• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

With all the excitement of the Wii U graphics and controller this poses a chance for us Nintendo fans to look forward to some possible remakes as well as revivals to games that we had enjoyed from our past. Hopefully Nintendo will revive some of it's old franchises or even make some HD remakes in there too. My picks are (Yeah I know it's a lot :P)

HD remakes: GCN & Wii
Smash Bros Collections, Super Mario Sunshine, LoZ Wind Waker, Rouge Leader, Rebel Strike,
Baten Kaitos, Mario Kart Collection (snes-Wii), Pikimin 1&2, Metriod prime series and other M,
Mario Galaxy 1&2, Mad World, Punch Out, Red Steel 1&2, Muramasa the Demon Blade,
Eternal Darkness, LoZ Twilight Princess, LoZ Skyward Sword (even if I haven't played it yet) :D

Revivals & sequels
Giest 2, Killer 7 sequel, Mad World 2, New Star Fox, Red Steel 3, Star Tropics, Eternal Darkness sequel or prequel,
Killer Instinct (Wishful thinking I know Rare is a 1st party dev for Microsoft but since they aren't doing anything with the franchise might as well give it back to Nintendo), F Zero, Kid Icarus Wii U, New Rouge Squadren (again Wishful thinking), Yoshi's Island,

What are your picks?

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

A follow up on Metroid Other M where it fixes what made fans disappointed about the first one. I would also enjoy a HD collection of Devil May Cry because I never get to play the games.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

I believe we all know what this spoiler box will contain:
Spoiler

Also:
* Not rewriting the wishlist http://thewiiu.com/t...u/page__st__100

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 17 October 2011 - 10:01 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Jonke

Jonke

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:Jonke5
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Pony, Anime

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

A follow up on Metroid Other M where it fixes what made fans disappointed about the first one. I would also enjoy a HD collection of Devil May Cry because I never get to play the games.

Totally agree on this. they ruined the series with that game. Give us Retro Studios on the Metroid development again ;(

#5 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:50 AM

Not exactly remakes, but I would like to see Super Mario Galaxy 3 and Super Mario Sunshine 2 on the Wii U (or the 3DS for that matter). I'd like a HD remake of Majora's Mask on the Wii U if it doesn't come to 3DS. It seems like a possibility to me. Nintendo won't want to release too many remakes for the 3DS, so the Wii U could be the most likely candidate for a Majora's Mask remake.

#6 TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

Not exactly remakes, but I would like to see Super Mario Galaxy 3 and Super Mario Sunshine 2 on the Wii U (or the 3DS for that matter). I'd like a HD remake of Majora's Mask on the Wii U if it doesn't come to 3DS. It seems like a possibility to me. Nintendo won't want to release too many remakes for the 3DS, so the Wii U could be the most likely candidate for a Majora's Mask remake.

Majora's Mask remake with added story, dungeons and items, with the TP art style. Me likey.
"This news fills my heart with rainbows!"

#7 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:34 AM

The concept of Metroid other M was good but could have been better. If a sequel is made on the Wii u the two different view points can be done with the tv & controller making the switch in views less awkward and a better story, less lenier game play would help too.

#8 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

I would want a HD version of Okami using the Wii u controller. I have never played the game before but I want to.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#9 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

I agree with Caius. After playing Okami on the Wii, I would love if there was an HD remake, or better yet a third installment, on the Wii U.
Posted Image

#10 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

There is also the want for a HD FInal Fantasy collection. My first Final Fantasy Game was Final Fantasy XIII and I loved it and I am excited for the sequel. I would love to play the classics. I would also like HD remakes of Kingdom Hearts.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#11 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hmm... A lot of what I would've have wanted remade has already been said. I still have one game that hasn't been listed though.
Considering the series isn't really as great as the Metroid franchise I doubt it will happen but I think a little trilogy version of the two other Pikmin games along with the third one with updated graphics to the prequels would be really neat. Pikmin one and two were pretty stunning for their time, having superb environmental visuals for the Gamecube and a great soundtrack so a trilogy type thing would be really neat. Also I don't have any good Pikmin collectible memorabilia so a sweet tin Pikmin case would be very nice indeed.
Posted Image

#12 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:37 AM

Rayman 2 and 3... that might be nice ;)

#13 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:57 AM

Rayman 2 and 3... that might be nice ;)

Rayman 3 I would like, 2 I don't know they probably have to make it to become a major remake.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#14 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:16 AM

Mario Party Collection 1-7 on Wii U remade.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#15 massattacker

massattacker

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

i can agree on mario sunshine and wind waker i can not think of any other right now

#16 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

a hd altered beast made into a 3d platform and alex the kid in miracle world

#17 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

I would love to see HD remakes of Super Mario Bros 1, 2, and 3. It would be cool to see a HD remake of The Legend of Zelda too.

Edited by Wii8461, 24 October 2011 - 10:37 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#18 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

a hd altered beast made into a 3d platform and alex the kid in miracle world

OMG I know that game. I would be pretty cool to see remakes and/or squeals of NES games like they did with Kid Icarus: uprising
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#19 Jstar269

Jstar269

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Universe

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

how about KIRBY!!! everyone forgot about kirby? and super mario galaxy.

how about KIRBY!!! everyone forgot about kirby? and super mario galaxy.

#20 CBNS

CBNS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

Sequels i would like to see: Starfox Adventures 2, Eternal Darkness 2, Aggressive Inline 2, 1080 Snowboarding 3 & Pikmin 3,

I hope to see HD remakes of these: Time Splitters 2, Shenmue 1-2, Ogre Battle 64, Super Monkey Ball DX, Pacman Vs. & Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

And last my biggest wish. If it could be possible i'd like to see new Killer Instinct game made by Team Ninja. (Not going to happen but i can always dream)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!