poor washed out graphics, lack of polish, occasionally jerky animation and what is with the ugly and glitchy shadows?

I thought Super Mario U lacked a degree of polish but this looks positively unfinished.

#29 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

Just bought this for my boy and he seems to enjoy it. I am a disappointed though, it does not look like a next-gen game at all. Poor washed out graphics, lack of polish, occasionally jerky animation and what is with the ugly and glitchy shadows?

I thought Super Mario U lacked a degree of polish but this looks positively unfinished.

Nitpicking much... or U mad because Super Mario 3D World have already gotten perfect scores from (as of right now) 18 critics?!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#30 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

lol

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#31 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

Just out of mild curiosity, have you compared it to the youtube videos?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#32 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

No I have had a brief 10 minute play on the game and a few hours watching him play it. I am sure the gameplay is great - Nintendo rarely get that wrong - but to me graphically it looks less than polished. It is also a step backward from Mario Galaxy in terms of inventiveness and gameplay mechanics.

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

No I have had a brief 10 minute play on the game and a few hours watching him play it. I am sure the gameplay is great - Nintendo rarely get that wrong - but to me graphically it looks less than polished. It is also a step backward from Mario Galaxy in terms of inventiveness and gameplay mechanics.

*checks post history*

Huh. Every single post.

What-a-twist.jpg

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

*checks post history*

Huh. Every single post.

What-a-twist.jpg

He's an Albatross or an albatroll

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#35 GCD

GCD

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

I have been playing this game and have not seen anything even remotely coming close to the game looking unfinished, the game is near on perfect from what i have played, detail and colour are out of this world, and i have yet to see anything that could be classed as jerky or ugly in this game, quite the opposite actually.

So i am scratching my head as to find these things you pointed out, possibly all i can think of is your tv is not up to the task of showing this game in all its eye candy melting glory.

#36 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

In which case then you've not been playing the same game as everyone else.
  • GCD likes this

#37 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

So do you guys think this is better than Mario Galaxy 2? this is a supposed next generation console and this game isn't a patch on Galaxy in either ambition or realisation. It's a high fidelity version of a 3DS game, maybe you guys think that is good enough but I expected better.

I am sure Nintendo have some real next-gen titles lined up -  I refuse to believe that such a hugely talented and respected software house is not trying to push the game design envelope in some form or another.

#38 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

So do you guys think this is better than Mario Galaxy 2? this is a supposed next generation console and this game isn't a patch on Galaxy in either ambition or realisation. It's a high fidelity version of a 3DS game, maybe you guys think that is good enough but I expected better.

I am sure Nintendo have some real next-gen titles lined up -  I refuse to believe that such a hugely talented and respected software house is not trying to push the game design envelope in some form or another.

So... You want Nintendo to jump the shark? There's a lot of good ideas in SM3DW, and I'm really enjoying it.

• GCD likes this

#39 GCD

GCD

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

You got all that from playing just 10 mins of it??

I personally will have to complete it first before i could possibly attempt to compare it to another game, but what i do know is the stuff you point out from your 10 mins of play seem to be missing from my version, which is somewhat strange, so can i ask where did you see these jerky animations and poor shadows, what level and when would be nice so i can look for these issues.

#40 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

The point is why are you comparing it to Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the first place. Whilst they're both platform games they are of a different style and design with one being a single player fully 3D based game and the other is a single and multiplayer game in what is closer to 2.5D. They are both top not quality games in their own right. That said Super Mario 3D World isn't trying to follow in the foot steps of Super Mario Galaxy 2 bit it doesn't make it any lesser of a game in any way.
  • GCD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!